Four months and a phone call Part 14

Four months later

A soft purr entered my head and roused me from my sleep a wet nose and whiskers pressed against my face as I opened my eyes and seen nothing but black fluff "Good morning Benjamin" I cooed sliding the sleepy cat off my face Chessie lay at my feet and Brooklyn on the dent Brian had left on his pillow. I smiled to myself as I thought about how quietly he was getting up in the morning so he didn't wake me.

Things had been going pretty well we took it very slow for around a month or so after the wedding Joe came back from the Canaries and everything went back to normal.

We didn't get to see Joe as much as he was now a married man and Bessy had recently announced she was expecting. We were over joyed of course and sometimes plans where abandoned for James to take Lynda out on date nights but we got together when we could and shared pizza nights or dinner parties.

Apart from Sal knowing, Q and I kept our reunion quiet from the guys for a while they knew we had made up and became friends but we were always stealing kisses when nobody was looking. We did come clean eventually and after a ton of teasing from Joe things settled and became normal we didn't hold hands or kiss while the guys were around we just weren't that type of couple and we both liked it that way don't get me wrong I was crazy about Quinn but being relaxed was our style.

Sal still wasn't dating anyone I tried to encourage him but he said he was fine being by himself. I think it was starting to take a toll on him He didn't come over to hang out as much anymore I seem him a good bit but he hadn't had lunch in a long while because of date days with Brian always getting in the way. I should probably give him a call soon I thought to myself as I lay stroking Benjamin.

The guys had just returned from a two week tour and I had missed them like crazy I still hadn't seen Sal, Joe or even Murr yet as they had gone straight to filming this morning. I had been waiting with a takeout and a few episodes of Game of Thrones when Q returned exhausted last night "seriously baby I don't want no huge fancy dinner I want just you and you're cute little self to be waiting at the apartment with my 3 babies and we will have a night in together" he had pleaded down the phone a few hours before he got back and that's just what we did.

I rose from my bed and gave the three boys a feed before packing my bag and heading back to Murrs to get my work uniform. I still lived with James although Q sometimes mentioned moving in together I just laughed it off I was perfectly happy where I was.

I arrived at work much to the delight of Sam the shop was packed out with the usual people picking up orders for work but there was also a lot of stressed parents coming in for a release after buying all the stuff to send the kids back to school it was a busy time. I got stuck straight into taking orders by the time my lunch break flew by I felt like I had worked 3 straight days without a rest I had said "Hi what can I get you?" that many times the words didn't even make sense anymore.

Sam stood behind me as I sat out the back of the shop drinking a smoothie and texting Brian "Hey Maggie I know you're dying to get home but could you stay a little while after work there's something we have to talk about" Sam was rarely serious about much but I could hear it in her voice I think she sensed panic when I looked up at her "Don't worry I'm not going to fire you we just need to have a chat"

I mopped the floor while Sam pulled the shutters she made us both a cup of tea before motioning me over to the table "I'm not gonna walk gently around this Maggie but I got a phone call last night"

"Okay..?" I was seriously confused what had this to do with me.

Sam sighed and took a breath "It was from Fallon" she noticed my eyes widen as I bit my lip "now don't freak out she..."