Divorced ch.26

I tapped my foot on the ground to the slow beat from the elevator music. Mainly for my enjoyment and to annoy the hell out of the stranger and my uncle who is apparently my biological father. From the side of their faces, how the corner of their mouth twitched in irritation; I was getting to them, which pleased me.

Once the elevator doors opened, the stranger jumped out as if their was a fire. I chuckled to myself from how fast he ran out the large space of an elevator. Once the doors closed, I can feel the glares my uncle was sending me. "You act like a child,"

"No," I protest. "I act like myself; fun and outgoing."

He scoffed before shaking his head in disagreement. "You're thirty, not twelve."

"You're fifty-five, not twenty." I snapped back, giving him some glares along the way.

Finally, the elevator doors opened; releasing us from the hot and boring area that slightly made me claustrophobic from the tension between us. I stepped out first and took a sharp left towards the lobby where the lawyer offices are.

Apparently, Ian had an office and New York and was coincidently was on work-vacation here in New York as well. However we all know my uncle called him; it's not a surprise.

Immediately, the receptionist took us to Ian's office which was large, warm and comfy from the leather furniture and pleats. "Charlie, how you doing?" Ian Duncan stood to his feet, completely shocking me from his changed features.

It's been at least thirteen years since I've seen him and from those years he still looked the same. The young looking white guy, who I fantasize to be my Sugar daddy at one point. I'm not proud about it nor do I regret; every girl probably sexually fantasize about an older person at one point.

"Ian, thank you for meeting us..."

I gave Charlie a questionable look, Ian wanted me to come in to speak with him- not us. "Actually," I couldn't let the statement pass. "Mr. Duncan wanted to see me, specifically; not you."

Ian laughed, that usually low and husky laugh that made me have a crush on him. "It's okay, Skyler and please call me Ian. Having you call me by my last name makes me feel old."

I giggled.... Why the duck am I giggling?... I sound like a teenager and kinda feel like one. Charlie scoffed before dismissing himself to take a seat on the comfy sofa. "It's nice to see you again, by the way."

"Likewise, please, have a seat."

I quickly went off to take a seat on the sofa, on the other end; leaving space between Charlie and I. Ian sat in front of us, as if we were in family counseling; which we need.

"I was looking over the files Charlie sent in," Ian opened a thin file and picked up an expensive silver pen.

My mouth gapped open, not because of the expensive looking utility, but because of my uncle's lack of sense in privacy and legal matters. "When did you get the files?"

Charlie shrugged... That prick...

"That's illegal!" I burst out while turning my whole body towards him as if I was going to attack. "You can't do that without my consent. How did you even get assess to the case files? And don't say you have connections."

Charlie didn't open his mouth to speak up, nor question my statements. I rolled my eyes before putting my attention back on Ian, who was stuck in the middle of our thick tension. "Well," Ian cleared his throat while scheming through the papers. "Basically this case will go by fast. Mike's father can't take Mike away for several reasons on his and your part in this case. The court date is in a week, so I will see you there."