Divorced ch.35

The sunlight slipping through the small opening of the blinds was the first to greet me that morning, making me blinded for a quick second as I turned towards the other side. From the action, I felt sluggish but luckily I didn't have a killer headache.

I groaned/whimpered when I tried my best to lift my head to see the time, but failed miserably. "I see that you're awake," Aaron came into my view with a displeased look upon his handsome face. I didn't blame him for the look, I did almost throw up on him.

And yes, I remembered everything from last night.... I was a fool to drink alongside Shelly; trying to keep up, knowing she drunk her way through college as I stayed in my dorm and studied my ass off.

The upside was that Aaron was shirtless, showing his glistening abs that was oiled down- notifying me he just came out the shower from his fresh boxers he stores here, just in case we did have sex. You never know.

From the look upon his face, I can tell we won't have sex for awhile. "You probably think I'm an alcoholic now," I pout my lips as I watch him sit on the bed, far away from me.

"I thought and assumed." He said, giving me no smile whatsoever.

I can't lie, I was hurt from his cold shoulder. "You're mad," I stated. This was the first time ever seeing Aaron mad, usually he's just frustrated or irritated; but not mad. Aaron didn't answer, he just gave me his cold shoulder; a shoulder so cold, it brought a chill to the air. "Sorry for throwing up on you, I usually don't come home drunk like that. I don't know what came over me, I thought I could keep up with Shelly. It was stupid of me." I said while staring at his back that was now facing me.

"Do you have a headache?" Aaron asked, still not turning to look at me.

I shook my head no, slowly, "No, just sluggish."

Aaron stood up to only put his pants on, "A banana and water is on your nightstand beside you. Make sure you eat and drink that before cleaning yourself up." He practically ordered before disappearing on me by walking out the room.

Without protesting, I did what he told me to do; even though it took sometime to actually get out of bed. I made my way downstairs to only see Aaron in the living room, no Mike. "Is Mike still sleep?" I asked once I got close enough to Aaron.

"It's eleven in the morning and he's at school." Aaron said, this time with less bossiness in his voice; which oddly turned me on.

"Oh," I slowly took a seat on the couch. "Thanks for dropping him off, and taking care of me last night."

"That's what I'm here for, Sky." Aaron took a seat next to me, his thigh brushed against my knee as his arm draped around my shoulders.

I couldn't help but sink into him as if he was a large and comfy pillow. "I don't blame you if you're angry at me for that idiotic stunt last night-"

"I'm not angry, I'm just... thinking."

"Thinking? What about?" I asked.

Aaron sighed before placing a cooling kiss on my forehead, "Nothing serious."

I look up at him to see his face was slightly stern than normal. Aaron's silly demeanor was no longer present and his body was tense. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing to do with anything last night nor anything about you. It's just some family shit happening, I may need to go back to Atlanta soon."

I sat up to get a clear view of him, "When you say go back-"

"Only for a couple of weeks or a week, not for a very long time."