19

Chapter Nineteen

Harry's POV

The lady in front of me walked ahead as I tried to process what was happening; I had just met THE mother of the girl that I was trying to get over. I decided to leave that part out, to not tell this stranger about my deep feelings. We went back inside the building and ended up inside a nicely decorated office; slowly she sat down behind her desk and took a sip from the coffee mug that was resting on her table.

"If you don't mind me asking, why are you here? At a brothel?" I said before taking a seat on the leather chair that was presented to me.

"I own this place... Along with my husband of course," she winked at me but all I could do was meekly smile back and nod.

"You own this place? My friend said it was a new thing- did you just buy it?" I asked hesitantly, not sure why I was asking a complete stranger personal questions.

She cackled loudly before taking another sip from the coffee mug (which I was sure didn't contain coffee), "Yep we opened just recently although you wouldn't have known seeing the number of regulars we have already. We're not new to this business my good friend, no this is just the first time we've had a building to work in!"

She looked at me like I was supposed to laugh but all I could feel was confusion. It was like we had some kind of inside joke despite only meeting a few minutes before.

"She really has told you nothing about me..." Her voice trailed off sadly as she looked down at the ground, I knew she was talking about Lola, "I'm not surprised really, she hasn't seen me in years. She wasn't allowed to. All she knows of her father and I is the negative stuff."

"Negative stuff?" I asked slowly, not knowing what I would be told. Ideas ran through my head at the speed of light but they all stopped when the woman in front of me opened her lips again.

"We ran a Hottix business, believe it or not. Ironic really. We had some of the best girls around, for great prices, and we toured round the country with them. We went to different auctions everyday, selling to thousands of people. But when Lola was around four everything crumbled, we lost our permit to sell. We lost our girls. We lost our money," I was now listening to every word she said with all my concentration.

"Why did you loose your permit?" I whispered, my whole brain was consumed by the want to know more.

"One of our Hottixs was 'faulty'. Turns out she had gained an STD. How? I don't know. But we had sold her for a lot, and I mean a lot. He wanted us to give him double what he paid for her, as compensation. We didn't have enough money and therefore he sued us. Selling a Hottix with an STD is enough to get your permit removed," she sniffed loudly at the end of her saga and I sat back in my chair.

"How come you opened this place then?" I don't know why I was so intrigued in the woman's life, maybe I just liked looking at her eyes because they were almost an exact copy of Lola's.

"Lola. We got half the money her buyer paid for her. So we opened this place to earn some money and it seems to be working out fine," she looked at me in the eye again, except her eyes were more watery than they had been before, "Please let me see her Sir. I haven't seen her since she was a little girl."

"Of course I will let you see her," I breathed out before I could even think about what arguments it would cause with Bella. I knew she would ask me what I was doing in a brothel, why I had believed some random lady who claimed to be the mother of Lola.

I showed her to where my car was parked and opened the door for her, hoping to make a good impression; I felt nervous inside, like when you meet your partner's parents for the first time except my situation was different. I was meeting the mother of the girl that I loved, but her daughter didn't love me back. I didn't know how to describe that to this woman I had just met, so instead I just told her simple explanation to how I knew her daughter- I was Lola's master.