My Name

~1 week later~

Lauren's POV

Today me and my sisters had to film a cover and do some other planning for the band. We sat down with our mom and manager to figure out dates to tour and started talking about when we want to release new music. It's super exciting for us to be planning all of this.

When we finished with the meeting I decided I wanted to go drive through somewhere and get some food. No one wanted to go so I grabbed the keys to the car and went by myself.

Even in August it rains in Nashville. It's like it never stops. Right now it was just a light drizzle but while we were in our meeting it was pouring rain.

I decided on going to Pizza Rev. It takes longer to get your food there since you have to walk in but it is so good. It was like a subway version of pizza.

As I walked in the door I noticed Jaiden sitting at one of the tables with some girl. They didn't look like they were having a pleasant conversation. I could tell he was mad and so was she.

As I ordered I kept looking over in their direction. I would only glance for a few seconds so I didn't look as creepy as I felt. But I don't think either of them noticed me staring in their direction because they were to busy arguing in a hushed tone, so that the people around them couldn't hear.

I finally ordered and walked to the other side to wait for my food. Once I had walked over to wait on my food, I noticed the girl Jaiden was with get up and storm out. Jaiden sat at the table with his hands rubbing the side of his head.

The lady who took my order called out my name to hand me food to-go. I took it from her and thanked her. I glanced back over in Jaiden's direction to see him still sitting in the same position. I debated whether or not to go over there and talk to him. He looked kind of upset and when people are upset they want one of two things, to be left alone or to talk about it.

I decided to take my chances and began to walk over to him. He didn't notice me until I was only a few feet away from him. He looked up at me with a straight face. But his eyes were different. His eyes last time revealed his annoyance with me. But right now his eyes showed something else. I'm not sure what that is yet, but I could tell it wasn't bad.

Lauren- "Hey." I said shyly because I wasn't sure how he would respond.
Jaiden- "Hey princess." His tone didn't reveal anything. It wasn't sarcastic and rude like last time, but it wasn't flirty either. He called me princess like it was my name. While I sat there stuck in this thought, I finally snapped out of it when he spoke up.
Jaiden- "Soo... You gonna sit down?"
He said letting out a small laugh and a cute side smirk formed on his face.
Lauren- "Yeah if you don't mind?" I said still shyly smiling.
Jaiden- "I don't mind the company." He said with that small side smirk still on his face, but I could still see that he was upset. I sat down at the seat across from him.
Lauren- "So how are you?"
Jaiden- "I'm good what about you?" He said as if he didn't just have an argument with that girl only a few minutes ago.
Lauren- "No I mean I saw you and that girl arguing. And I know it's none of my business but I just wanted to make sure you were okay."
Jaiden- "Yeah I'm fine. She's my ex and she just tends to come and go out of my life whenever she wants so I was just telling her it needed to stop."
Lauren- "It didn't seem like she took it very well."
Jaiden- "No that's why she left me here."
Lauren- "Oh you guys came here together? She just left you?"
Jaiden- "Yeah. She tends to do that a lot too."
Lauren- "Do you need a ride?"
Jaiden- "No I should be fine... But I better get going. I have a lot of school stuff to do."
Lauren- "Okay. I'll see you around."
Jaiden- "Yeah I'll see you around." He stood up and gave me a hug.

He headed out the door and I saw him flip the hood of his sweatshirt on. I walked outside a few minutes after him too see it pouring rain again.
He couldn't walk in this. Even if he lived close, he would be drenched by the time he got home. I saw him a little ways down the street so I got in my car and drove down his direction. As I got closer I pulled next to the sidewalk and rolled down my window.

Lauren- "Hey get in! I'll give you a ride."
Jaiden- "It's fine I only live about a mile away. I can walk."
Lauren- "Come on get in! I'm starting to look creepy!"

He looked at me and gave me a wide smile. It was the same smile he had with his friends at the bowling alley. He walked a few steps over and got in my car and shut the door.

We sat in silence for a couple minutes then he spoke up.

Jaiden- "Why are you being so nice to me?"
Lauren- "Why wouldn't I be nice to you?"
Jaiden- "Because I was acting like a jerk when I met you."
Lauren- "Well... you aren't acting like one right now."
Jaiden- "Don't get your hopes to high princess. I tend to disappoint people." There it was again. He keeps calling me princess as if it was my name. He doesn't stutter, he just says it. He told me where the final turn was and we turned into his neighborhood.
Lauren- "Why do you call me that?"
Jaiden- "Call you what?"
Lauren- "Princess. Why do you call me that?"
Jaiden- "It just seemed fitting. You seen to have it all together."
Lauren- "Well I don't. I'm normal. I'm not a princess. So you can call me Lauren."
I smiled while I pulled into his driveway. He unbuckled his seatbelt and looked over at me.
Jaiden- "Okay. No more princess. Just Lauren." He smiled at me.
Jaiden- "Thanks for the ride. I really appreciate it."
Lauren- "No problem. I'll see you later."
He flashed a flirtatious smirk at me.
Jaiden- "Yeah.. Maybe you can come cheer for me at my football game like you did last Friday." He said jokingly.
Lauren- "Hey who said cheering for you!? I could have been cheering for anyone out there. And how did you even know I was there?"
Jaiden- "Please Lauren. Just because I was rude to you doesn't make me blind. I can see when the cutest girl in the stands is cheering for me."
Lauren- "Ha! Okay!"
Jaiden- "Okay so while your in denial, just remember that I was really hoping that super cute girl would come again." He smirked at me while getting out of the car. I couldn't force the smile back so I bit my lip to try to prevent myself from blushing.

Lauren- "I thought you just said that you didn't like the cute girl in the stands?"
Jaiden- "Well I didn't at first. But I was wrong. She changed my mind."

A/N
Let me know what you guys think in the comments below!(: