Friday Night Football

3 weeks later...

Lauren's POV

The summer is over now and I'm in my senior year. It's towards the end of August and tonight me and Dani are going with our friends to a football game. I've been to a couple of football games before but Nashville is super passionate about football so there are people that go to every single game. The Nashville High school football team is really good I guess. I mean at least that's what everyone's been telling me. All anyone talks about when you bring up a football game here is how "the teams going to go to state this year!"

Me and Dani met up with our friends Amanda and Rachel at the game. It was dark outside since we got there on time for kick off at 7. When we walked in the stands were already packed (I'm assuming because it's the first game of the season). I'm not exaggerating when I say that some people in the stands are fully covered in body paint. The team colors are blue, gold and white, and this one guy who looked like he must have at least been 25 covered his entire body in blue paint.

I've realized that football is kind of like a lifestyle for some people here. It's kind of funny because since I lived in Malibu there wasn't that same enthusiasm for a sport like there was here. People in Malibu were just excited about being able to go to the beach whenever they wanted.

Me and Dani made our way up the stands, following close behind Amanda and Rachel. We sat down and started watching the game. While we were sitting in the stands I couldn't help but get as into it as some of the other people around us. I could feel the positive energy and it was contagious. When other people started cheering and screaming, Dani and I would jump up and scream too even though we had no idea what was going on.

Amanda knew a lot about football because her dad is the high school teams coach. He has been coaching for years so she learned everything from him. When I was asking her questions about what different things meant, I saw someone on the team score. Everyone around us started cheering, so Dani and I jumped up and started cheering too. Then Amanda turned towards me, letting out a small laugh and started talking.

Amanda- "If you cheer for him too loud then might call you princess again." She said letting out another small laugh. I knew immediately who she was talking about.
Lauren- "That's Jaiden?!" I said kind of surprised since he didn't look like the jock type when I first saw him.
Amanda- "Yeah. My dad loves him since he's one of the better players on the team."
Lauren- "Yeah he might be good at football but he's still kind of a jerk."
Amanda- "He's really not that bad. Dawson told me that Jai was rude to you because he thinks you look self centered."
Lauren- "He thinks I look self centered?!" I asked slightly offended that he would judge me so quick.
Amanda- "Yeah but that's probably because you look a little bit like his ex Lexi and she was terrible. She treated him and everyone else terribly. So you kind of just got that personality cast on you because you look similar to Lexi."

I looked back down at the field at Jaiden, only seeing the number 9 on the back of his jersey. Even though he was a jerk he was still extremely attractive. And he looked even better in a football uniform. As he ran off the field to get water he turned around so the back of his jersey faced me once more. The only reason I knew it was him was because Amanda said that he was number 9. I didn't even know his last name. But as he stood there with his back facing towards me I stared at his jersey trying to make out his last name.

Jaiden Beckham.

I remember Dawson yelling Beckham at Jaiden but I just assumed it was some weird nickname. But now it made way more sense since that was his last name.

As we continued watching the game I noticed myself staring at Jaiden. I didn't realize it at first but once I did I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I don't know why Im feeling so drawn to him. He's so rude and is the complete opposite of the normal guy I would be attracted to. And even though it goes against what I would want, I kind of liked the bad boy vibe that he had.

I don't even really know if he's a bad boy, but he sure seems like one. And let's face it, every girl wants a guy who has a little bit of a bad boy side in him. And he had it. That's what drew me in, that's what attracted me.

But it's not like I'm going to end up with him. Honestly, I really just want him to not hate me for no reason.

Amanda told me a little but about his ex Lexi but I don't think that's an excuse to treat me the way he did. I mean everyone has talked too or dated someone who isn't that great for them. He didn't have an excuse or a reason to treat me badly.

He was like a project. I was going to get him to be my friend. Even if he can't stand it, he's going to get over hating me. I'm going to do what my family has always told me too and be so nice to him that he no longer can treat me bad.

And maybe I will even get him to smile at me like he does at other people.

A/N
Hey guys! I hope you stick around and read this new book. A picture of Jaidens character is posted above if you are interested in what his look is based off of! Let me know what you guys think in the comments below!(: