Chances

~1 week later~

Jaiden's POV

My parents are out of town again as usual. I woke up late and haven't done anything productive. I've been laying around in sweats all day, watching movies and listening to music.
Right as I was about to put headphones in my ears I heard a knock at the front door. I wasn't expecting anyone so I was confused as I walked to the front door. I opened up my door to see Lauren on the other side.

Jaiden- "Hey." I said with a confused but happy look on my face.
Lauren- "Hey sorry were you sleeping?"
I looked down to see that I was still shirtless with only sweats on.
Jaiden- "No I just haven't gone out so I didn't change into anything haha. You want to come in?"
Lauren- "Yeah as long as your parents don't mind."

I still haven't told her about the argument that I had with my parents. I didn't want her to know what they said.

Jaiden- "They aren't even home so I don't think they will care." I said opening the door wider so she could enter.
Jaiden- "Let me run upstairs and grab a tank top really quick."
She smiled and waited for me as I ran upstairs and threw on a loose white tank top. I came back down to find her on my couch.
Lauren- "Sorry I just came over without asking. You may not have even wanted to hang out haha"
Jaiden- "No it's okay. You are one of the only people that I always want to hang out with." I side smirked over at her as I sat down close to her on the couch.
Lauren- "Your parents are gone a lot aren't they?"
Jaiden- "Yeah they prefer to be gone."
Lauren- "At dinner last week I had the feeling that they didn't like me."
Jaiden- "It's impossible to not like you." I said smiling at her.
I lied because I didn't want her to think they didn't like her.
Lauren- "You sure?"
Jaiden- "I'm sure. You're great, so there is no way that it's possible to not like you."

I tried to quickly change the subject so that she didn't continue asking questions. I didn't really like talking about my family anyways because we weren't like a real family. We were just like people who existed together because we have too, not because we want too.

Jaiden- "So I heard from a couple schools. There's finally bigger scholarship talk." I smiled at her widely while she excitedly started asking me questions.
Lauren- "What! No way! Where? What schools?!"
Jaiden- "Oregan state, Texas State and Alabama."
Lauren- "Oh my gosh your doing it! This is your dream isn't it? You've talked to me about those schools before that's insane!"
Jaiden- "I know! There's nothing on paper yet but I've talked to coaches on all 3 teams and in the next few months I will find out for sure if they want to commit to me. They have to have a verbal offering commitment in these next few months, so that's when I will find out for sure if I'm going to get the scholarships that they're offering."
I smiled widely at her, getting excited while talking about it. She leaned up off of the couch and threw her arms around my neck. She pulled me into a tight hug and I wrapped my arms around her waist. While she was hugging me she spoke, still having an excited tone.
Lauren- "I'm so happy for you. You deserve it."
Jaiden- "Laur nothing is final yet. They haven't officially offered me anything."
I laughed slightly. I had a stupid smile planted on my face because I wanted to stay this close to her. When I first met her, holding her in my arms was something I never thought I would have wanted. But I'm catching strong feelings for her each day that I talk to or spend time with her. She unwrapped her arms from around me and locked eyes with me.
Lauren- "But they are going to! They would be stupid not too. You're incredible. You're going to get it!" Her smile was wide and I couldn't help but let my smile grow as I looked at her. I sat there quiet for a second while looking back at her. Then my thoughts spilled out of my mouth.
Jaiden- "You're amazing, you know that?"
She smiled back at me, still looking in my eyes. She had deep brown eyes that lite up when she was happy or excited, just like they were right now.
Lauren- "You're not bad yourself." She said still smiling.

She bit her bottom lip and I could feel my heart starting to speed up. The second I saw her bite her lip,
I instantly wanted to kiss her. We were facing each other and I kept my eyes locked on hers until I started to inch closer to her. Every second I could hear that little voice in my head saying not to do it but I kept ignoring it. I noticed her slowly leaning in. I kept my voice quiet, nearly a whisper.

Jaiden- "Just say no if you want me to stop."

I leaned in, putting my hand on the back of her neck and pressing our lips together. She seemed unsure and tense at first, but then she slowly eased up. Our lips moved in sync. She pulled away slightly, but stayed close to me.

Lauren- "Jai.. What are we doing? I didn't think you felt anything between us."
Jaiden- "Of course I do. I just forced myself into acting like I felt nothing."
Lauren- "But you do...Feel something?"
Jaiden- "I felt something since you drove me home that day it was raining outside."
Lauren- "How come you never told me?"
Jaiden- "I was scared that you wouldn't feel the same?" I said it questioning if she did or not.

She crashed her lips against mine once more.

Lauren- "Does that answer your question?" She smiled at me and I smiled back.

I have to figure out a way to make this work. My parents hate her and I may be leaving soon, but I'll figure this out. She's worth it. 

Lauren's POV

He just told me about how he could be leaving for a scholarship. We could be together for months and then he could just leave to another state to go to college. It could be a stupid decision to be with him, but I'll take the chance of being left heartbroken if that means a time of unconditional happiness while he is here. This is the risk. And I'll take my chances.

A/N
Let me know what you guys think in the comments!(: I would love to know what you think of them as a couple!