Divorced ch.33

Mother Nature did not show mercy for the individuals who dared to go out after a long night of celebrating the new year. The freezing temperatures of twenty-nine was freezing me from the outside in, even though I wore a thick coat and a jacket; including gloves, leggings under my pants and a hat.

Shelly on the other hand was not phased by the freezing temperature; she managed to look beautiful with her stylish wear. Which consist of six-inch ankle boots, her fur coat, and gloves. I felt cold for her.

We walked along the sidewalks of Manhattan to find a good restaurant to eat in. Shelly had an idea of making us eat out there since we never really stepped foot into Manhattan; on purpose I may say. Along our journey, we gotten hot chocolate from a hipster café I may come back to if I ever step into Manhattan again.

"So," Shelly spoke up after walking out of the café and into the not so busy sidewalk. I would say Manhattan did not have a morning rush hour. "How's Mike's father?"

I mentally rolled my eyes, not because of him; Aaron and I our great. It's just the fact I knew Shelly would bring up the question sometime soon, considering I've been trying to avoid it. "Aaron's fine."

Shelly lips turned into a smirk, "Fine? Come on, you've been trying to dodge this question for the longest; I know you got some tea to spill.... How's the sex?"

I almost choked on my hot chocolate from that question, "Shelly!" I said in shock.

"What?... I may be crossing over my boundaries with that heated question, but come on; give me something."

From the start when Shelly and I met, she told me she was the type of person that would dig for information; mainly because she works as a reporter and it's a habit. "Just know we're cool." I said, while trying my hardest to not blush.

Shelly eyes went slant as she stared at me from the corner of her eye. "How many times have you two slept together?" I sipped on my hot chocolate while keeping my eyes forward. Shelly squeaked in excitement like a teenage girl. "Okay okay," She fanned herself down, even though the temperature is below thirty. "Five times..."

I shook my head no.

"Six times?.."

Once again, I shook my head no and kept my eyes forward; to mainly not give anything away. If she wanted to snoop, then she would have to work for some information.

"Seven times!?"

I gave her a look, "Seven times!? We only started to become intimate last week."

"Yeah girl, it's possible. If not seven then it must has been four."

Still no nod of confirmation from me.

"Three?... One?... Twice?!... Twice! It has been twice."

I mimicked a bell going off, causing a few civilians walking pass look at us oddly. "Yes Shelly, you figured out the riddle."

She rolled her eyes at me, "No need for that, just trying to figure things out with you and this Aaron."

"There's nothing to figure out, we going to start dating by tomorrow and hopefully it'll last more than a month."

"So you two never been on a date?... Do you know anything about him except that he's Mike's father?"

Well yeah, he's a recovering drug addict, lived in Georgia and traveled in United States including Cuba... "Not really, why?"

Shelly sipped her warm beverage before saying, "Have you gotten tested?" I shamefully shook my head no, which caused her to shock on the cold air. "Maybe you should get tested, just in case. I'm not trying to say he's dirty or anything." She advised.