Breakfast and Family Part 23

I woke early the next morning Q was laying on his stomach his messy hair covering his face I lay for a minute studying his face the light strings of grey through his hair and beard fuck he was gorgeous. I tucked my mini Benjamin cat under his arm kissed him on the cheek and gently climbed over him pulling on my pyjama shorts and hoodie and padded barefoot into the hall I could hear the shower running in the bathroom and Sal humming to himself. Joe and Murr were both still snoring away in the double room and Fallon was away for her Morning run with the dogs.

I switched on the kettle for coffee and poured myself some orange juice the light was streaming through the window there was morning dew settling I could barely see the beach below. The stone was cold on my feet as I walked out on the terrace to take in the new day's air I felt somehow different today for the first time I felt actually happy being back home. I only wished the circumstances had been better.

I took another deep breath of air and headed back into the kitchen where a sleepy Sal bumped about making himself a coffee "Morning Sunshine" I sang as I set my glass in the sink. Sal blinked at me with heavy eyes "Morning sweetie" he managed a smile

"You didn't sleep well? I asked rubbing his back

"Not great." he mumbled

"Drink your coffee and I'll make you some breakfast"

Within the hour the house was alive with the sound of sizzling breakfast. Sal had eventually woken up a little and helped me cook I placed the last of the crispy thick bacon onto a tray to warm in the oven "Nearly finished" I smiled to him "just hand me the potato bread from the cupboard" Sal looked at me as if I had just asked him to go find me a unicorn.

"Potato bread?"

"Yeah potato bread?"

"Actual bread made from potatoes?"

"Yeah, it's a thing."

"You Irish really live up to your stereotypes don't ya"

I smacked him over the back of the head with my spatula "just get the damn bread"

"Ow that hurt" he grumbled rummaging through the cupboards "oh look it does exist"

The table had been filled with food, plates stacked high with sausages, bacon, eggs, fried pancakes, potato bread ,mushrooms, soda bread and a huge pot of tea Sal and I stood back to admire out efforts "This Salvatore is how we Breakfast!" the smell of the food must have drifted the whole way through the house because no sooner had we plated up than the rest of the New Yorkers came curiously downstairs for a nosy "oh look goldilocks here come the three bears" Sal nudged me as Joe, Murr and Q all entered the room

"Morning guys" I smiled to them Q wrapped his arms around my waist as I carried a huge bowl of beans to the table "Careful this is hot!" I warned him as he kissed my cheek

"So the Story of Q and Maggie continues?" Murr asked I looked at Q I couldn't answer honestly without spilling about the Job and I couldn't do that with Sal in the room "Mind your own Murr." Q told, sitting down at the table.

"Damn Irish are ya feeding the five thousand or something?" Joe laughed taking a seat.

"Always gotta be prepared Joey you really don't know who's gonna show up for breakfast." and I was right in 10 minutes myself along with my Four best friends plus Fallon who had come back from her walk bringing Eamon with her who in turn called Liam to tell him breakfast was on and Apollo who had finally gotten out of his van were all sat around the kitchen table happily munching away.

I smiled as I sipped my tea looking around at my family this group of 8 people half of which couldn't be more different than the other 4 but had ended up in my life anyway. Fallon was slapping Eamons hand away from trying to steal her last piece of Bacon, Q and Apollo where chatting about the Secret Stash and the podcasts while Liam was engaged in a conversation with Joe and Murr. Joes hands waved wildly as he told his story he expressed everything with such animation "I'm tellin ya man the girl just kissed him and Murr couldn't believe it this woman in the park was totally pillow talking with him"

Sal noticed me smiling and leaned over to me "you look really happy"

I put down my cup and squeezed his hand "I feel It too Sal, I wish it could be like this all the time."

He nodded "We do have to go back sometime though"

The feeling of guilt crawled back into my stomach "yeah I know buddy"

"Well" I announced to the table "Since me and Sal done a pretty amazing job on breakfast we will leave it between the rest of you to fight over who's cleaning up the mess" Q, Joe Murr and Apollo all looked around the table before yelling "NOT IT!" which left my sister and the McAllister brothers to do the dishes I couldn't help but laugh and the looks of victory and defeat etched on different faces around the table.

Even if it couldn't last forever I was glad I had these 8 people with me today for the memorial, heaven knows I would need to all of them for support.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: So sorry this took so long for me to update guys thank you so much for all the views hope you enjoy this until the end I'd love it if you left me a wee comment or review.