Epilogue

Two years later

Lola's POV

"Harry stop eating the canapés, you'll spoil your main course," I moaned as the curly haired man next to me stuffed another pastry into his mouth, looking at me guiltily which caused me to laugh because he looked so funny.

"Well maybe if they made the food bigger, I wouldn't have to eat as many," he raised an eyebrow at me and I hit his arm playfully, admiring how good he looked in a black tux.

The clinking of a glass caught my attention, and my focus was directed to the front of the large hall where Brooklyn was standing in his beautiful white suit.

"The speeches!" He cheered out loud and everyone laughed, he was no longer a teenager and instead he was a young man. His gorgeous bride was sat next to him, looking up at him adoringly; I was happy that he had found love, proper love.

"I still think he's too young for this," Harry grumbled as if he was still Brooklyn's stepfather but I ignored his comment and instead listened to the lovely speeches made by the young couple's family members. Even Bella said a slurred word or two, holding her wine glass high in the air with pride.

Soon we were all crowded round the dance floor, watching as Brooklyn and his wife swayed slowly to the gentle melodies being played and quickly everyone began to drag their partners into the space.

Harry placed his hands on my waist and looked into my eyes intensely, taking control of the dance; he looked so unbelievably handsome that I almost felt like the teenager who got to take the hottest guy to prom. I saw the ladies look at Harry with lust clear in their eyes, but I trusted him.

"We never had a wedding," I muttered into Harry's ear and he chuckled, the sound still making my heart flutter. Even after all that time, he gave me butterflies.

"I guess we never did, I suppose we are married technically," he moved a piece of hair behind my ear, his hand grazing over my cheek in the process.

"Maybe we can do a late wedding," I mulled over the idea as the song came to an end and everyone got ready for the DJ to play the party tracks, I was so ready to show of my best moves.

"A very late wedding!" He kissed my nose before letting go of my waist, I moaned slightly at the absence of his touch and he smirked at me. He knew what he did to me, one kiss from him had me weak at the knees.

Taking my hand again, he led me away from the mass of people and out into the impressive garden of the venue; the sun was just beginning to set and the last rays of sun bounced off the gleaming water of the lake. The thumping beat of the music from inside could be felt even in the garden but we chose to ignore it and focus on our beautiful surroundings.

"Lola, can I ask you something?" I looked back at Harry, with confusion clear on my face, and nodded. He looked serious, which was complete change in character to the cheeky way he had been acting all day.

"Will you go swimming with me?" He laughed at his own so-called 'joke' and I simply rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour. He had got me really worried!

Without answering I pulled off my dress and I saw Harry smirk at me before unzipping his trousers and throwing the material to the side. I walked over to him slowly and undid the buttons of his shirt; his breathing became heavier and it was my turn to smirk at him.

"Did you know you're the most beautiful, perfect girl in the world?" He asked and I grinned at his comment, I had found myself a true gentleman. One who cared for me, loved me and laughed with me.

"Did you know that you have a massive boner?" I replied back cheekily with a wink before running towards the lake, laughing hysterically. Harry soon followed, shouting something about how immature I was.

The cold water was a shock to my body and I immediately began to shiver, goosebumps covering my body- suddenly swimming wasn't such a good idea. A pair of cold arms wrapped around me from behind and I turned around to see Harry looking both extremely attractive and adorable. His long hair was dripping wet and stuck to his head; I could see he was cold as well by the way his lips were becoming rapidly bluer.

"This wasn't a good idea," he said through chattering teeth and I nodded before laughing again. It seemed like I was always laughing or smiling with Harry, he was such a positive part of my life. He scared the nightmares away, he fought off my demons and filled my days with light and happiness.

***

We made it back to our hotel room, only after receiving a death glare from the receptionist when we walked in dripping water all over the carpet. Harry closed the door before pushing me up against it, letting his large hands roam over my body before kissing me passionately. The electricity we had between us had not died but instead got stronger.

"I love you," he whispered, looking into my eyes with his wide, emerald ones. He told me that everyday and yet each time I still felt like the luckiest girl alive.

"I love you," I replied, kissing his forehead before stroking his cheek softly. Despite all the obstacles that had been presented to us, we fell more in love with each other every day.

64 years later

Harry's POV

"How did you meet grandma?" Little Tommy was sat on the floor in front of my chair, looking up with his wide, innocent eyes. Despite being our fifteenth grandchild, I still felt hugely blessed to have him there.

"Its a long story Tommy,"I sighed, thinking back to those crazy first few months fondly.

"Well tell me then," he had my stubbornness that was for sure, and I chuckled loudly at his impatience. We both turned around as the door opened and Lola walked in, looking as beautiful as she ever did. She rocked her grey hair, and the wrinkles on face did nothing but make me love her more. She would always be gorgeous, she would always be the most beautiful woman in the world.

"What's Tommy asking?" She asked, smiling at the pair of us. I swear, even after all those years, I still fell in love with her more every day.

"How we met?" I replied back and looked down at our adorable grandson who had just turned seven. Lola giggled before placing one of her small hands on my shoulder.

"Well let's just say it all started out when my master hated me," I saw Tommy look at us weirdly, as if he had no idea what we were saying, "And your grandfather was very rude to me, but he made it up to me later on in life..."

"Mum, Dad!" Our daughter, Katy, ran into the room and ushered Tommy out before facing us with a hand on her hip,"What did I say about telling Tommy all your weird slave stuff? What happens when he asks what grandma was doing as a slave? I'm still trying to teach him not to run in front of cars, he doesn't need to know the facts of life yet!"

I suppressed the urge to laugh at our daughter's anger and cleared my throat before replying the only way I knew how- humour, "Well he's got to learn the birds and bees somehow."

Winking at Lola, Katy stormed off and slowly I got up from my chair, my knees clicking slightly. Walking over to Lola, I pushed a strand of hair behind her ear before kissing her softly on his lips. Despite growing old together, we still had our young love.