Risk

5 days later...

Lauren's POV

Im hanging out with Jaiden today. My family are constantly giving me a hard time since I hang out with him all the time. Usually I would let that phase me but today I just decided to ignore it. Since it's only my little brothers, Dani and my parents living in the house it isn't too crazy when I invite him over. So at least now that he's over today we can hang out without being hassled by one of my older sisters.

Me and Jaiden usually want to go out and do something but today we just wanted to hang out at my house. We decided to stay in and watch movies. We sat on the couch in my living room and sat for a few hours watching movies. Jaiden has this really nerdy obsession with Harry Potter so he forced me to watch it. We sat close together but remained a few inches apart. I have to admit that I actually liked it. After we had finished one of the movies he turned to me with a smirk on his face.

Jaiden- "Best first movie to a series ever huh?"
Lauren- "You are the biggest dork ever!"
Jaiden- "You loved it. You don't have to admit it. Just invite me over when you watch the rest of the movies and we will have a marathon. I'll even bring food next time." I laughed at his quick remark.

He seemed distracted when he reached his hand into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He opened a text which I tried to glance at but I couldn't see without making it obvious. I could tell it was someone he didn't want to hear from based on his annoyed expression when he read the text. I debated whether or not I should ask but then decided I would take my chances.

Lauren- "Everything okay?"
Jaiden- "Yeah it's just Lexi so I don't want to reply."
Lauren- "What happened between you two anyways? That day that we finally talked at Pizza Rev, you two seemed pretty upset with each other."
Jaiden- "When we dated we fought a lot but I thought that was okay because my parents thought she was great. But after we were together for a little while I realized that we just weren't good for each other. And when we broke up she tried to mend things between us and she was mad when I didn't want to fix things. So that's what we were arguing about."
Lauren- "What made you realize that you weren't good for each other?"
Jaiden- "I realized that even at my absolute best, I still wouldn't be good enough for her because she was the wrong person. And that eventually turned into me realizing that even when I'm at my absolute worst, I will still be worth it for the right person. She just wasn't the right person."

I didn't say anything right away, I just looked over into his hazel eyes. He began to speak again but before he did he inched closer to me. He turned to face towards me and rested his arm on top of the couch, behind my head.

Jaiden- "Tell me something. I feel like I'm always talking about me. I want to know more about you."
Lauren- "You want to know more about me?"
Jaiden- "Why do you sound so surprised?"
Lauren- "I'm the quiet one that listens to people. No one usually asks or cares enough to know."
Jaiden- "Well I care. So tell me something. Even if it's something that's insignificant. It doesn't matter... I just want to know you."
Lauren- "You do?" I said without meaning too. I didn't want those words to slip out of my mouth. It was just a surprised thought that ended up being verbalized. I felt stupid after asking that but he just looked me with genuine eyes and a serious face.
Jaiden- "Of course I do. I would be stupid too waste time not getting to know as much as I can about someone like you. There aren't many people like you..." He paused for a second before continuing. His tone was sweet and quiet.
Jaiden- "Don't sound so surprised next time. I care about you. You're important to me. That's why I want to know as much as I can about you."
Lauren- "How do you always know all the right things to say to me?"
Jaiden- "Because in these past few months that we have been becoming friends, I do know that you want people in your life who care about you. And I do. So please... don't forget that."

I don't know how I can let someone like him get to me so easily. I can admit it to myself, but no one else. I'm falling hard for him and I hate it. I hate the way that I let myself feel when he smiles at me or says something sweet to me. Even if he is being annoying, I can't help but smile when he talks to me.
All I feel as he inches closer to me is my heart painfully thudding against my chest. But even though I can admit to myself that I'm falling for him, I can't get myself to admit it to him. I have the fear of looking ridiculous.
If I admit that I have feelings for him that he doesn't have in return, I end up looking like the pathetic one that misread every situation. I don't know if telling him is worth the risk. He could just be a nice guy who is caring. He does flirt with me but he could just have a flirtatious personality. It may not be with just me.
But all I can think as we are sitting side by side, with our arms brushing against each other, is that I can't stop my feelings for him. He made it impossible to control. And this is why. His genuine words sank into my mind and stuck with me.
At least right now he is in my life. I don't know if taking the chance of losing him all together is worth the risk.

A/N
Let me know what you guys think in the comments below!(: I love hearing your feedback! Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far(: