Dinner Part 4

I rushed home as fast as my long legs could get me making mental notes along the way that I'd better call the landlady maybe I'll even finally be able to use that huge fuck you I'd been building up for her. I didn't have much to pack clothes, a few books James said I wouldn't need any bedding which was good because mine was second hand from a thrift store and probably infectious I couldn't possibly forget my camera oh and bluebell of course . Damn I had more than I thought

I made the decision to stop by The Coffee Tree on my way back to pick up a few boxes to put my things in and to make sure Jase hadn't burned the place down while I was gone just as I reached to open the door it flew at me almost flooring me for the second time today I was livid "HEY WHAT THE FUCK MAN!" I roared having lost my good mood the smile on the large guys face only grew "Heyyy pretty lady, how are ya?" Of course it had to be that flirty guy.

"I was almost knocked to the ground that's how I am!" I got to my feet dusting down my dress .

"oh honey don't fall at my feet" he laughed until he seen I was genuinely angry "whoa hey I'm sorry I honestly didn't mean to" all I could do was huff at him but his brown puppy eyes where so difficult to be angry at damn did he look good though it's not like he was well dressed but the way his hat tamed his scruffy hair and his stubble outlined his jaw phew. "Its fine, Brian isn't it?"

His face lit up when he seen I had remembered his name "that's me, whatcha up to anyway?"

"Just getting some boxes, I'm in kind of a rush so I'd better go"

"Boxes why? Are you going home, leaving us already?" I rolled my eyes at this guy seriously he had known me about 10 minutes "No Brian this is my home now I'm just moving to a different apartment but like I said in a rush gotta go" I ran into the shop before he could even attempt to continue the shameless amount of flirting he was doing. Thank fully Jason was coping well and even offered to cover half of my shift the next day so I could get settled I kissed him on the cheek as I grabbed the boxes telling him he was a "wee dote" which he would of found out later had he googled it was a " little darling"

I arrived later that night at the new apartment letting myself in with the key James had given me couldn't of felt better my room was immaculate the bed had been made for me and James had left a beautiful bunch of blue tulips by my bed I felt like I was in a hotel room it seemed like some sort of dream. I unpacked what little items I did have as I wracked my mind trying to think what I would use all this new gotten space.

James arrived shortly after 6 with some take out as we got cosy on opposite sofas and got to know each other a little better from what I gathered he was 38 born and bred in Staten island he was a Taurus and his friends called him Murr. "So what's your story?" he asked me as he threw a can of coke toward me , catching it in one hand I just shrugged at him "Nothing much to tell raised in Ireland on the coast, studied my diploma in Liverpool, England then got my ticket here as soon as I got the chance"

"There must be more to it than that" he quizzed I pulled my knees up to my chest and pulled the long sleeves of my hoodie down over my hands I felt safe this way "sorry Murr that's all there is to tell" things became quiet after that not quite knowing what to say to each other I decided to clean up the mess from the take out we had while Murr went off for a shower I gazed out the window at the beautiful sunset through the neighbouring buildings and my thoughts drifted to home and how the warm sun looked as it set behind the peak of Muckish mountain. I was brought back to earth from my thoughts as I heard Murr exit the shower he emerged shortly after from his room

I wiped my eyes quickly but I think he still saw me if he did he never said anything only asking did I want to watch a film before bed. We settled for a comedy and squealed with laughter the whole way through he had a great laugh so warm and contagious as I slid under my fresh warm sheets that night I felt safe for the first time since I arrived in the city.