Additional Part 38

Okay guys that is Saviour wow thank you so much for reading it has been some journey I have loved every minute I typed and every second I spent reading your reviews and watching the reader numbers go up and up each day. As I promised a few days back here are a few facts and trivia about the writing of Saviour if you wanna stick around to read them there is an announcement regarding sequels and also the soundtrack at the end of every song I used or songs I listened too while writing the chapter to help get the feel of it. Also please feel free to give a little review or comment and tell me what you thought of the ending or even the whole thing. Ta Ta for now.

P.S for updates on future sequels and more IJ content follow me on twitter @sofiaofwesteros 

Potential spoilers ahead!!!

1. So Saviour was started on the 4th of September and finished on the 18th of October I wrote almost every day sometimes one or two chapters in a day.

2. The first chapter I wrote was Maggie's coma it was very different to the final draft that it is now but the outline was the same.

3. Originally in the first draft of the coma was Maggie realising she was in love with Sal after a whole cat and mouse chase through the story of them both having feelings but not confessing them.

4. Another draft had Sal visiting her the night of Joes wedding and confessing his love for her after Q had taken her to the wedding but cheated on her but the reviews were so positive for Maggie and Q to stay together it was ultimately changed.

5. Sheephaven (or the Irish Translation of Cuan na gCaorach )is a real place in Donegal, North West of Ireland although it's not a village it's a stunningly beautiful coastal area called Sheephaven bay. In my mind I based Sheephaven on two villages in the real life Sheephaven bay called Dunfanaghy and the downing's and also the village of Marble Hill mentioned in one chapter is actually a beach. If you had your own vision of what it looked like that's great but if you would like to see what I seen when I pictured it feel free to look the villages up on google including Sheephaven bay they will honestly take your breath away.

6. The cathedral town of Letterkenny is a real place it's a gateway from Northern Ireland into Donegal.

7. The Irish characters originally had very different names Apollo was Breeze, Liam was Caomhan but I felt nobody would be able to pronounce it its KEY-VAN if you're wondering. Maggie/Sparrows name was changed the most with Ophelia,Jupiter,Harmony and Nova all suggested at one point.

8. Apart from The Tenderloins whose full names I already knew along with Bessie Gatto, Andy the dick and Sam's daughter Cassidy every other character in the book was given a middle and last name and an age though not all are mentioned.

9. I value each and every one of my readers and am so honoured to have you read my story but I need to say a super special thank you to Zidjian459 who was with me from the first day I published chapter one and who became my loyal reviewer and advisor for the whole experience, Thank you friend.

10. Also 2 special thank yous too Music_boxx and Emma for being so kind in their reviews and giving me motivation to keep writing.

11. In another version Sparrow/Maggie was killed off completely but I felt that was way too horrible.

12. Over the last month and few weeks the amount of hours I spent writing the story each day adds up to about 11 full days.

13. I accidentally smashed my USB pen just after chapter 29 was published (I honestly cried for about 3 hours) but luckily hadn't written much past that chapter anyway and had to re-write anything I lost.

14. I filled 3 notebooks with key words, full character descriptions, chapter plans and ideas for sequels/prequels

15. I would start my chapter plans with just a bunch of key words of topics I wanted to include just listing them down a page and starting from there the very first plan for the whole story went like this- coffee, New York, Regular customers – friendship = possible romance? Apartment, hanging out, phone call, mother sick/dying, home, trouble, argument, accident, coma, confession, awake, ending.

16. As of now I have a few more stories in the Maggie/IJ universe planned which are

An impractical Christmas – Maggie returns to New York for the holidays, Things have changed Quinn's got a new girlfriend and Maggie feels pushed out of the picture 

Runaway - while on tour Sal gets bored and craves some sort of adventure, taking an uptight hotel receptionist he just met along for the ride.

There's also some ideas floating about with how Maggie and Quinn coped raising baby Salvatore which I will finish and publish if anyone really wants to read them let me know.

All 3 and maybe more should be coming your way shortly.

17. Total word count = 63,542 words and 190 pages wow.

Soundtrack

Chapter 6 The Mamas and The Papas – California Dreaming

Scott McKenzie - San Francisco

Chapter 12 Norah Jones – come away with me

Chapter 19 Elton John – Tiny Dancer

Chapter 25 Eagles – Desperado

Chapter 29 Pocahontas – Just around the river bend

All I want – Kodaline and also covered by Ellie Goulding

Chapter 33 Scars – James Bay

She talks to angels – The Black Crowes

Chapter 36 Freebird Child – Tammy Van Zant ( I'm honestly not a fan of the way she sings but I felt the lyrics fit so well I couldn't leave it out)

Chapter 37 rewrote version of Mary Lambert – Dear love

Others that I listened too but didn't include

Ellie Goulding- Dead in the water (Sparrows coma)

Twin Atlantic – Brothers and Sisters (Sparrow reuniting with her family)

Skylar Grey – Coming home (sparrows return to Sheephaven)

Bon Iver – I can't make you love me. (Sals lullaby to Maggie)

Twin Atlantic – Hold on

Peter Gabriel – The book of love (just thought it was pretty)