I'm Here

Jaiden's POV

As I was driving out of my neighborhood I felt my phone vibrating. I immediately thought it was my mom and that she was going to yell at me to come back. But when I looked at the caller id I saw Lauren's name come up.
I tried to calm down before I answered because I didn't want her to think that something was wrong. I put on my best fake happiness, so that she would be unable to tell.

Jaiden- "Hey princess."
Lauren- "Hey. Can you come over?" I heard soft whimpering on the other end of the phone.
Jaiden- "Laur what's wrong?"
Lauren- "I just need you. I don't want to talk with anyone besides you. Are you able to come over?" I could hear her trying not to sound upset but I knew she was crying.
Jaiden- "Of course. I'll be right over. I'm only 5 minutes away."
Lauren- "Okay. Thanks Jai."

I drove over to her house quickly. It only took me a few minutes to get to her house. When I pulled up I noticed her parents weren't home. I knocked on the door and saw Lauren standing on the other side as she opened it. Her eyes were red and blood shot as if she had just stopped crying.

I don't know what's wrong but I knew that I had to put my own issues aside for her. I feel like part of being in a relationship is even when something in your own life sucks, sometimes you have to put that aside in order to fully be there for the person you are with. I can't fully devote my attention to Lauren if I'm selfishly thinking about my own problems. So as soon as I stepped into her house I tried to let everything that just happened with my mom go.

I don't think it's something that I would have done for many other people if I'm being honest. But her happiness is more important to me than my own.

We went upstairs to her room and I followed close behind her. She went and sat on her bed and I sat next to her after closing her door behind me.
Her eyes stared down at the floor, avoiding making contact with mine.

Jaiden- "What's wrong? " I put my arm around her and she let her head collapse against my shoulder. I could see her eyes still red and puffy.
Lauren- "I don't know why I'm so upset. I can't even figure it out, I just know that you are the only one I wanted to be with."
Jaiden- "Well, I'm here. Always. You don't have to know exactly why you are feeling this way, but no matter what's making you feel this way, it won't last forever."
Lauren- "I think I'm just feeling insecure. Everyone has a plan. You have a plan, my sisters have a plan, my friends have a plan, everyone knows what they are going to do except for me. Once the band ends I'm going to be at a loss. Everyone is going to be gone; off doing some great thing with their life while I'm here."
Jaiden- "You already are doing great things. You are going to figure it out. Life doesn't require a plan. It's not something you have to write down with a pen and paper. Sometimes you just have to stumble through it, until you figure out what you want. And that's okay."
Lauren- "How are you so sure that I'll figure it out?"
Jaiden- "You have been here to support me through everything with scholarships and football, things that are important for my life and my future. You have been the most caring, selfless person in my life. Even if helping me means putting distance between us. So I'm sure that everything will work out for you because I'm going to help you in every single way that I can. If you feel like crap and like you can't do it, I'm going to be here telling you that you can. I'll be here for you on your best days and your worst. And every other normal day in between. I'll help you through the big problems and the little ones, then stand back and cheer you on when you have accomplished what you want. The smallest accomplishments and the biggest ones..[Pause]... You are going to figure this out. I'm here to support you with whatever you need."

Lauren's POV

I wrapped my arms tightly around Jaiden. He pulled me close and held me after he had finished talking. I could feel that his body relax as he held me. Almost like he needed to be hugged more than I did.

Lauren- "What were you doing before you came here? I know you has to work early this morning, did I wake you up or anything?"
Jaiden- "No I wasn't sleeping. You didn't interrupt anything, don't worry." He smiled sweetly at me.
Lauren- "I can see it in your eyes that something is wrong. Tell me. We can have a bad day together."
Jaiden- "I just argued with my mom before I came here. Finally when I thought we were getting along, we fight again and it's just frustrating. But I'm really fine now. I just needed to get out of the house. So hopefully you don't mind me staying here for a couple of hours. Cause I don't really want to go home yet."
Lauren- "You can stay here as long as you want." I smiled at him and pecked his lips. He leaned in again after I pecked his lips, crashing his lips against mine. Our lips moved in sync, not slowly but not rushed or aggressive either. He put his hand on my lower back and pulled me closer. I put my hands on the back of his neck, entangling my fingers in his hair, deepening the kiss.
He pulled away and let out a small sigh. I rested my forehead against his, looking down at his lips. I noticed his eyes looked like they were closed and his mouth curved into a smile.

Lauren- "Did you do that as a distraction from our conversation about your mom?"
Jaiden- "Did it work?" He said smirking flirtatiously.
Lauren- "Maybe.." I said smirking back and pecking his lips.

I grabbed his hand as I stood up and pulled him up with me.

Lauren- "Let's go on a walk!" I said excitedly.
Jaiden- "Right now?" He said smiling,
Childlike at me.
Lauren- "Yeah come on babe! Let's go!"

He got up and we walked down the stairs and outside of my house.

I can only assume that him and his mom were arguing about our relationship. The other day when I was over at his house she made me feel like our relationship wouldn't ever last. So I'm guessing that she probably made a big deal about it with him too.

But I honestly don't care about what his mom thinks. Right now all I'm thinking about is spending time with him. Next month is when I find out if he leaves or stays. Deep down I know that he is leaving. So I'm going to spend the every second I can with him.

A/N
Let me know what you guys think in the comments below!