Slán go Fóill (Goodbye for now) Part 36

Hushed voices all around me when I woke Grace, Dr Pierce and that was definitely Fallons sniffle when she cried.

"We still don't know the extent of the damage" Dr Pierce told her "She may not pull through"

"Maybe he's right Fal, we can't keep her trapped by machines like this, it's not her." Apollo consoled my Sister

Fallon didn't speak though I could still feel her grip my hand oh how I wanted to squeeze her back tell her it was okay to let go, the only light I had had gone out he was half way across the world hating me.

"I'm not letting you do it" a new voice enters the conversation at first I think I've just made it up in my head it's only when he gets a reply from Fallon I realise its real

"I'm Sorry Brian it's not your decision to make, as a non-blood relative or spouse you have no legal say in my sister's end."

"Maggie should have been my wife and if you lot hadn't of forced her back home she could have been." Brian shouts at my sister my heart is breaking to hear his voice again cracked and broken, I was so convinced I would die without hearing him again, I strain above the static to listen.

Apollo steps in to defend my sister "HEY you watch your mouth nobody forced SPARROW back home she came back and wanted to stay back here at home with her family"

"New York was her home fella! She loved it there and we loved having her there!" Brians voice is an anguished bark as he roars at my brother Apollos not backing down though he can bite back just as bad

"Well from what I heard she turned your proposal down before she even knew she was coming home!"

Brian takes in a gasp I hear him stand as the plastic chair slides across the floor Fallon is screaming as my brother and best friend reach for each other. I just want the shouting to end I hate myself for being the cause of all this negativity I think about drifting away into the darkness and dying right then and there just to make all the pain I'm causing them end, Until I hear a shout from the corner of the room.

"FOR FUCK SAKE" that's definitely Liam's voice who the hell else is in the room, obviously not Sal I think as McAllister tries to calm the men "Do yous think any of this is helping her! Brian whatever you might think this is Sparrows original home she did grow up here with people that loved her too and Fals right legally you have no say in what should happen but Fallon you should understand Quinn cares about her so deeply and is obviously finding this difficult as we all are" I lay stunned never in my short 23 years of living had I expected Liam to be the voice of reason in anything.

Fallon was quiet, Brian was quiet I was silently cheering Liam in my head for setting them both straight I lay wondering what that meant for me I couldn't really tell how I felt about the fact they were willing to pull the plug on me of course I wanted to see my family again and be with them but I just didn't have any spirit as Grace had said it I really didn't have any fight left in me.

Fallon finally spoke her voice cracked "We need him in to say goodbye then wont we?"

Him as in Loki? They weren't seriously going to bring Loki and Bartleby into the hospital where they?

"You know he won't come" Apollo told her "seeing her in this way would break him" that's my Loki I thought poor puppy must miss me.

My elder siblings left to go find Dr Pierce. As Grace stood beside me "Oh you poor little Flightless bird you'll be with your Mama soon If only you could just hold on, you need to find the light."

I wish I could tell her I have no light there is nothing to make me hold on it was just about time to give up.

"Are you coming Brian dear?" I hear Grace ask as she tiptoes towards the door