You've Got Me

2 weeks later

Jaiden's POV

Lauren and I went out on a couple dates these past two week. I hate calling it a date because dates can sometimes be really awkward and when we went out it wasn't. And plus we have both been on really awkward dates before and we would rather not call them dates for that reason.

She's coming over today to hang out. She said she wanted to watch Christmas movies to get in "the Christmas spirit." I don't watch a lot of Christmas movies but I love Elf so I agreed to watch movies as long as we watched that one.

I haven't told my parent yet that we are dating. They are getting home early tomorrow morning and I didn't want to argue as soon as they got back. Lauren's family knows and I think all of her sisters knew for a while that we were going to date. Well at least that's what Dani told me.

Lauren's family was completely different from mine. The Cimorelli's care about me being a good person who cares about Lauren. They want to know that I have good intentions. They also liked that we were friends for a few months before we started dating because they think it's better off that way. But my family is completely different. My family wants me to be with someone who fits the "perfect" image of who they think we should be. They could care less about whether or not she was an incredible person.

That's why I don't want to tell my family. Lauren knows that I haven't told them but she thinks it's because they have been out of town. I didn't want to tell her that I'm hiding it from my parents because they don't like her. But I also know that I can't hide it from them forever because the longer I wait the harder it will be to tell them without them getting super mad.

As I finished getting ready I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

L- Lauren
J- Jaiden

L- Open your gate outside loser I'm here
J- You're lucky I like you enough to still let you in after calling me a loser

We have a gate outside of our house so I went to go grab a gate opener and clicked the button so she could pull in my driveway. I opened the front door and waited as she got out of the car. I smiled when I saw her eyes squinting due to the bright sun shining in her eyes.

Jaiden- "Come on princess! I've been waiting all day to watch Elf!"
Lauren- "It's not my fault! Dani was taking forever in the shower so I couldn't get ready!"

As she walked up and entered the house I pecked her lips. I smirked at her as we went and sat on the couch.

Jaiden- "That's the first time you didn't yell at me for calling you princess."
Lauren- "I'm starting to get used to it, so I just stopped fighting it."

She looked around, scanning the room. She scrunched her eyebrows together and started laughing while looking in the corner of the room.

Lauren- "Jai why do you have a pink yoga mat?"
Jaiden- "You think that's mine?! Hahaha"
Lauren- "I don't know you don't have any siblings that live here!"
Jaiden- "It's my moms hahaha. Come on I can barely touch my toes if I stretch and you think I do yoga?"
Lauren- "I couldn't even picture you walking into a yoga session that's why I was wondering!"
Jaiden- "You can't picture it because it would never happen!"
Lauren- "Where are your parents anyways? I thought they were coming back today."
Jaiden- "No they come back tomorrow. Unfortunately."
Lauren- "Come on it won't be that bad. I'm sure they will be happy to see you."
Jaiden- "Speaking of them are you going to be around next Friday?"
Lauren- "Yeah why?"
Jaiden- "Because our football team is doing this dinner night and everyone usually brings family or someone with them, but my parents don't want to go because they are going down to visit Scott. So I was wondering if you would come?"
Lauren- "Yeah of course I will. Your parents didn't want to go? They couldn't just visit Scott another day?"
Jaiden- "That's not really how things work in our family. They kind of do anything for Scott. So they don't usually show up to these kinds if things."
Lauren- "Well, I'll be there. You've got me." She said smiling sweetly, looking up at me.

Lauren's POV

Me and Jaiden watched Elf after he had told me about the football dinner next Friday. Immediately after we finished watching the movie he jumped up excitedly.

Jaiden- "I want waffles! Can we please go get some?"
Lauren- "Waffles right now? It's dinner time?"
Jaiden- "Waffles are way better for dinner than they are for breakfast!"
Lauren- "It's pouring rain and freezing outside right now! You actually want to go out?"
Jaiden- "Okay fine we'll make them here. But don't complain when you have a burnt waffle." He smirked trying to get me to cave in.
Lauren- "How about you make the batter and I'll make sure that they don't burn."
Jaiden- "Lauren you can't cook and I know you can't. Why would I trust you with a waffle maker?"
Lauren- "It can't be that hard! And how do you know I can't cook?"
Jaiden- "I've been over to your house enough times in the past few months to notice that you never cook anything. You grab something that doesn't need to be cooked or something that someone else made."
Lauren- "Not true! I can make quesadillas. I made you one and you ate it!"
He started trying to hold back a smirk. Then I realized why.
Lauren- "You didn't eat the quesadilla I made you?!"
Jaiden- "Well I tried but it wasn't what I expected so I gave it to Joey." He started laughing and I laughed back while putting my hand up to my face.
Lauren- "Why didn't you tell me it was bad?!"
Jaiden- "Because you tried so hard and it was really cute to see you that proud of yourself. I didn't want to ruin it!"
Lauren- "Okay fine I won't be in charge of making waffles but can you please make them here? It's so cold outside I don't want to go anywhere." I said looking up at him with a pouty look.
Jaiden- "Fine. But you have to pretend to like my terrible waffles."
Lauren- "Deal!"

Jaiden started mixing the batter and I got the waffle maker out and turned it on for him. I sat on the counter a couple feet away from where he was mixing the batter. Sitting next to me on top of the counter was a picture of Jaiden and his mom (pic above). It was the only picture I've ever seen of them together in the whole house. I smiled slightly while looking at the picture because he looked so happy in it. It was the genuine smile that I loved seeing on him. I turned my attention back to Jaiden before he noticed me blatantly staring at the picture for a long time.

After meeting his parents a couple weeks ago, I didn't understand how he was so different from them. His family was intense but he wasn't. He's outgoing and goofy; the polar opposite of intense. He's super light hearted and I couldn't grasp how he ended up being so different from his parents. But I like that he knows who he is and that he doesn't feel the need to be what everyone expects him to be. It made me appreciate him so much more.

A/N
What do you guys think of Jaiden and Lauren as a couple so far? I'd love to hear what you guys think in the comments!(: