Another Planet Part 17

We were over sea now there was nothing to look at anymore the inflight movie was a crappy Adam Sandler flick and I really wasn't in any mood to watch a comedy Murr could see I was unsettled he had slept for a bit but woken up after a while he had questions to ask and tried to approach them as easily as possible "Now Maggie I know you probably have a lot of things in your head at the minute but don't you think maybe I deserve an explanation for everything"

He was right I didn't want him to be but he was right it was time to come clean "what do you want to know?"

"Well how about we start with your name, it's pretty unsettling when you realise you didn't even know the name of the roommate you had for almost a year"

I took a breath "well my Mother was a little eccentric she gave us all weird names but my father died while she was pregnant with me and from the day he died to the day I was born a sparrow visited her in the garden every day by the Magnolia plant and she was convinced it was my daddy guarding over me and her. So here I am Sparrow Magnolia when I moved away I feared I wouldn't survive much in the big bad world with a name like sparrow and to separate myself from my mammy as far as I could I shortened it to Maggie and it's been that way ever since"

James nodded as he listened taking it all in "when you say we all have weird names, there's more than you and your sister Fallon wasn't it?"

"yeah the twins Fallon Melody which suits Fallon means leader and she has such an angelic voice she's older by about 10 minutes than my Brother Apollo Journey , Mammy always had a fascination with space and the world above as she called It journey also fits him he's the most like mam, loves to go on adventures he would go on hikes into the hills for days at a time and just think about things and look at things" I smiled as I thought of my brother so at peace with everything "he's a pretty cool guy and Fallons great too"

"It seems like such a nice family why leave?" this was the hardest question to answer I stayed quiet for a long time trying to make the words right in my head it had been so long since I thought about it, I kept it all to the back of my head "I've had enough of the question game now Murr sorry I'm going to get some sleep" I turned over to face the window but I didn't sleep for a minute.

As soon as I seen the first glimpse of the island the nerves in my stomach exploded I had such mixed emotions about being back. We reunited with Sal who was close to kissing the ground he was that relieved to be off the flight the air was bitter and cold the sky was a dusking pink and the familiar accents were music to my ears

"So Maggie how are we getting to your place anyways?" Sal asked as he wheeled my suitcase through the arrival lounge

"From what I gathered Liam was to be here to pick up he's a family friend" I gazed around the crowd looking of any glimpse of a familiar face I used to know. I was starting to get nervous I was sure I had heard Fallon right It was another three hour drive to Sheephaven and I didn't fancy hitchhiking it.

"Well fuck me is that really Sparrow Thorne" a voice from behind me yelled out I spun around and stared right into the sky blue eyes of Liam McAllister definitely not a boy of 19 anymore he had grown up that was something that I forgotten to take in to account while I was away everything continued changing here it hadn't all stopped just because I had up and left "Oh my god Liam look at you! You're so old" I pulled him in close to me.

Liam gave a chuckle as he released me from the hug "well you're not a young chicken yourself anymore Sparrow look at you hair in a bun and everything." The smile disappeared from both our faces as we remembered the reason for our reunion "I'm so sorry about Willow y'know she's being going downhill for years but she's bad at the minute it might be a shock I'm just warning you now"

I nodded like I understood and turned around to Sal for support realising I hadn't introduced anyone yet "I completely forgot my manners Liam these are my good friends Sal Vulcano and James Murray." Liam shook the guys hands with a friendly "Hi how are ya" "Ready to go home little birdy?" He asked me taking my suitcase from my hands.

"Lead the way." I smiled as I followed Liam out of the terminal Sal and Murr both turned to look at each other "Dude he's like a shaved younger Q" Murr hissed to his friend Sal raised his eyebrows and just nodded.

As soon as we left the city everything became familiar again we drove the winding roads through the hills passing fields upon fields of sheep and cows the odd donkeys and even some alpacas. I wound the window down and let the air at my face "Well boys what do yous think?" Liam asked the guys in the back

"Everything's so...green!" Murr stated cracking Sal up Liam laughed along

"Aye you better get used to that and kiss your tall buildings and traffic goodbye"

"So Liam how's things it's been five years you must have something to talk about?" I asked him tucking my legs under me watching him drive

"Things have just been things y'know me Da died a few years back?"

"Oh god No I'm so sorry" Liam's father Fergus had been a great family friend and also landlord to Willow I always remembered him a nice grey haired man always smoking a pipe and whistling as he walked along the lane

"Aye it was rough but Eamons taken over the land now and I help him run it"

A smile came to my face as I remembered Liam's older brother "Jeez Big Eamon how is he?

"You should as your sister that one last I heard he was working on a proposal to her."

"Fallon and Eamon?! Fuck I remember she liked him but I didn't know they were going out."

"Like I said Sparrow loads has changed they were living together for a while in the big house but Fal moved out when your Ma got sick" My heart sank a little when I thought of Brains proposal to me it was the first time I had thought of him since we landed now here I was 3,000 miles away with not even a clue of what he was doing or even if he had realised I'd ran away taking his two best friends with me.

"We've been in this car for like two hours, how much longer!" Sal whined from the back

"Ah still another while to go yet sir" Liam addressed the huffing American in the back.

Sal turned to Murr "did he just call me Sir?

Murr giggled back "It sounded more like Sar to me"

"You'd better get used to that too guys" I told them "Everyone will address you as Sir as in hi sir how ya doin sir"

Sal shook his head in complete confusion "I feel like I'm on another planet Murr"

As soon as I started seeing the signs for Sheephaven I got emotional I was so close to being back it was almost starting to become exciting, I would see my home, my beach, my pups who were probably puppies no longer but I would also be saying goodbye to my mammy.

I wasn't too sure how I felt about that.