29

Chapter Twenty- Nine

The Next Day

Lola's POV

I held Harry's hand in mine as we walked alongside the road which we hoped would lead us into a village where we could get help; the cold wind whipped through my hair and brashly hit my cheeks turning them a dark crimson. If Harry was cold, he never complained and instead handed me his jacket when he noticed the goosebumps on my arms.

"Where are we going to go after this?" I asked, breaking the silence of the morning air. In the distance I could hear a bird's sweet song and there was something beautiful about the perfect serenity of it all.

"Well it depends where you want to go," he said back with a grin; I loved watching him smile, the sight always warmed my heart.

"We could travel the world," I broke away from his hand and began to throw my hands about in the air as I spoke, becoming more animated by the second, "We could go anywhere we wanted! The world is at our feet."

"I have to stay near London for my job, but I like you thinking!" I stood still for a moment after Harry finished and he gave me a puzzled look. I never knew that he had a job, I just thought he sat around at home all day and did nothing.

"You have a job?!" I was so stunned with the new information and how I had never been told before.

"Yes, I work from home but I need to be near London for meetings and things like that. I write books, an author some would call me," Harry pulled his beanie further down on his head and he hugged his arms, "You know, if you didn't look so cute in my jacket I would have taken it off you by now. Its bloody freezing!"

"What type of books do you write?" I walked beside him, staring up intently into his beautiful eyes. I was intrigued by this new discovery, I had never imagined in a million years that Harry wrote.

"I like writing SciFi books, ones that are filled with gore and plot twists. None of the romantic bullshit," he scoffed at the idea of romance and I pouted slightly at his cynical attitude towards love.

"So... Somewhere near London? Where could we go?" My geography wasn't great and I wasn't sure quite where London was in England, my lack of education was shining through.

"Oxford is a lovely place, a nice getaway," Harry mulled over the idea and I felt my cheeks flush with embarrassment because I didn't understand what he was talking about.

"I thought Oxford was a university," I said quietly, not wanting him to think that I was an idiot. He chuckled slightly but didn't mock me, something that I was glad of.

"No its a city, where the university you're thinking of is located. Oxford is beautiful, I've been a few times. Buildings rise from the morning mist, like prestigious statues in the centre of the thriving city with adventures at every corner," I saw Harry's eyes light up as he spoke, there was something about the way that he talked that made me want to hear him speak more. I loved the passion that he had.

"Carry on," I egged him on gently, wanting to see the excitement in the man.

"People cycle around, every possible space is occupied by a bike or two. Its the type of place where you can lost and not feel scared because everywhere is home. There are hidden libraries, art galleries, secret cafés serving some of the best food you'll ever eat. Its all so beautiful, you feel like you're living in a painting," I nodded along as he spoke, soaking up every word. The place sounded perfect.

But then again, as long as I was with Harry everything was perfect.

"Let's go then, it sounds like heaven," I smiled up at the man walking beside me with joy radiating off me. I couldn't remember feeling so happy; I was planning my life with this godlike man who I had only met a few weeks before, I should have felt apprehensive, worried. But it felt so right.

"We can stay with a friend I have there, his name is Zayn. He's an upcoming artist who records music on the side," it was like fate, we were destined to live there.

As we walked in silence again, I couldn't help picture the landscape he had described. Small streets with houses painted pastel pinks came to mind and I imagined walking down them to the background music of a nearby busker who was playing the accordion. In my imagination the sky was a clear blue, people basked in the rare warmth and sat on benches and walls eating ice cream and talking about intellectual things.

"What are you thinking about?" A voice broke me out of my thoughts and I looked up at Harry who had concern plastered over his face.

"Just the future," I whispered back, absorbing myself in my thoughts again. I loved living in the imaginary world I had concocted in my head, there were no worries in that place.

My imagination continued to run wild as I pictured Harry and I walking through a park, daffodils and daises were scattered amongst to tall blades of grass. In the distance I imagined the chants of the rugby team which was playing a match; the teenage boys ,raging with hormones, were running at each other and colliding with great force. I pictured that a river ran beside us and people glided past, punting on the murky water; I dreamed up a man which skillfully moved the large pole in and out of the water, each second I was afraid he would fall in.

My mind stopped whirring when I noticed that we were walking through a village, Harry still holding lazily onto my hand.

"That was some intense thinking you did there," he murmured jokingly and I giggled at his remark, still feeling like I was on Cloud Nine.

This was a filler chapter but I quite like it to be honest. So I hope that I did Oxford justice, it really is a beautiful city and you forget that when you're a resident until you try and describe it!

Please vote and give feedback if you enjoyed :)

:3