21

Chapter Twenty One

The Next Day

Harry's POV

Walking down the stairs I felt like I was hungover but I couldn't remember drinking anything- maybe it was the after effect of being too happy. Bella wasn't next to me when I woke up but then again she never was, she always had to be doing something. Doing her makeup, going shopping, bossing people around.

I decided to make some coffee to get rid of my headache; I closed my eyes and listened to the machine whirring away until I heard it was done and without even looking I grabbed the cup and took a big sip.

"Harry," a voice snapped me out of my daze and I opened my eyes to see Brooklyn walking over to me, the boy had anger written all over him.

"Brooklyn," I replied curtly, not wanting to have a conversation with the boy. I wasn't intimidated by him, I was just bored by him.

"I can't believe you have the nerve to show your face round this house," he spat, standing only a few feet away from me. I almost choked on my coffee- what was he on about?

"I'm sorry mate, I have no idea what you mean," I said, laughing slightly at the boy's words.

"Lola," he shouted and I stood stock still, "Lola was crying last night- after you fucking left. What did you do? Beat her? Force her to have sex with another one of your friends?"

I looked at him cold eyes, I couldn't believe he could even imply that.

"No, if you went to ask her why she was crying you would know. Its not my place to tell you her secrets- the ones she shared with me," I put emphasis on the word 'shared', I wanted him to know that Lola trusted me more than him. I wanted him to feel jealous.

"Don't try to patronise me Styles, I could knock you out with one hit," I saw the boy clench his fists until his knuckles turned white. It was true the boy had some muscle on him but when it came down to it- he knew I would beat him easily. I was a lot stronger than I looked.

"I could knock you out with one touch- what's your point?" I didn't care that I was arguing with my step-son, I didn't care if it meant we had a dysfunctional relationship later on. It's not like we had ever bonded before.

"Dick," he muttered before leaving in embarrassment, slamming the kitchen door behind him.

Leaning against a countertop I took another sip of my coffee that had gone cold, I knew Bella would tell me off later. I knew she would start lecturing me about having a happy household meant having a 'happy life'. But I didn't care.

Bella's POV

My arm was draped lazily over his chest as I watched him puff clouds of smoke into the room.

"I'm glad you came back to me Bel," he said in his hoarse voice, it had turned rough from years of smoking and other bad habits.

I just nodded, not wanting to reply to him; I didn't know why I came, I didn't want him back. I had moved on with my life, he had gone his own way yet I was drawn to him like we had some electrostatic attraction. I was the positive and he was the negative.

"I bet Harry would be fuming in one of his stupid suits if he knew what we were doing," the sound of Harry's name made my stomach churn, I didn't want to think of the man I had at home.

"Yeah," I said meekly, knowing that Harry would be angry at me but he wouldnt be jealous. He wouldn't feel hurt. He had someone that he cherished a lot more than me, and that person was the only one that could hurt him, could make him feel jealous, could make him feel love.

My ex- husband blew more smoke in the air, making me want to cough and choke. I knew the man I was laying with was so inferior to Harry that it was laughable, but at least the man I was laying with wanted me there. He wanted my body, he wanted my words, he wanted my time. Unlike Harry he was satisfied by just me, my ex-husband only needed me. What I had been craving for was to feel wanted.

A phone rang downstairs and regretfully, my ex-partner got out of bed and went to go answer. A few small tears formed in the corners of my eyes as the room fell silent- I didn't like the quiet. I didn't like being alone with my thoughts, I always had to be doing something. Something to make me feel occupied.

"Bella, your husband called. I suggest you think of a rational reason as to why you're here- and you better think of it now," he shouted up the stairs and I froze.

My blood ran cold and my pulse rapidly increased. How had Harry found out?

Ooooohhhhhh cliffhanger! You know stuff is gonna go down when you have a POV from a different character. Was Bella justified though in going to her ex, or should she have stayed loyal to Harry even though she knew he was falling for someone else?

Sorry this was quite short but it was kinda had to be!

Please give feedback and vote if you enjoyed :)

:3

Check my bio for which days this will updated on. I'm pretty sure its going to be on Tuesdays and Fridays!