2

Chapter Two

Lola's POV

When the trumpets began to blare, everyone took their seats ready to spend ridiculous amounts of money for (essentially) a toy. We were all taken up to the stage, my heart was almost palpitating in my chest from the adrenaline that coursed through my veins. As much as I hated the idea of being sold, I hated the whole 'window shopping' atmosphere more which the crowd gave off as they were walking around.

Waiting in the wings, I started to take deep breaths again, preparing myself for the intense and emotional experience that I was about to endure. I had already gone through worst case scenarios, the whole 'not-being-sold' thing or the 'not-being-sold-for-alot' scenario. The girl in front of me was applying her make up for the seventh time, her hand shaking ever so slightly. Her name may have been Pepper, or something along those lines, and with every girl that walked up on the stage her face paled more. Despite not knowing her, I placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder and she gave me a weak smile and put her makeup brush down. She didn't need to say anything and neither did I, it was a nice gesture to end the whole training experience on.

"Lola its your turn," the girl behind me said quietly and I looked forward to see the empty stage waiting for me to stand on it. Taking one last deep breath, I walked on hoping that the event wouldn't be as bad as I was imagining. Of course it was.

"Lola, the adventurous one. Nice one we have here so let's start the bidding at £1,000," when he said that, a sea of paddles were raised indicating that a lot of people wanted me. I didn't know whether to feel disgusted or flattered.

"£2,000"

"£4,000"

"£17,000"

"Let's cut the bullshit," one voice shouted from the back which I immediately recognised as the woman who had talked to me earlier, "One million pounds!" A gasp erupted from the crowd who looked shocked at her discard for the traditional way Hottixs were sold. Usually the numbers were slowly pushed up to around £500,000. No one had ever been sold for a million.

"Sold to the lady at the back for one million pounds," even the announcer had a shocked tone to his voice.

As I was escorted off the stage, I looked back to see the next girl staring open mouthed, still in shock. I knew what she was thinking. Why her? What makes her so special? In truth I didn't know, and wasn't sure whether I wanted to know.

After grabbing a suitcase that contained all my clothes and possessions, I was led towards a room known as the 'meeting room'. Looking down at the floor, I let a single tear fall down my cheek as I left my old limbo-like life behind. Inside the walls of the training facility, it was like reality wasn't alive; I was now having to confront the corrupt world outside.

"Hello Lola," looking up, I met my new owner's chestnut eyes that seemed to hold secrets, I saw them scan over me one last time before grabbing my hands and tugging me out of the door and into the outside. Closing my eyes, I let her take me away putting all my faith in some god that would hopefully help me through the hellish life I was being pulled into.

We walked through the expansive car park and then I was directed into an expensive, trendy car that I was sure cost more than what she had paid for me. She got into the driving seat and applied some more lipstick to her stained red lips and then turned to me with a bright smile.

"Don't look so afraid, I don't bite," I gave her a weary smile and then turned my head to look out the window, hoping that she wouldn't try and engage in conversation- something I was notoriously bad at.

Around half an hour into our journey she opened her mouth and began to talk, I almost died internally.

"My son will love you, his name is Brooklyn. He's such a sweet boy, so don't you worry," she was beaming as she spoke about him which warmed my heart slightly; she obviously cared about him.

"I'm sure he is," I replied back and she gave me a quick smile before concentrating back on the road.

"My husband doesn't think we should get him a Hottix but it isn't his money to spend," I could hear some regret in her voice, it almost had a bitter tone.

"When did you meet your husband?" I engaged in small talk finally and I could tell she felt triumphant.

"Last year," she replied back cheerily.

"I thought your son was almost 16?" I was puzzled, they couldn't have had a kid last year and it grow up to be 16.

"My son is from a previous marriage my dear," I smacked my head mentally, I was so stupid sometimes, "No my current husband is 21, so much better than the old git that I thought I loved."

The fact that her husband was 21 surprised me, seeing as she was around 36-37 and maybe even 40. But I had no place to question it, I had been taught to keep my opinions to myself.

"His name is Harry," she added before the car was filled with silence again.

Ok before I get any comments about Harry and cougars- no this isn't me being misinformed about Harry and maybe his attraction to older women. This is an alternate universe fanfic. It works with the plot- you just have to wait till it makes sense why the mother has to be older. So no hate please.

Mmmmm I wonder how this is going to work out then, this new life.

Will Lola be able to cope?

Please vote if you enjoyed and remember to give feedback- positive or negative :3

:))