5

Chapter Five

Lola's POV

City buildings emerged from the ground as we drove and skyscrapers began to fill my vision; it was a sight I had never seen before. In the front, Mr and Mrs Styles engaged in boring, humdrum conversation that I got bored of quickly; they talked about the weather and people I didn't know. Something about their relationship seemed a bit off but it wasn't my place to judge.

"We're here," the sudden voice made me jolt in my seat and I realised I had fallen asleep, we were somewhere completely different to when I was awake. Outside were a few people dotted along a pavement, they were all looking into shop windows and then walking off when they couldn't see anything they liked.

"Welcome to the Elite world!" Mrs Styles said excitedly and began pointing out shops with complicated, fancy names; it was a lot to take in.

I had never been to a place like it; people walked down the streets wearing heels too high to be practical, adorning fur coats, dragging their husbands towards shops with things in the window worth more than what you would pay for a Hottix.

Harry got out the car regrettably but to my surprise he didn't just walk off to find whatever he needed to buy, in fact he came to stand next to me and listened to his wife blabbering on about high end shops. When she noticed he was there, she stopped talking and looked at him quizzically.

"I thought you had to buy stuff?" She asked and he chuckled, the sound almost like birdsong.

"Yes, buy stuff for you. I thought I'd buy whatever you wanted to make up for the foolish ways I've been acting recently," I felt like I was intruding into their personal life by standing in the middle of them. Slowly I backed away from them to let them talk but a hand held me in place- it was Harry's.

"And I wanted to get off to a better start with Lara!" He looked at me with eyes that said anything but kindness- in fact he looked mad.

"It's Lola dear," Mrs Styles corrected him and he laughed again, except I could tell it wasn't genuine.

"I'm so sorry," he looked at me again, I could tell he wasn't in the least bit sorry. I felt a shiver go down my spine as he looked at me, he almost scared me. His face spelt happiness but his eyes showed hatred, anger and something sinister. I looked at the floor to avert his intense gaze.

The cold air hit us as we walked down the streets, looking into shop windows and I expressed vague interest into clothes that were far too expensive for what they were. Finally we escaped the cold by walking into a fancy shop that Ms Styles liked the look of. The sales assistant came rushing over to greet us with a huge, plastic smile and began gushing over how beautiful we all looked; uncomfortable would be an understatement for the way I felt.

As we walked round the shop, the sales assistant threw clothes at me and soon my arms were filled with a pile of expensive but beautiful clothes.

"Go and try them on," Mrs Styles said and took a seat on one of the chairs outside the changing room, "When you've tried on each outfit come out and show us!"

With much regret I entered the changing room and began to peel off the clothes I was wearing, I would have objected to her spending so much money on me but seeing as Harry was paying I didn't really care. There was something about him that put me on edge, made me feel like he had some deep rooted hatred that had already manifested in him towards me.

The first outfit was a small, tight black dress that hugged my body in an uncomfortable way; it made me feel even more like a Hottix, like something dirty.

When I stepped outside, Mrs Styles and the sales assistant began to gush about how old I looked and I gave a weak smile- personally I hated the dress with every fibre of my body. I didn't even dare look at Harry, I knew I'd get the same cold stare as I did before.

"Why do you care so much about him hating you?" I mumbled to myself whilst changing into the next dress which was a long evening gown; the only answer I could give myself was that I didn't like to be hated. I didn't like the fact that he had judged me and already had strong views about me without even talking to me.

Dress after dress, skirt after skirt and I was beginning to get exhausted but I felt excited when I saw there were only a few items left. It would only be a short amount of time before I could go back to my room and sleep.

Harry's POV

"Why is she taking so long?" I grumbled to Bella who was in an in-depth conversation with the sales assistant. We had been in the shop for hours, just waiting for the stupid girl to try on outfit after outfit and the whole thing had become tedious. I was regretting ever coming out with them.

"It takes time dear," Bella rested her hands on my thigh and I almost jerked away from her but I stopped myself. Our relationship had been rocky, she blamed it on my lack of attraction for her which I couldn't argue against. There was no denying that our relationship was based on money and status, I suppose she dreamed it up to be something that involved love. There was no chance in hell that I loved Bella- no way!

In the warped society, no one married for love; love was such a foreign idea for anyone to think about. Many women thought marriage would eventually lead to love, women like Bella. There was no denying that I loved her in one way, a sexual way. But that sexual love faded and faded till it was almost transparent. I couldn't help but feel like the Hottix was bought to bring that love back.

"Seriously she moves at a snail's pace!" I exclaimed and Bella scolded me, for some reason she had taken a fondness to the girl. I, however, had taken the exact opposite- I despised her. I could see her appeal, the reason Bella had chosen her. But I couldn't see me ever liking her enough to stand her being in my household.

Ooh feisty Harry- well at least we know how he feels now! But Lola seems to feel a little differently about Harry, is it just me who is sensing that?

Please vote if you enjoyed and give feedback!

Thank you so much for 200 reads like WOW I was not expecting that!!!

:3