Pressure

2 weeks later

Jaiden's POV

This is what I wasn't looking forward too. I'm feeling so much pressure. I need to do well in football this season because I need a scholarship. My parents don't care if I go to college or not because they don't think it's important. They told me that if I want to go to college I have to support myself, that they wouldn't help me. But I have no money to pay for college. I work at a restaurant washing dishes and make minimum wage. That doesn't even begin to give me enough money to start paying huge college bills.

I love football but it's also so important for my future. It's the only thing that gives me a chance. I'm in my last year of high school and this is when scouts are allowed to approach players. I got letters from a couple of schools my junior year but they are letters that are sent out to a lot of players. So those letters really mean nothing. I'm starting to get stressed because these next few months are important.

I just want to get out of Nashville. I want to leave.

My thoughts were interrupted when I looked down to see a text from Lauren. We have talked pretty much every day since the tail gate. I knew that I was starting to have feelings for her because  even though I'm really stressed, just seeing her name pop up on my phone caused a smile to form on my face.
Lauren, her dad and her little brother came to my game yesterday and when I opened her text I laughed at what she said about that.

L- Lauren
J- Jaiden

L- So now not only does my dad want to be friends with you after we went to your game yesterday but so does Joey
J- Don't sounds so shocked! I'm a very like-able guy😏
L- I still don't understand football. I try to cheer you on but I don't know what I'm cheering for.
J- What are you doing right now?
L- Nothing but Wow that was a quick subject change.
J- It's not a subject change. I'm coming over and you're going to learn about football.
L- Right now?!
J- Yes right now! You said you weren't doing anything so you're going to hang out with me
L- Hahaha okay if you say so!

Lauren's POV

Not even 10 minutes after Jaiden said he was coming over to my house I heard a knock at the door. I went to go open it and I saw Jaiden standing on the other side, wearing black sweats a green sweatshirt and a black hat on backwards. He had a football in his hands and looked at me confused.

Jaiden- "What are you wearing right now? I'm teaching you football!"
He said with a small side smirk on his face as he looked down at what I was wearing.
Lauren- "My sisters and I filmed a video this morning and this is what I was wearing. I didn't know there was a certain dress code to hang out with you hahaha"
Jaiden- "Not with me. But there is in football! Go change into sweats and a sweatshirt homie you're gonna learn football! We are friends you have to know this stuff so I can talk to you about it!"
He smiled at me as I agreed and ran upstairs to change. I came down in grey sweats and a blue oversized sweatshirt.
Lauren- "Alright. Teach me."
He smiled and stared at me with flirtatious eyes.
He walked out of my front door and I followed closely behind him as we walked towards this open field that was a couple streets down from mine. He had a football in his hands and we began to talk about random things as we walked down my street.
We got to the open field and Jaiden started showing me all this stuff that I didn't understand. When he saw how confused I looked he realized he should start off simpler. He explained to me that there are 4 downs and how you had to pass 10 yards or the ball was turned over to the other team.
It was actually really cute to see how into it he was when he talked about football. He started to talk about more rules that football had and I went from beginning to understand, to completely confused.

Lauren- "Jai slow down I don't even know what position you are. I just know that you catch the ball and run to score."
We were crouched down in the grass that was covered in leaves. (Pic above)
Jaiden- "That's really all you need to know about my position." He let out a small laugh. He traced his hands through the leaves and then looked back up at me. I smiled at him while he kept his eyes locked on me.
Jaiden- "You can't do that. It's not fair." He said smiling widely at me. I looked back at him raising my eyebrows while still smiling.
Lauren- "Do what?"
Jaiden- "Do that. You can't smile at me like that."
Lauren- "Why not?" I said still smiling just because he said that.
Jaiden- "Cause I can't teach you about football when you smile at me like that. It's distracting when the cutest girl in the stands is sitting in front of me smiling like that while I teach her."
I looked at him and I could feel my cheeks turning red. I smiled down at the ground shyly. I looked back up at him to see his bright smile. He reached out his hand and started to speak.
Jaiden- "Well.. are you ready for me to show you how to play or what?"
I grabbed the football out of his hand while playfully slapping his other hand away. I started running away from him while laughing.
Jaiden- "Hey that's not how you play!" He said laughing while chasing after me.

He grabbed me from behind and wrapped his arm around my waist, while reaching for the football . I held it tightly to my chest so he couldn't grab it. I started to squeal and laugh while he tried to take the football away. We started play arguing.

I want someone who will stay. Someone who will stick around and want to be with the real, authentic me. Someone who won't leave, or walk out of my life. I really hope that he can be that guy. I want so badly for him to be that guy.

A/N
Let me know what you guys think in the comments below!(: I love hearing what you guys have to say!