Back to Nashville

~1 month later~

Jaiden's POV

I'm flying back to Nashville today since we are let out for a week because of Thanksgiving break. I'm at the airport waiting for my flight to be called so that I can board and make my way home.

I never thought that I would be this happy to go home, but since my schedule has been so crazy I'm ready for a break.

Football is so draining. I wake up and go to conditioning, then go to school all day, and then to night practice. After night practice I have to stay up for hours writing papers and studying so that I don't fall behind. It's hard to keep up with school when our practice schedule is so intense.

But it's also been good that our practice schedule has been intense because I have been keeping my mind off of Lauren. But when I have free time, I still tend to think about her.

It's been a few months since Lauren and I broke up. From what Dawson told me, she is now officially with Noah.

Just saying his name annoyed me. I don't know if it's my pride that makes me resent him so much. I just know that I'm jealous that he is with her when I'm not.

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard I heard the announcement that our flight was boarding. I got up and stood in line to show my ticket. When I finally showed her my ticket I got on the plane and found my seat.

I sat down with my head rested on the back of my seat. I put in my headphones as I waited for the plane to take off.

These are moments I tried to avoid. Moments where I had nothing to do but think. It was only a two hour flight but I know that most of that time will be consumed with thinking about her.

I looked down at my phone before we took off. I looked through my camera roll to see old pictures I had saved with Lauren.

I feel so pathetic knowing that she is able to move on and I can't. I went through and started selecting pictures.  I sat there thinking about if I should get rid of them or not. I ended up not going through with deleting them, but instead got onto my Instagram.

I searched Lauren's name and looked through her pictures. She didn't have any with just her and Noah but she did have a group photo with him in it. He was tagged in the picture so I clicked on his profile. When I went to his page I saw it was public and right away pictures of him and Lauren popped up.

I felt jealousy boiling inside of me. I have no right to be jealous, but I am.

As we took off I sat back, closing my eyes and trying to relax. But my thoughts about her didn't slow down.

Flashback to previous month...

I was sitting on my bed in my dorm room. My roommate wasn't there so I was trying to take advantage of the quiet time by studying. As I was reading my through notes that I had taken in my class that day I felt my phone vibrating on my bed. I tried to ignore it so that I didn't tear my attention away from studying.

After about 30 seconds the my phone stopped buzzing. But then I heard a ding, telling me that someone left a voicemail.

That's kind of weird. No one ever usually leaves a voicemail? Dawson just texts me and tells me to call him, and the same thing with my family.

I set my notes aside and I reached down towards the end of my bed and grabbed my phone. I looked at the screen to see Lauren's name. I tilted my head in disbelief, thinking that it must have been a butt dial.

We hadn't talked since the day we broke up. She wouldn't call me now. Especially after how I talked to her when we ended things.

I was about to ignore the voicemail but I couldn't resist the temptation. I slide the voicemail open so I could listen to it. I put my phone up to my ear to listen.

I heard silence for the first few seconds. It sounded as if she was about to speak but then the line went completely silent when she hung up.

I was tempted to call her back, not knowing why she called. Then I decided not too. I didn't want to risk calling and looking like an idiot if it was an accident. So against everything inside of me telling me to to call back, I ignored it.

End Flashback

Now while I looked at all of these pictures of Lauren and Noah I couldn't help but think about that night. Just thinking about that moment makes me regret not calling her back.

It may not have even been a good call to answer. She could have just been calling to tell me that she was mad at the way I talked to her when things ended. Or it could have been her calling because she was upset. Or maybe it was a call that could have helped us heal our broken relationship.

But no matter what the call was about, I regret not taking the chance of calling her back just so I could hear her sweet voice. Even if at that moment it wasn't sweet, I would call just to hear her talk to me again. She could be yelling and screaming, or completely calm and it would make no difference to me. Because all I want is to see her face and hear her voice.

Nashville seems big. But it's a much smaller town then you would think. Seeing her would make moving on harder... And seeing Noah would make me snap.

Seeing them together... That would destroy me.

A/N
Let me know what you guys think in the comments below! I love hearing what you guys have to say!(:
Sorry it took so long to update! I was taking a short break and planning out the future chapters. I hope you are enjoying the story so far. Love you guys!