Anger and Attraction Part 6

Life continued just the same for a while I had built up a good friendship with the guys they would come over and hang out a few nights after work and we would just sit around watching movies and chilling before I knew it I had been living with Murr almost a month. They had been out of town for about a week and a half on tours and press meets so I had my hours reduced to look after the apartment and Brains apartment too.

After the shop I'd go over to Brains to feed his three "Babies" they were adorable one I even recognised Benjamin as the agitated cat Quinn had hid in Murrs apartment on the day of my interview.

I'd lay up on Q's sofa reading some of this not so precious comic books as they crawled around me, scuttling on my hair or playing with my bracelets As much of a ladies man as Brian tried to act there was clearly a softer side to a man who lived alone with 3 cats. The whole apartment was him in every way memorabilia and merchandise everywhere along with Photos of his parents, ones with Sal and a group photo of the guys at "Murrs wedding" poor Sal looked ready to kill something.

It had gotten to Friday afternoon and the guys where due back that evening it had been a relaxing week without them but I had really missed the laughter around the place. I had planned a huge dinner to welcome them home as they would have arrived in the city in that morning and having fittings done all day on their tuxes for Joe's upcoming wedding and if I knew the guys like I thought I did they would be starving when they landed back to the apartment.

Murrs apartment just seemed to be the regular hang out for the guys occasionally they would head to Brains but only if he agreed to put the cats in the bedroom to which he usually disagreed. I'd learned Sal was afraid of a lot of things including cats and germs which explains why he never invited the guys to his and Bessy, Joes wife to be had put a ban on the guys from her and Joes place after the last incident involving Murr and Bessys mother I never asked what it was about and I'm glad I didn't.

Me and Brian had eventually swapped numbers after I convinced him it was only to keep in contact with him and the guy's when they were away but I don't think he bought it, come to think of it I don't think I did either. We had grown closer over time due to his excessive flirting and in time I had started to flirt back harmless glances and play fighting but no kissing had come of it yet didn't mean I couldn't day dream about it though.

I mean the guy was older than my Brother but I couldn't help but get butterflies when we made eye contact across the room or when he came skipping into work announcing his order to me as loud as he possibly could. The more time I spent with him the more I started to feel things I hadn't felt in a very long time I couldn't possibly tell him though I'd never live down the embarrassment if he didn't feel the same, sure we flirted like crazy but he flirted with everyone that girl that worked in reception at their office the older retired widow that lived across from Murr heck even Joe sometimes.

I kept myself busy preparing the burritos and nachos for dinner that night while I sang old songs to myself of California dreams and going to San Francisco with flowers in my hair. Though I never let it show I was such a flower child at heart it was something I couldn't escape from no matter how many miles away from home I ran.

As I stood at the window chewing my lip and day dreaming of the past a message chimed on my phone I smiled when I seen it was from Brian and I smiled even harder when I read it

Hey pretty lady, should be finished up soon see you then x

I took a breath and sighed and slid my phone back into the pocket of my sweatpants wait sweatpants? Shit In all the chaos of preparing dinner I had forgotten to prepare myself I dashed to the bedroom throwing open my wardrobe and flinging clothes left right and centre I had treated myself to a new dress last week and finally had the perfect chance to wear it .