Divorced ch.36

The sound of crying and thunder bursting my ear drums as I tried my best not to laugh. Shelly was resting her head on my shoulder as she cried over Kendall, for the third time this week. It was a lightning storm outside that will soon turn into a heavy blizzard even given time. Luckily before the storm started, Shelly and Brittany stopped by for lunch. Unfortunately they'll have to stay the whole night.

It's not like I don't like having them over, it's just I wanted to be cuddled up in bed while talking to Aaron without anyone on my back. I already know Mike and Brittany would be sleep in his room by time I do talk to Aaron; but Shelly would want to stay up all night and have my attention.

"...I hate him!" Shelly cried out for the millionth time today. Like last time, Kendall has been ignoring Shelly's text and calls. She's really devastated over it, I guess she really held strong feelings over him. Kendall is a fool to ignore Shelly like that instead of being a man and face her, she's a good woman and apart of me thanks they can work things out; but I guess he's not ready for the next level.

"Shelly forget about him, he's a nobody." I knew it's was easier said then done, but I have to do something to knock some sense into this girl. "If Kendall is not answering your calls and text, take that as a sign to find someone better; someone that won't turn their back on you."

Shelly sniffed away the mucus in her nose before sitting up, her eyeliner was down her cheeks and her nude lipstick was smeared; she looked awful. "I-I can't, my heart is broken."

I sighed heavily before getting up and making my way to the bathroom, to only come back with a makeup wipe and tissue. "Here," I handed her the wipe for her to use and held onto the tissue until she's ready for that. "Use your broken heart as an advantage. Now you know what not to do in new relationships, your broken hearts is basically used as a guide; use your past mistakes to help you with your future accomplishments." I handed her the tissue once she was done wiping her makeup off.

"Thanks," she sniffed once again before discreetly wiping the mucus off her nose. "This is kinda embarrassing," she said with a small smile.

I shrugged my shoulders, "We've all been there, nothing to be ashamed of; its human nature to share emotions."

Shelly shook her head while rolling her eyes, "Why is it that every time you give advice, it's like your doing poetry?"

"Poetry? A lot of people say I speak with wisdom, but never poetry." I stated while rubbing my chin as I thought about the past advice I gave to Shelly or anyone.

"Maybe you should write poems for your next book."

I scoffed, then laughed as if she told an hilarious joke. "Yeah right, only poetry I know starts off with: Roses are red, Violets are blue.... I suck at poetry."

"Fine then," Shelly balled up the used tissue in her hand. "Don't call it poetry, call it wise words that's formed into sonnets."

"Still poetry in my head, considering sonnets are a form of poetry with or without rhyme." I stated.

"Did anyone tell you, you're a smart ass?" Shelly questioned while giving me a look.

I shrugged my shoulders once again, "Not to my face, usually behind my back or in their head."

Shelly look instantly changed into a small smile, "Speaking of smart-ass, I'm going to check on Brittany and Mike." She stood to her feet and stretched before leaving my room while closing the door behind her.

I fished out my phone just in time to see Aaron's number and picture of him that I snuck, pop up on my screen. I immediately answered it on the second ring with a huge smile on my face. "Hey," I chirped.