Bachelor Party Part 10

About a week or so had passed and Brian and I had been completely avoiding each other. If there was a night he was coming to see James I would spend the day at Sam's or the coffee shop and purposely not come home until I knew he was gone things had been more than awkward I didn't even know if he was angry or upset anymore.

Joes wedding was fast approaching and I had saved up enough to really splash out on a dress I was really excited to celebrate the big day but it would mean having to face Brian.

I was cleaning the kitchen when a text came through on my phone before I picked it up I wished on anyone who was listening that it would be Brian

It wasn't.

1 new message received: Ja'Crispy

Morning Miss Maggie, Lunch at Rubys? X

Every time I seen Sals self-titled contact name it made me giggle

Sounds good pick me up at two? X

It felt so long since our picnic so much shit had happened I was really looking forward to lunch with Sal I just couldn't tell him about the move nothing was set in stone yet but I had made a few calls and sent a few applications away it was eating away at me that I couldn't tell him but I would just have to put It in the back of my mind today.

He arrived bang on time as always outside the building there was an awkward silence at first Brian was on both of our minds I didn't want to ask and he didn't want to answer we got to the cosy restaurant and placed our orders the food smelt amazing I was starving

"I feel like I've barely seen you" Sal started "what's going on every time I come over you're hiding from me"

I felt a twinge of guilt in my stomach "you know I'm not avoiding you I just can't be around Brian anymore."

"But why not"

"Because well..."

He looked me dead in the eyes I could tell he wanted to be serious "There is absolutely no reason why you have to avoid him you were friends you kissed shit happened now you should just make up and be friends again. None of this stupid fucking drama he's a middle age man goddamit not a stupid schoolyard crush" he spoke a lot softly now as the waitress brought our food to the table I tucked in straight away.

I felt so ashamed he was right though avoiding each other was just stupid and immature "Well I have to face him at the wedding so we'll just see how that goes"

"speaking of the wedding that's something else I have to talk to you about" he wouldn't look at me anymore he paused for a good minute well "we got our invites and Q , Murr and myself have all got plus ones for a guest and I don't want you to freak out you know it's completely cool..."

"Sal!" I just had to interrupt "you're avoiding the point just tell me dude"

"Brains asked Alyssa to come with him...."

There was a silence, my heart felt like it was in my throat that gorgeous receptionist from the guys' office if this was a sick plan to hurt me back it was working. I pushed my plate away my appetite just wasn't there I wanted to leave lock myself in my room and cry but Sal held my hand he talked in his usual soft tone "Hey c'mon no tears Murrs taking Lynda and I'm not taking anyone if you wanted too we could go together we'll have a great time" I squeezed his hand tight he was right Brian could do what he wanted it was Joe and Bessys beautiful day and I would be surrounded by my best friends.

There was so much I had to do before the day. I had booked my hotel room already and Sal and James were so kind in paying for my hair and make up for looking after things while they had been away Sam helped me shop for a beautiful navy colour dress not to clingy though it made a beautiful heart shape over my chest with simple straps and fell over my hips to the floor It hung on the back of my door and I admired it every night as I fell asleep it was one of the most beautiful things I'd ever owned.