Jump Part 33

We reached the bar apart from a new coat of paint it hadn't changed in the slightest a fire still raged in the corner the smell of fresh turf burning. The usual dim lighting made brighter by the hundreds of half burned candles littering the room. Candle light acoustics had been running since before I could even remember some amazing acts had passed through here during all that time some became quite big and others not so much.

Willow had done a few sets here in her time I remember right up at the stage on a little chair drinking lemonade and watching my mama preform like she was the biggest star in the sky. Afterwards she would get drunk and come home screaming telling us how she wished she never had us and we held her back from becoming famous for her art. But for those few minutes on stage when she sang her heart out to me and the twins she was herself and it was beautiful.

Now it was my brothers turn he had 10 times the music talent Willow had I just hope he wouldn't fuck it up with his nerves before he got on stage he stood at the bar with me clutching his beaded dreadlocks in his fist, taking deep breaths it honestly sounded like he was having an asthma attack.

Q fist bumped Apollo and looked him dead in the eyes "Remember what I told you dude" my brother nodded pulling him in for a man hug "Thanks Brother" Apollo smiled and helped me carry the tray of whiskey shots over to our booth I narrowed my eyebrows at Brian wondering what exactly he had told him. Q laughed and winked at me before joining the guys in toasting my brother.

A strange face sat at our table she was crazy pretty huge eyelashes framed her green eyes and her red lipstick complemented by her shoulder length black hair. Dressed in jeans and a shirt, her glasses resting on her nose. I studied her face having absolutely no idea who she was. Apollo saved me from confusion "Sparrow I'd like you to meet someone, this is Shannon" Shannon smiled at me reaching for my hand "Shan is my back up singer and O'Reillys wife to be" Apollo continued. I turned around to Bronach shocked "You never told me you were engaged" I screeched at her the hopelessly laid back bitch shrugged laughing "You never asked Thorne, We're just waiting for the bleedin government to give us the vote to legalize our marriage and we'll be happy"

The place had started to fill up friends of Apollos and Shans along with a lot of the village locals and people from the next village over. I stood at the bar having a catch up with Bronachs brother Danny but soon he got too busy serving people so I collected a round of beers and headed over to the guys Eamon and Fallon had finally shown up along with Liam who was blaming Fallon for taking so long on her hair everyone was so squished in together I had no choice but to sit on Brians lap.

"you had better take it easy tonight Buddy I'm not carrying you through the airport tomorrow nursing a hangover" Joe warned Murr, the smaller joker slapped his friend on the back "Oh lighten up Joey it's our last night of vacation" I couldn't help but giggle only 3 drinks in and James Murray was slurring his speech .

Apollo joined Shannon on stage and took a seat on a stool steadying his guitar on his lap "Hi everyone, thanks for coming out tonight I'm Apollo Thorne I'll be playing a few covers and some of my own material. My very good friend Shan is here helping me out and I uh hope you enjoy the show" I cheerfully applauded my brother he was projecting so much confidence. Brian tucked a protective arm around my waist he was chatting to a very engrossed Bronach about podcasts and View Askew. My hand rested on my beer bottle tapping it to the music with my ring this caught Sals attention I could see him staring at it from the corner of his eye I hoped to god he wouldn't get the same idea Murr had, that I would be staying or even that I was engaged. I was going to confront him about staring so much but I became distracted by Eamon pulling Fallon to her feet to dance.