Sals Secret Part 28

After a while of goofing around we paddled our way over to a secluded area of the bay. The tide was out so the rocks were perfect for sitting on it was a reasonably sunny day the seagulls soared above our heads as I plunged out of the kayak, my hair moved through the water like a waving flag as I lay on my back kicking through the water.

Two arms reached for me pulling me out of the water I opened my eyes to see Brains cheeky grin smiling at me "Don't worry m'lady I'll save you" he yelled carrying me through the water and placing me on a flat rock "Q, what the hell" I giggled trying to struggle from his grasp "Don't speak" he placed a finger on my lips "Yep she needs mouth to mouth!" Q laughed before leaving over to kiss me his hands tangled in my wet hair as I allowed his tongue access to my mouth. It was a little restrictive kissing in a wetsuit but I was on a beach with the most gorgeous man I'd ever laid eyes on and it was perfect.

"We come on guys keep it clean" Apollo whined climbing down off the rocks where he had taken Murr and Joe to see the view from the hill top

"Brother Alert" I rolled my eyes at Brian as I sat up on the rocks, the guys beside me relaxing in the afternoon sun. Murr sat propped up on his elbows watching the clouds float by "You hear that fellas?"

"Hear what?" Joe asked

"Exactly nothing no traffic, no yelling just peace and quiet" Murr sighed happy at the tranquil state.

Q gave a snort "shut up Murr" he flicked water at his friend receiving a middle finger from James.

"I think he's right" I sat up addressing the guys "look how different this place is from where you all grew up the tallest thing here is the trees not buildings everything's green and you could walk on the road at night without having to fear for your life."

"Yeah it's cool I guess but I couldn't live here I'd miss the city too much" Q shrugged

"I could live here again" I mumbled I didn't think the guys heard me but I noticed their silence was just shock I looked around at the four stunned faces staring at me open mouthed.

"Do you mean it Sparrow? Apollos voice was a soft whisper as he looked at me his eyes were wide and full of delight.

I gave a shrug "I..I've been thinking about it, y'know" my face was burning red I was the centre of attention as these guys hung on to every word and I had to choose them carefully "Fallon wants to sell the house and the Gallery well she doesn't want too but she doesn't need them and I was thinking If I took them she wouldn't have to."

"Maggie..." James squeaked he didn't say anything else I don't think any of them quite knew what to say it had been such a good day before I dropped this huge bombshell on them.

"Well damn Irish" Joe was sitting gobsmacked "I'm happy for ya sure but.. damn"

I gave a sigh this was far too difficult, I ran my fingers through my hair part of me wished I hadn't opened my mouth "I know it's a big step guys but my family's here and I can finally let people see my photos its half way between what Arizona was offering and what New York already had"

"Except it's not half way is it Maggie?" Q mumbled he had let go of my hand and was just looking at me completely expressionless I could read it all in his eyes though "It's the whole way over here, away from all of us"

The guys gave a nod none of them would make eye contact with me apart from Apollo who couldn't hold his excitement "Do you really mean it though Sparrow? Would you come back to us?"

I shook my hand through my wet curls "Look guys I haven't made a decision but it is an option, I've been away from home too long , I thought I was done with Ireland completely but coming back and seeing how different it is now I'm older I do believe I could settle here and make a living selling my photographs I had a lot to think about last night when I was sitting with Sal so many huge ideas the house is far too big for me of course but it could become a guest house y'know like a mini hotel this place is swarming come tourist season and it would be a great way of keeping my mother's memory alive without having to let the house go."