34

Chapter Thirty- Four

The Next Day

Harry's POV

A light tapping on my shoulder woke me up from my sleep and I lazily opened my eyes, expecting to see Lola smiling at me with the morning sun bouncing off her hair. But instead I woke up to see an old, wrinkled man adorning a scowl on his face as he looked me up and down. I noticed a badge glinting in the early light and I put the pieces together- he was a policeman.

"Sir you are not allowed to sleep on this beach by law. I can tell you are also not from round here, would you like to tell me what your intentions for staying here are?" The man looker over at Lola who was still sleeping and I gulped loudly, my mouth was dry and my mind was too tired to think of an excuse, "Or would you like to tell me at the station?" I saw the policeman smirk before signalling over to another man; before I could process what was going on, handcuffs were placed on my wrists and Lola and I were being herded into a police car.

I saw fear in Lola's eyes, and I knew then that I had to be strong for her. The car ride was short and soon an ugly grey building came into view and my stomach began to churn from anticipation. I didn't know what would be the best thing to do- lie about our identity and intentions or tell the truth and hope that the man had some compassion.

***

I was sat on an uncomfortable chair as the stern faced police officer narrowed his eyes at me across the table, on one side of him was a recording device and on the other was a camera. A bead of sweat trickled down the side of my face and I wiped it away hastily.

"Name Sir," the policeman had an English accent, it made me wonder what he was doing in Spain but I didn't question it.

"Harry Styles," it slipped out my mouth before I even had the chance to think of a fake identity, I knew then that I would have to tell the truth.

"Full name Sir," I could hear the exasperation in the man's voice as he spoke, you could tell that he had already given up on his job.

"Harold Edward Styles," I replied back and I saw him pull out a laptop from under the desk and type something into it. I sat and waited while the man searched on his computer, playing with my hands in attempt to calm my nerves. Suddenly the man pushed his computer away and look at me with a devilish smile which signalled that he had found what he was looking for.

"Harold Edward Styles. Married to Bella Styles," I wanted to correct him but I didn't see it as the right time, "Lives in London. Author of some minor books. Accumulated a Hottix early on this year, whose name is Lola. Is that girl you were with Lola by any chance?"

My eyes darted around the room as I tried to think of an answer but I knew that the man had already won, there was no point fighting him. I hung my head low, knowing that my fight was over.

"You're here illegally, smuggling a Hottix out of the country so she won't be taken away. Romantic aren't you Styles? But not clever," I wanted to spit at the man but controlled my temper, not wanting to aggravate him, "You, Mr Styles, are in big trouble!"

Five Days Later

Harry's POV

The courtroom walls were a menacing white as picked at the threads in my suit as I waited, the judge was speaking amongst his advisors. Bella was sat in the audience, I knew that if I turned around to look at her she would be smirking, she enjoyed my suffering. Sweat saturated my hair and I anxiously looked at my lawyer who was bowing his head like he was saying a prayer.

"The jury has decided that Harold Styles will be charged with abduction of state property and will be sentenced to three years in prison," the world fell down at his words and I felt my whole body collapse down to the floor. The room went black as my eyes closed, unable to stay open for long enough to fully accept my fate.

My last thoughts were of Lola, what would happen to her? Where would she go? And then my mind shut off, almost like a coping mechanism, and I let myself be taken to my cell.

Later that Day

Lola's POV

"You'll like at the youth hostel, there are loads of Hottixs there already so you'll fit right in," the lady that was driving the car tried her hardest to make conversation with me but I just looked out the window at the countryside while tears streamed down my face.

I kept replaying the judge's words in my head, they become more ominous the more they echoed in my mind. Three years, three years away from Harry. I knew I wouldn't be able to survive without him, I would die of a broken heart if nothing else.

"That man has brainwashed you, don't worry dear you are safe now," I glared at the woman as she spoke. She knew nothing! Harry protected me, he kept me out of harm's way- didn't he? Don't let them get to you, I thought to myself, don't begin to question things.

***

The dull building came into view and I saw some girls smoking outside of it, chatting with some boys. I immediately felt self conscious and intimidated by these new people, especially the males. All my life I had been kept away from boys and men, with the exception of a few occasions.

"Come out the car Lola," the lady knocked on my car window and with much regret I stepped out, feeling six pairs of eyes fall on me.

Keeping my head down, I walked inside, breathing in the strong smell of tobacco,and was greeted by a tsunami of noise.

"Your room is no.123, its on the top floor," I took the key and began to take heavy steps up the stairs, passing a few teenagers in my travel. Finally I reached the top floor and slowly unlocked the door, preparing myself for the worst.

The room was bare, no decoration to be seen except for one lamp that stood in the corner of the room. The mattress on the bed was thin and I had explored the whole room in under five minutes. Sitting down on the bed, I could feel the springs underneath me and I let out an exasperated sigh.

"I miss you Harry," I whispered into the stale air that smelt of mold and detergent, a small tear slid out of my eye and trickled down my cheek. I felt empty inside, almost as if I had lost my purpose in life.

I told you to get ready for the bumpy ride, this was a sad chapter to write because the pair of lovers have officially been split... And now one of them is in prison and the other one is miles away :(

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed :)

:3