Sorry

Jaiden's POV

Lauren- "Please Jai. Give me a reason to leave him. Tell me what you know about him being a bad guy... Because I want to be with you...[Pause]... You gave me a picture when you left and gave me a choice. You said if I wanted out of the relationship then all I had to do was give the picture back to you. But you said if I was happy with you, then I should keep it and you would know. I kept it because I want you. So you have a choice now too. You can tell me to stay with Noah, and I'll know that you don't want to be with me anymore. Or you can tell me to leave him, and I will because I love you. I never wanted anyone besides you. So now its your choice."

I sat there staring blankly at her. When I didn't reply right away she spoke up.

Lauren- "Jai... Please just say something." She paused and looked up at me. Her eyes were shinning due to the glossy look over them. I was a sucker for her eyes. I always have been, and right now is no exception.

Lauren- "If you want me to leave I will..." She said very quietly.

Jaiden- "I don't want you to leave." I said quietly, tearing my eyes from hers because I knew I wouldn't be able to focus if I kept them locked.

Lauren- "So then what do you want?"

Jaiden- "I just want for us to be happy. I want you to be happy and I want myself to be happy."

Lauren- "I want that too." She paused for a moment still looking at me while I looked away.

Lauren- "Are you saying you don't think we could be happy together? You want to be happy apart?" I looked over at her now to see sadness wash over her face. She spoke quietly in a sad tone.

Lauren- "If you want me to leave, all you have to do is say those words, and I'll go. But I love you and I really hope you know that. I made a big mistake and I really wish I could take it back. You're the only person I want to be with. But if you are still upset with me or if you don't want to be with me anymore, just tell me to leave and I will." I locked eyes with her once more and lost the control I had only seconds ago.

I pressed my lips against hers. I think she was caught off guard because of how tense she seemed at first, but she slowly eased up. I moved my hand up to her cheek as we both leaned into the kiss more.

After a few moments I pulled away just enough to speak.

Jaiden- "Does it seem like I'm still upset?"

The corners of her mouth curved into a small smile and she crashed her lips against mine once more. When we pulled away I continued.

Jaiden- "I'm not leaving again. And I don't want you to leave either... So stay. If you want a reason to leave him I can only give you one... I love you and I don't want you to be with him. I'm selfish and I'm okay with admitting that I don't want you to be with anyone else besides me." I looked into her eyes and ended up pecking her lips again.

Jaiden- "I know we can figure this out as long as you want too. So my reason for you to leave him is because I want to be with you more than anything. But I only want you to be with me if you know that this is what you want. I don't want to be the couple that is always off and on. I want to be with you through thick and thin."

Lauren- "I want to be with you too. For good, through everything."

Lauren's POV

A wide smile grew on his face as he bit his bottom lip. I put my hand on his knee brace that supported his hurt knee.

Lauren- "Are you okay with this?" I said with my hand still placed on his knee as he knew I was talking about his injury. His smile only faded slightly but then returned.

Jaiden- "I am."

Lauren- "What does this mean for college? You're still going back next semester aren't you?"

Jaiden- "No I'm not. I signed a deal that if I was to be permanently injured to where I wasn't able to return than 75% of my scholarship would be pulled. So now I only have partial financial support."

Lauren- "So what does that mean then?"

Jaiden- "It means I'm staying here. I'll go to school in Tennessee where I can commute and I don't have to pay out of state tuition." He said with a smile on his face. I looked at him surprised.

Lauren- "You're not sad? I thought this was what you wanted... to go to Texas so you could play football."

Jaiden- "I hated Texas. I didn't have anyone down there, the days were so long, and I couldn't focus on school. I went to Texas because I thought I would be better off but I wasn't. So honestly I'm not sad at all. I didn't want to be there anymore and now I don't have to be."

I smiled up at him and then looked down at the ground. I paused for a second, then looked back at him.

Lauren- "I need to talk to Noah..."

Jaiden- "I know... Go." He said with a small smile on his face.

I got up so I could walk out the door. I pulled out my phone and took the phone case off of it. Folded in half in the back of my phone case was the picture Jaiden gave me.

Lauren- "Noah was never my choice. It was always you. That's why you never got this back and its why you still won't. I'm sorry I-" He cut me off mid sentence

Jaiden- "Stop saying you're sorry. You don't have to be. And I don't want you to be."

A/N

Let me know what you guys think in the comments below! I love hearing what you guys have to say. The story is almost over so I hope you enjoy these last updates(: