27

Chapter Twenty- Seven

The Next Day

Harry's POV

My arms were draped around Lola's shoulders when I woke up and I watched the sweet angel sleep for a few seconds before getting out of bed. It had been bliss for the past couple days, just being able to spend time with Lola and get to know her. Suddenly I wasn't her master and she wasn't my slave. We were just Harry and Lola, and there was something very magical about that.

I was just about to make myself some tea when the doorbell rang, slowly I went to go and answer it. The person behind the door persistently pressed the doorbell, which aggravated me seeing as it was still early in the morning. Swinging the door open to see who the rude guest was, I felt my breath being knocked away as I saw who was standing in front of me.

"Umm Rachel, wasn't it?" I said wearily, looking at one of the servants from Bella's house. I had seen the red haired girl around the house before, usually carrying laundry or dirty dishes.

"Rosie Sir," she looked down at the floor as if reevaluating what she was doing, I couldn't understand why she was standing on the doorstep, "Sir I have to tell you something very important."

I looked down at the girl with furrowed eyebrows, as if willing for her to carry on. She took the hint and began to speak again in her meek and mild voice, "I was just about to clean the living room Sir when I heard two voices inside. Usually I would have left, but this time I remained to hear what was being said. It was Brooklyn and Bella..."

"Well what were they saying?" I asked her impatiently, I was beginning to get cold from standing outside.

"They're going to kidnap Lola," the girl looked up at me with scared eyes and I felt as if the world was moving in slow motion. It couldn't be true.

"That can't be! They can't do that! Why would they do that?!" I felt myself fall to the floor and I placed my head in my hands, running my fingers through my hair in an attempt to calm my racing mind.

"Apparently Brooklyn wasn't allowed to see her when he came here, he was in hysterics the poor boy. Bella suggested that they take the girl, so she would be reunited with Brooklyn. I suggest you leave today, I'm not sure when they were planning to take her," the girl patted my back gently, probably not sure of what to do.

"Thank you for telling me Rosie, I am truly grateful," I looked up at the girl with teary eyes, she had a lot of bravery to go against Bella. If Bella found out that the girl had told me, Rosie would be thrown out onto the streets in a matter of minutes.

"It was for Lola's sake, my sister was her maid. My sister used to say how lovely Lola was," nodding the girl ran off, back to Bella's house which left me to properly process what I had just been told.

Running to our bedroom, I noticed that Lola wasn't sleeping in the bed- in fact she was no where to be seen.

"LOLA!" I shouted in panic, worried that Bella had already taken my sweet Lola but before I could get more worked up Lola poked her head out of the bathroom with a smile on her face.

"What's wrong?" She asked, walking out of the bathroom with a frown on her face. I didn't know how to tell her in a way that wouldn't scare her.

"Bella is trying to kidnap you. We need to leave," I watched as Lola's face turned from confusion to fear. As she stood frozen in her spot, I began to pack our bags up quickly; knowing that the quicker we left the house, the better.

***

"You sure you're going to be alright mate?" Louis asked us as we stood by my car, we were all saying our goodbyes. I wasn't sure how long it would be before I could safely see Louis again at his house without the impending threat of Bella.

"We are going to take shelter at Liam's, that's quite far away from her," I hugged my friend tightly before getting into my car and waiting for Lola to join me. I felt a pang of jealousy when Louis hugged Lola and placed a kiss on her forehead but I decided that there were bigger things to worry about.

When Lola had sat down, I squeezed her knee reassuringly despite the fact that my stomach was churning. I kept expecting Bella to pop out at any moment and stuff Lola in a bag. Shuddering, I started the car's engine up and began to drive in the direction of Liam's house.

Switching on the radio, I hoped that Lola would calm down, I hated seeing her look so frightened. Slowly she let her eyes close and sleep took her over; I smiled as I kept one eye on the road and one on her, she looked so beautiful when she was sleeping.

***

Finally, I drove into Liam's driveway and hoped that our presence wouldn't be too abrupt and uninvited. I hadn't called ahead, hoping that Liam would just accept us with open arms and without questioning. I prayed that his wife would not be in the house, I knew that she would never let us stay. She hated me with every part of her body.

Knocking on the door gently, I kept looking at Lola to make sure that she was alright; I couldn't help notice that she was holding onto my arm a little too tightly and she kept rubbing her eyes. My attention turned away from Lola as the door opened and my worst nightmare appeared. Liam's wife.

"Hello Harry," I could hear the bitterness in her voice. I never knew why she had such a dislike for me, I think it was because I brought Liam home one night where he had broken his foot and she blamed it on me.

"Please, Sophia, you've got to let us in. We are having an emergency," I pleaded her, and I was very close to getting down on my hands and knees when she placed a hand in front of my face.

"Go and find someone else to bother Harry, you can't come in. I'm not having someone like you and your slut in my house," I watched her as she rolled her eyes at Lola and I placed my arm in front of Lola protectively.

"I don't want to be around someone like you anyway," I spat at the woman before dragging Lola back to the car, anger radiating off me like heat waves. Hitting the steering wheel, I cursed myself for being so impulsive and not trying to sweet talk Sophia a bit more- she was our last hope.

"Let's just drive around," I muttered to Lola who was sat in her seat silently, looking ahead blankly. Starting up the engine, I pulled away from our only saviour.

The houses soon turned into trees and we found ourselves driving round the countryside again, passing only a few cars in the process. I noticed there was a flashing light and I began to whisper incoherent swear words- I was out of petrol.

"We'll have to pull over here," I told Lola and I pointed towards a field that was next to the road. The car coughed its way onto the grass before slowly dying; I got out the car and looked around at where we were. I couldn't see any people, let alone houses.

Looking back at Lola who had got out of the car cautiously, I knew that we had two options. Start walking in hopes of finding a nearby village and risk walking down a road in the ever growing darkness or spend the night in the car and wait till morning.

"I think we should sleep here tonight and then try and find help tomorrow," I mumbled to Lola who was now standing next to me, shivering slightly as the harsh wind hit her.

"Its a beautiful place," she whispered to me, it was the first time she had talked in hours and I smiled down at her before admiring the scenery with her.

Rolling green hills surrounded us, the grass beneath our feet was covered in a thin layer of frost which crunched under our footsteps. The sky was an amber colour, not a cloud to be seen and the sun was slowly setting.

"Let's go back to the car," I said when I noticed how much Lola was shaking from the cold.

So Harry and Lola are stuck in the middle of nowhere after finding out about Bella's plan? Where will they go next? What will happen to the pair? We'll have to wait and see...

Please vote if you enjoyed and give some feedback :)

:3