40

Chapter Forty

Lola's POV

I looked down at the floor as we walked back inside the courtroom and took shaky breaths- it would only be a few minutes before we found out Harry's fate. Taking my seat, I played with my fingers on my lap till Louis placed his hand over mine to stop me fidgeting. Embarrassed, I looked up and he smiled at me softly but I could tell that he was just as worried as I was.

Harry was standing in the podium beside the judge; when he noticed my presence, he grinned and I knew that whatever the outcome was of the trial, I would still love that adorable goof. Even if I only had to wait a few minutes to hug him again, or wait three years, I would always love him.

"The jury and I have discussed the case of Mr Styles," the judge's bellowing voice boomed through the space and I could feel the tension in the air; I looked back into the audience and wondered how many people were on Harry's side, how many were actually hoping that he would be released, "And there are many points to consider here."

I don't think I breathed as the powerful man spoke, I was too absorbed in what he was saying to do anything else.

"Mr Styles did violate the law by not handing Lola Evans back in to where she was bought, however without proof of Mr Styles ever being Lola's legal master, he can not be charged with this," relief flooded over me but I knew that the battle wasn't over yet.

"Objection!" The man on defense shouted but the judge simply rolled his eyes, tired of how long this case had been dragged out.

"Denied," I smiled at the judge when he replied to that idiot, I could tell that he hated the defense as much as I did, "To continue, Mr Styles has also been accused of abduction of a child. Miss Evans, I suppose I should call you Mrs Styles now, can please tell the jury the nature of your trip to Barcelona. What was the agreement like between you and Mr Styles?"

I saw our lawyer sigh, I knew he didn't want me to speak but it looked like my testimony would be able to save Harry so I stepped forward to where I was being directed to stand.

"It was a mutual decision, we both decided to leave the country and start afresh. I was in no way forced to go anywhere by Harry," I was looking directly out into the crowd and I met Bella's villainous gaze, but instead of fearing her I simply returned the same icy stare.

"Objection!" The greasy haired man shouted again and I had the urge to strangle the man by his own stupid tie.

"Sustained," the judge sighed again, obviously wanting to stop the man's incessant cries.

"How do we know that Mr Styles has not simply brainwashed this child? He has probably coached her all these lines! We can't take her word for it!" I narrowed my eyes at the man who was speaking, and gave him a look that could kill.

"Then take my word for it," a voice from the crowd replied and everyone was left in shocked silence as Brooklyn walked up to the front of the courtroom, "Harry and Lola are in love, anyone can see it. Even those that are bitter because of it. Whilst at my house, Harry never forced her to do anything. She always had a choice in what was going to happen to her, this man is innocent."

To hear those words come out of the mouth of someone who I had hurt with my actions, a person who I hadn't even thought about in all those months since I left Bella's house, was the most comforting thing I could have heard. I wanted to hug Brooklyn for being so kind, so forgiving but the judge spoke before I could.

"And you are?" I looked up to see the man in a white wig staring at Brooklyn in bewilderment.

"Bella's, Harry's ex wife, son. Harry's ex stepson. I was present when she was staying in my mother's house," the judge nodded and sent Brooklyn back to his chair where Bella scowled at him. I gave him a kind smile before returning to my chair, holding Louis' hand tightly as I waited with anticipation for the final verdict.

"Technically Mr Styles could be charged with the abdication of Lola Evans however given the circumstances of both marriage and mutual agreement between the pair I announce that Mr Styles is..." The judge coughed right before he said the word that I knew everyone wanted to hear. All around that room, everyone had a different word they wanted the judge to say. Some would want 'guilty' to slip out of the old man's lips, some would want 'innocent'.

"Innocent," I couldn't process what was happening as I was pulled up by Louis, but all I remember is being held by the person I had missed so much that it had caused me pain. I smelt his scent, I felt his lips kiss my hair and I clung onto him like a baby monkey. I had him back. I had my Harry back. And nothing could ever part us again.

"I've missed you so much," I whispered to him, tears streaming down my face as I looked up to see his angelic face, a face that I had pictured in my head for endless, sleepless nights.

"I've missed you more," he replied back, leaving small kisses all over my face which caused me to scrunch up my nose.

"Wanna bet?" I asked, winking at him playfully. He chuckled loudly but didn't answer and instead picked me up and spun me around.

I loved him.

He loved me.

We were inseparable.

THE END

So I suppose this is the end, the curtain with fall and I will be forced to leave this book. Writing this has been an amazing experience which I have loved extremely. I have got to know some amazing readers who have been so supportive and through this book I have made so many new friends.

To everyone who has read, commented and voted on this story- thank you. Thank you so much. Also if you have read this and not voted or comment yet, please comment 'Hello' on this chapter just so I know who has been reading because I want to get to know you all!

This story's back drop is something very dark and although this is fiction, some of the issues in this book are very real. Human trafficking and sex slaves are real issues in the world and I really didn't want to romanticise these issues.

The title 'My Master Hates Me' is one that has evolved as the story had progressed. I don't know if I have said before but this story originally had a very different plot- Harry was a jerk and Lola ended up with Brooklyn however I changed plans quite soon into writing. At the beginning of this story you are led to believe that it is Harry that hates her, but of course we all know now that Harry was never her master technically. So is the title referring to Bella? I'll let you decide on that one.

I'm going off on one now, this is quite a sentimental thing for me to end. Writing this has been a huge part of my life, something I am so glad I did. This was the first fanfic I've ever written on here (ok that is a slight lie, I did start writing one on a different account but that was months and months ago plus I deleted it)

So anyway, I'll leave you here. Thank you again for reading! Please check out the epilogue and character Q&A in the next few parts!

- Ella