Trainwreck

Jaiden's POV

I've been in Texas for a few weeks now.  It's kind of weird to be in a completely different place, surrounded by people who I don't know at all. Football has been amazing and I love that I'm able to be here and get all of this experience.  I've been hanging out with some of the guys on the football team and getting close with a few of them.   

But even though I'm getting close with some of my team mates, my roommate and I are polar opposites.  He is on the football team too but we have nothing in common besides that.  He's wrapped up in things that I'm not interested in. We've only been here a week and every night so far he's come back wasted from partying.  Whenever I'm around him, he's trying to pick up girls in this cocky, arrogant way knowing he's just trying to play them.  The only place I really even talk to him is when I have to on the football field.

He's a jerk. If we ever do talk in our room we are usually saying something rude to each other.

I've been trying to call Lauren because we have hardly talked in these past few weeks. Every time I call she is busy with a show or rehearsal and every time she calls I'm training or trying to get stuff ready for my classes that are coming up.  It's like we can't even get a few minutes to spend talking to each other over the phone.  It's definitely not what I imagined it would be.

I decided to pick up my phone and try calling since I was going to have to leave soon.  After ringing for a while, it went to voicemail. Honestly I never thought distance would be this hard, this quick.  I looked down at my phone and hung up, disappointed because I miss talking to her.

I looked up when I heard the door open.  Great, Isaac's back already.  He looked at me condescendingly. This will probably turn into an argument like it normally does.

Isaac- "What's wrong pretty boy? Your girl dump you already?" He said looking down at my phone with a smile.

Jaiden- "Just get ready for practice dude. I don't need to talk to you about her."

I started changing into my practice stuff before I headed down to the locker room to get my pads. Isaac came over and leaned his back against our door, near where I was grabbing my stuff.  He turned his head slightly and he gave me an arrogant smirk.

Isaac- "She may not have dumped you yet but it's just a matter of time.  Every guy here that left a girl at home got dumped... But I've seen your girl. When you lose her I'll be there to go get her. She won't leave me. A pathetic guy like you is much easier to leave than a guy like me."

I turned around getting closer and raising my voice, trying not to punch him even though I wanted too.

Jaiden- "What the hell is your problem dude?! You don't even know me!"

Isaac- "You're a rich boy. You don't need to be here! Go back home! I don't want you here and there are plenty of other people who feel the same way!"

Jaiden- "What makes you so good that you deserve to be here more than me? We both got here because we worked hard for it. Don't discredit me for anything I did! I deserve to be here just as much as you do!"

Isaac- "You want to know what bugs me about you is that you grew up in a perfect little family, with money and everything that you need. Most of us out here needed the scholarship cause our families can't afford to send us to school! You got it all already and you just took a scholarship from some other kid who could have used it."

Jaiden- "You don't know anything about me. You know what you've heard and that's it! So quit assuming things and back off... And you can have a problem with me, but don't ever talk about my girl again." I started grabbing my football bag so I could walk out but before I did he wanted to slide I. One more comment.

Isaac- "Whether I like you or not doesn't change the fact that you're going to get dumped anyways. I would know, I thought just the way you did when I came here last year... Hey who knows, maybe when you do get dumped you can come learn to have fun with me and some of the other guys."

Jaiden- "I'm good. I don't need to get wasted and hook up with girls who I won't even remember the names of the next day like you do." I opened the door and he grabbed it, stopping it as I walked out.

Isaac- "Look I don't like you but I feel bad for you because you're just as naive as I was. So I'm going to give you a pass. And when you break up... The teams got your back and we will show you that our single lifestyle is way better then the one that you've got. Cause it's a downhill spiral that your on right now. It's going to end in a train wreck."

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room and started heading down to the field.

The whole walk down I started thinking about me and Lauren. What if I am just asking for trouble by being in this relationship?

It's so annoying that a guy who I barely even know can just insinuate that every person who leaves gets dumped and now I'm paranoid about my relationship with Lauren. What if long distance doesn't work even when I thought it would?

When I finish college and go back home, I don't have anyone but her. I don't love or trust anyone back home the way I do with her. She's all I have.

Isaac's stupid comment has thoughts spinning in my head. This can't be the train wreck that he said it will be.

A/N
Let me know what you guys think in the comments below! I love hearing what you guys have to say!(: