Summer

Lauren's POV

We are officially in the last week of summer vacation. I know I'm homeschooled and I shouldn't be complaining since I don't actually have to go to school. But I enjoyed the 2 months of not doing any work besides band stuff.
Me and Dani are going to hang out with our friends Amanda and Rachel. They invited us to go bowling with them and some of their other friends. It was kind of like an end of summer hang out.
I just finished getting ready and Dani came in asking if I was ready to go. I said yeah and then grabbed the keys to our family car and told my mom we were leaving.
Dani and I haven't been bowling in a really long time so we were both really excited to go. We pulled into the parking lot and went inside and saw our friends. I knew everyone there except for these 2 guys that were already standing by the two lanes that we rented.
We walked with Amanda, Rachel, Megan and Scott down to the lanes where the two guys were standing. When we approached, the guys greeted us and introduced themselves.

The first guy spoke up and was really friendly.

"Hi I'm Dawson!" He greeted me with a wide smile. But it was the other boy that had my attention. He was tall, he had short, dark brown hair. He had tan skin and deep dimples at the corner of his smile. I decided I would introduce myself since he didn't seem like he would be anytime soon.

Lauren-"Hi I'm Lauren." I said with a warm smile.

Jaiden- "Jaiden" he said very short and quick. He then turned away from me and started walking back towards the lane.

It caught me off guard how short and cold toned he was. He wasn't anything like the Dawson who had greeted me only moments before. He didn't seem interested in knowing me at all.

I let it go thinking that maybe he was just shy. I know it shouldn't matter considering I don't even know him. But that's why it was weird. I hated the feeling that when anyone didn't like me. But he already didn't like me when he doesn't even know me. It made me question if I did something that could have been misinterpreted as rude. Maybe a facial expression or my tone? I snapped myself out of it and pushed it out of my mind, hoping that he was just shy.

This bowling ally was really cool. They had turned the regular lights off about halfway through our round and turned on the dark blue lights that made white glow and they also had neon lights on. Me and Dani were having a lot of fun joking around with our friends. I was really glad that Amanda invited us, I was having fun aside from the fact this guy Jaiden seemed to like everyone there except for me.
He would joke around and laugh with everyone else but as soon as he looked at me his facial expression would go blank.

We finally finished up our few rounds of bowling. I sucked, but I always suck at bowling so it's nothing new. But I really didn't care that much because I still had fun.
We went and returned the shoes that we rented while we were there and put our normal shoes back on.  Me and Dani walked out with everyone that we had been there with and said goodbye before we walked out to our car.

I had already said goodbye to everyone but Dawson and Jaiden. I hugged Dawson quickly saying goodbye and then walked over a little closer to Jaiden, unsure of what to do. He gave Dani a quick hug then stepped back and glanced at me.

He looked me up and down then met his eyes with mine. His hands were in the front pocket of his sweatshirt. He raised his eyebrows slightly as I just stood there still not sure of what to say, so I just gave him a small smile. He had looked at me with a straight face then finally spoke up.

Jaiden- "Later princess." He saidin a sarcastic, rude tone. He turned around and started walking Dawson's way to get to his car.
I turned to Dani and started walking with her to the car. I knew had a shocked, irritated look on my face. As soon as we were far enough away from everyone I immediately questioned what just happened.

Lauren- "Princess? Really? What is that even supposed to mean?" I said annoyed and confused at what just happened.
Dani- "Why the heck did that just happen? I'm so confused. Did you say something that I missed?"
Lauren- "No I don't even know him! Why is he nice to you and not me?"
Dani- "Well he called you princess."
Lauren- "Yeah in the most obnoxious way possible. It's not like he said it in a charming way."

Who is he? I did nothing to him and he was already a jerk... So typical. I look at him and think he's cute, then he ruins it with his obnoxious attitude.

Jaiden's POV

I started walking back to Dawson's car since we rode here together. When I first saw Lauren I didn't know what it was about her that made me instantly not want to be around her. I know I was rude but I wanted to make it clear that I didn't want anything to do with her.

I think it was because she comes in looking like little miss perfect. She probably had everything all figured out. I could tell just by looking at her that she was probably stuck up. Anyone who saw her could see that she was one of those girls.

I've dealt with enough self centered and stuck up girls. I don't need another.