Aftermath Part 34

The flashing lights lit up the beach in the morning sunrise as the ambulance drove up the trail onto the road and off into the distance the loud siren was an echo in the ears of Liam McAllister as he watched it drive away. He was grateful he had been the designated driver last night there was no way he would have been able to face up to this with a hangover.

Murr however was a different story he sat on the sand his head pounding and his mouth dry none of that really compared to the panic in him he tried to get his head around everything that happened in the last few hours but none of it was making sense it had all been chaos from the minute he heard Apollo entering the house screaming for help.

The paramedics would only let one person in the ambulance so Apollo volunteered and Eamon drove off with Fallon to the hospital. All Liam could do was wait for a call. The phone call that could crumble lives nobody would cope without Sparrow she was the epitome of living, a chirpy little bird with a heart of gold and as wild as the blackberries in the bushes.

Liam rubbed his jaw, the paramedic with the freckles on her face said suspected suicide attempt but she may be wrong. She fucking had to be wrong Sparrow Thorne would never have taken her own life. She loved the world far too much she knew the cycles of the moon, the pattern of the tides and the names of every flower as well as she knew her own name.

It was all some sort of accident he thought the mad bitch probably wanted a midnight swim and got into trouble. He had seen the dent in her head when they loaded her into the ambulance the red paramedic said she had hit it with some force probably on a rock. There was a voice in the back of his head an itching in his mind he didn't want to listen to but it was a possibility, What if she was pushed? The bastard better pray for his fucking life Liam thought I'll kill the fucker if I find out someone's to blame.

He pictures her as the crazy riotous 4 year old she was when she believed for a good 6 months she was a jungle child raised by a bear named Baloo she would run through the fields around the McAllister estate laughing and screaming she climbed trees and swung from the branches and ate berry's from the bushes even though Fallon told her they were dirty, when they were 10 and spent endless days kicking an old Gaelic ball around the beach Sparrow could tackle better than any man and definitely wasn't of getting her knees scraped the time she busted her knee wide open and didn't cry once Liam thought she was so cool for being brave he hated to admit it at the time but for a girl he pretty much idolised her, when they were 16 and he took her to her end of year dance because that colossal bastard Jack O'Hagan ditched her the day before fuck she was beautiful that night in a dress as green as the spruce trees and how they danced all night until her heel actually broke from her shoe. The day she left taking all the sunshine in Sheephaven with her not a call or a text. All the years she was gone he thought of her daily he would have given anything just to hear her laugh or go surfing with her again or he late nights under the stars when they would just drink whiskey and listen to the waves he missed her an awful lot and then day she returned and everything became brighter again she went away a girl and returned a woman his lifelong best friend Sparrow Thorne.

Liam roars to the sky kicking a rock with brute force sending a shocking pain into his foot he wipes furiously at the tears forming in his eyes he hasn't cried since his Da died. First Da then Willow then Sparrow problem was his Da and Willow where a fair age Sparrow was only 23 far too young to be taken away from everyone that loves her.

The younger McAllister brother looks to his left he was used to watching Brian Q Quinn on impractical jokers not exactly all the time but when he could he would catch an episode or two but now here he was sitting in the sand staring absent-mindedly at the ocean his untidy hair even more chaotic than usual probably like the thoughts in his mind right now. Liam believed Q always came off a little cocky but something changed when he seen how he looked at Sparrow like she was every sunny day rolled into one person and she looked at him like she would never love another. Sparrow had a big heart and Liam knew just by looking at her as she danced with Brian Quinn just hours before that he took up every inch of that heart.

Liam thinks of the night he first met BQ after picking him up from the airport he was quiet the whole way to Sheephaven the whole three hours and the man barely spoke a word, Joey had explained he was just afraid, afraid he was forgotten or afraid he was rejected or maybe even just afraid that she didn't love him anymore. The joy in Maggie's eyes when she seen Brian sitting at her kitchen table said it all though whatever had gone on between them in the big city was forgotten about she was just glad to have him with her.

Brian ran his hands through his hair he felt numb inside his little bird gone the woman that should have been his wife wiped away like the tide washed away the sand.

"She's dead Murr..." his voice barely a whisper his eyes fixed on the water.

Murr placed his hand on his friends shoulder he really didn't know how to comfort him he could barely speak himself as squeezed Brian's shoulder "She's not dead they said there's a small chance she'll make it"

Brian shook his head he felt like someone had made him forget how to be happy like someone took the sun and demolished it right on front of him. "I seen it in her eyes Murray when they were trying the CPR she wasn't there, she's gone.

Authors Note: So that's the end of Saviour... Nah I'm kidding don't panic more to come. Stay tuned.