My Place

2 months later...

Lauren's POV

Lauren- "Jai you have a problem! You are obsessed with my camera!" I said putting my hand up and laughing. I put my hands in front of my face at first but he continued to take pictures, so I put my hands up to the lens and pushed it down.
Lauren- "Jai seriously stop!" I said still laughing.
Jaiden- "No! You take pictures of me all the time. If I'm going to date a future photographer I have to learn how to take pictures so I can understand your mindset!"
Lauren- "Understand my mindset? Hahaha"
Jaiden- "Yeah cause you are always shoving this camera in my face or taking pictures when I don't expect it so I have to understand why you do it!"
Lauren- "It's because you have a good personality so it makes it easy to take pictures of you. You are comfortable. And besides it doesn't hurt to have pictures of my super adorable boyfriend in my camera." I said smirking.
Jaiden- "Adorable? Haha what am I 5?"
Lauren- "Adorable is a good thing! It fits you." I said pinching his cheek as he rolled his eyes.

He started looking through the pictures. He scrolled all the way back to the night of the football dinner, when he had helped me feel
better about photography. He smiled widely when he saw pictures of the two of us together.

Jaiden- "Do you ever print these out or save them to your computer? I really like these pictures!" He said still staring at the camera.
Lauren- "Yeah! I always save the memory cards to my computer. I don't always print them though. I have too many." He looked down at the camera and turned his head towards me quickly.
Jaiden- "Let's go on an adventure." He said with a cheeky smile.
Lauren- "Right now?" I said laughing at his spontaneous request.
Jaiden- "Yeah right now!"
Lauren- "What kind of adventure? Its about to get dark outside!"
Jaiden- "So what! Let's just do it. I want to do spontaneous things with you. You're the only person who will do the most random things with me."
Lauren- "Okay let's go!"
We went down the stairs and I told my mom that we were leaving. I got in the passengers seat of Jaiden's car and he started to drive.
Lauren- "So where exactly are we going?" I said while letting out a small laugh.
Jaiden- "I'm going to show you my favorite place ever. It's where I go all the time. And I've never showed anyone so you should feel pretty special." He said with a side smirk.
Lauren- "So this place, it's like your hideout that no one knows about?" I said with a smirk growing in my face as I watched him driving.
Jaiden- "Yeah. It's my place. Except now I'm just sharing it with you."

We drove for about 20 minutes until we pulled into an empty parking lot. I looked around confused.

Lauren- "This is your place? An empty parking lot? Haha"
Jaiden- "Do you trust me?" I paused before answering.
Lauren- "Yeah." I said allowing a small smile to form on my face.

He got out of the car without saying anything else and I followed. I walked over by his side and he put his arm around me.

We walked up to this building that looked brand new but it was completely empty. Jaiden passed the front door and went to the side of the building where there was another door. He opened it, while turning the knob and slamming hard on the door with his side arm and shoulder. I looked at him with a surprised expression.

Lauren- "What are you doing?! You are literally breaking into a building." I said letting out shocked laughter.
Jaiden- "You said you trust me right? So trust me." He said smiling and holding his hand out. I hesitantly gave into the curious temptation and took his hand.

We walked up several flights of stairs that eventually led to the roof of the building. At the top you could see all Nashville lit up by street lights, due to the sun setting. He walked over to this platform that was on the roof and sat down. I walked up beside him and sat down next to him.

Lauren- "Wow, you can see everything up here. What made you come across this place?"
Jaiden- "My parents used to own this building until they traded it to up their business pairings. I actually hated this place when my parents first bought it, but they had this event at this building about a year ago that they made me go too. And during the chaos of trying to avoid business people I walked up the stairs until I got here... There aren't many places where you can see all of Nashville... But you can here. So I kept coming back, because no one else would come here."

I scooted closer to him and he wrapped his arm around me. I put my legs over the top of his as we sat there looking out at the city.

Lauren- "You know it's kind of weird."
Jaiden- "What is?" He asked as I was still cuddled up next to him.
Lauren- "I've seen all of these different places all around the world; incredible and beautiful places. But for some reason being here with you is better than anything else."

My head was resting against his inner shoulder and I looked up just enough to see a smile form on his face. I turned my eyes back towards the lit up city. I spoke in a quiet tone.

Lauren- "Thank you for sharing your place with me."
Jaiden- "Thank you for being the reason my place got 10 times better than it already was." I paused for a moment before continuing.
Lauren- "Why is it that you call this 'your place'? What does that mean?"
Jaiden- "I guess because this is where I love to be."
Lauren- "So it's like home away from home."
Jaiden- "Exactly." He said in a sweet voice.
Jaiden- "What about you? Do you have a place?"

I sat there thinking for a minute, only being able to think of one answer.

Lauren- "My place is wherever you and I can be together." I replied.

He kissed my forehead as we both sat in the peaceful silence that surrounded us. He responded in a whisper.

Jaiden- "You are making it so hard to leave."
Lauren- "You're making it so hard to say goodbye."

I felt his arms tighten around me, making me feel safe. At this moment, all I wish I could do is ask him to stay.
Time is quickly creeping up on us. He has already had to start packing his things. And soon, he will be gone.

A/N
Let me know what you think in the comments below! I love hearing what you guys have to say!(: