35

Chapter Thirty- Five

Three weeks Later

Harry's POV

The cell walls were a blinding white, the kind of clinical colour which I despised of and did not improve my mood in any way. My roommate was laying asleep in his bed, snoring softly as he filled his time- there was nothing to do in prison except sleep, think or watch the hours tick by. My roommate was in for selling drugs, he was a strong man with bulging biceps and an assortment of tattoos from the many gangs he had been in. But deep down, the man was nice and had a particular fondness for classical music which he liked to talk about in the early hours of the morning.

Every second, every minute seemed to be consumed with thoughts of Lola- where was she? Nobody had the decency to give me any information about her which had led me to think the worse, she was miles away starting her new life while mine was on pause. Time seemed to stop behind the cold metal bars, and living itself became a chore. It had only been three weeks yet it felt like a lifetime.

"Get up Styles, you have a visitor," the warden shot me a cunning smile which indicated that he knew something I didn't. There was a part of me that believed that Lola had found a way of seeing me but the realist inside told me that it would just be one of my friends. My mother maybe.

The handcuffs behind my back chafed as I was paraded down the corridors; I could feel the many eyes staring at me from their cells but I chose to look forward and hold my head up with dignity. I didn't deserve to be in prison, and I would stand by that philosophy till the day I was finally released. The waiting room came in sight and I saw prisoners being taken out, some had tears forming in the corners of their eyes and I felt some pity for them. Some but not a lot.

Walking inside the room that was a void of noise, I looked for a familiar face. My hopeful mood vanished as I saw Bella waving at me, her painted red lips curled into a cruel smirk. I wanted to ask to go back to my cell, not wanting to the witch again but I chose to hear her words just out of the little politeness I held as a person.

"Hello," I muttered to her bitterly as I sat down, the handcuffs were removed and I rubbed my wrists.

"So here you are, I always knew you'd end up behind bars for something or other but not for abducting an innocent little girl. What a monster!" I could hear the tone of her voice and it made me ball my fists but I regained my composure and met Bella's evil glare.

"You and I both know that it wasn't an abduction, she willingly came with me!" My voice became raised as the blood boiled in my veins and I noticed the room stop to stare at our scene.

"She loved Brooklyn but you took her away from that, you brain washed her into thinking that she loved someone like you," her upper lip was curled into a snarl and I balled my hands into fists, only just managing to control my anger.

"You and I know that it was no abduction. I know you don't know much about love Bella but even you could see that what Lola and Brooklyn had was little more than a friendship," it was my turn to prove her wrong and I saw her struggle to think of a comeback to my point. I sat back, enjoying the show greatly.

"You got what you deserved Styles, that all I came here to say. You got what you fucking deserved!" She shrieked like a banshee before standing up abruptly and walking out of the room, leaving me laughing in my seat. She was the most irrational woman I had ever met.

Walking back to my cell I couldn't help but wish that it had been Lola that had come and visited me, not my ex-wife who had an uncontrollable temper.

"Who was your guest?" My roommate asked as I entered the cell, he had woken from his sleep and was doing push ups on the floor, only increasing the size of his throbbing arm muscles. He was close to looking like the hulk, the veins in his arms almost looked like they were trying to escape.

"My ex- wife," I mumbled, sitting back down on my bed and looking up at the bland ceiling, whispering various profanities under my breath.

"Ah the dreaded snake who comes back to bite you in the ass. What did she do? Rub it in your face that you're in jail?" I nodded at his correct assumption and he continued to do push ups on the floor while I closed my eyes, thinking about Lola. Her face, her body, her small hands that fitted so perfectly in mine, her long hair. She was perfection.

It was crazy to think that only a few weeks before we had been living the dream, we were practically alone all the time at Louis' house and were free to do whatever we liked. We could be ourselves. But since life became a massive game of hide and seek, that dream life faded until it disappeared all together into sadness. It hurt me to be apart from her but what caused me the most pain was that by the time I came out of prison she would have moved on. To some guy who could treat her right.

I hated thinking about Lola with any other guy, but I knew it was inevitable. I was confined to my room and she was left to fend for herself in the world. We were a hopeless cause.

So Bella is even more bitchy- wow I didn't think that was possible! This was sad to write, poor Harry and Lola :(

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed :)

:3