6

Chapter Six

Later that day

Lola's POV

After the hours of exhausting shopping I was finally allowed to hide myself away in my bedroom although I didn't like being there particularly; it was cold and bare, the white walls menacing and the pristine sheets blinding.

A few stray tears fell down my cheeks as I finally got to rest my head on the cloud like pillows, except these were tears of relief. I was finally able to relax, forget about what was behind my bedroom door and sleep. Or so I thought.

Just as I was about close my heavy eyelids and fall into a deep slumber, there was a knock at the door which made my whole body freeze.

"There can't be more I have to do today," I moaned quietly to myself as I walked towards the door.

When I opened it I was greeted by a vaguely familiar face- it was the son. The one I was bought for as some sick kind of present. He was standing awkwardly, looking down at his shoes every few seconds to avoid eye contact.

"Hey, what's up?" I said slowly, hoping to kill the awkwardness that was hanging in the air. As I spoke he looked up, his large brown eyes meeting mine; he had a charming gaze but not one that made me feel at ease, instead I just felt a bit uncomfortable.

"Hey Lola," he began to walk into my room and I soon realised that the nap I was dreaming of wouldn't be happening. He sat himself down on the bed, patting the space next to him as an indicator for me to join. Cautiously I wandered over and sat slightly away from him, hoping that the encounter would be a short one.

"I just came to get to know you a bit," I could hear the nerves in his voice, "I know you probably think I'm the creep who asked his mum for a Hottix but I swear I had no idea..." He paused for a while before continuing, "I think she has this mad idea that I'm like some bull that has an unstoppable sex drive!"

I laughed at his joke and he gave me a genuine smile, I knew then that he was a nice guy. A nice guy living in a messed up world. We didn't speak for a while, and instead we just studied each others faces. I scanned over his thick mop of hair that sat on his head, his kind brown eyes, his soft lips, the way he titled his head to the side slightly when he was looking about something intently. I didn't know what he was thinking when he was looking, probably crude things that I didn't want to know.

"You're really beautiful," he whispered slowly as he moved a strand of hair behind my ear and I blushed almost crimson, no one had said that to me in the way he did- in the kind, innocent way he spoke.

"Thank you," I replied back and looked away embarrassed. His hand found its way to my cheek and guided me to face him again, with both hands now cupping my cheeks. I knew what was going to come, what he would do. It could be a lot worse, I told myself, he could be some eighty year old man trying to kiss you. But the thought still brought bile up from my stomach.

"Brooklyn," a voice from behind the door sounded and I almost fainted from relief, there was a way out of the situation!

"Until next time," he said deviously and I smiled at his childish ways. When he went to the door I curled up under the duvet and smiled to myself, life was bad but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. So far I hadn't had to do anything too demoralizing.

Harry's POV

"I literally spent £3,000 on the girl can you get off my case?!" I was shouting with Bella again, and of course it was about her favourite topic. The Hottix.

"I just think you haven't made enough effort with her, she is part of our family," she had that tone in her voice that made my skin crawl, that nagging voice beside me that wouldnt shut up.

"She's not! You buying her doesn't make her an honorary Styles, I'm actually feel disgusted that you would suggest she was part of our family," maybe I was a bit harsh, but the thought of slimy Hottix infiltrating my pure family name was one of nightmares.

"Go and give her the clothes you bought and get off on a better start with her- apologize for the way you've been acting," I grimaced as she placed the bags in my arms meaning there was no way out of it, even if I dropped the bags she would find a way to make me go. She was that kind of person, the one who always got her way.

Sighing I walked down the hallways, mumbling to myself about why I should have never married the old hag (harsh language I know). When I approached her door I dropped the bags and pinched the bridge of my nose trying to calm my anger. The whole scenario had got me worked up, the constant fighting taking its toll on me.

I was about to knock on the door when I heard a male voice inside, one I recognized to be Brooklyn's. It didn't surprise me, she was after all his Hottix. I just couldn't be bothered to wait any longer to have to give an apology; I wanted to go in, say what I needed to say and go and get a glass of gin to sooth my aching brain.

"Brooklyn," I called impatiently and I heard some movement inside before the door clicked open and the teenager stepped out.

"What do you want?" He asked angrily, looking back into the room every three seconds.

"I need to speak with the girl," I could see Brooklyn suppressing a smile, he knew his mother had sent me.

"She's... Fallen asleep," he trailed off as he looked into the room to see her already under the covers asleep. Inside I was doing a victory dance but I could tell he was disappointed.

"Maybe next time buddy," I said patting him on the back and mentally thanking Lola for her amazing timing.

So this is cute XD aww Brooklyn seems sweet right?

Haha :) can anyone think of a ship name for them??

Well Harry and Bella seem to me having trouble in paradise... But hey they never married for love I guess.

Please vote if you enjoyed this chapter and give me feedback!

:3