Belongs To Him

Jaiden's POV

I got back home yesterday and so far I haven't seen anyone from my family. As usual, my mom and dad aren't home and they wont be back for Thanksgiving. But my brother Scott is coming over and staying here for the week. He should be getting her anytime now.

I miss him. Even though I've always been jealous that he's gotten so much attention from my parents, he's actually always been really supportive of everything I do. So I'm excited to see him and just hang out.

He knows more about my life than my parents do. After Lauren and I broke up I talked to him a lot about it. He knows what it's like when relationships end, so he always knew what to say to make me feel better. He helped me figure out how to work past the different feelings I had towards her.

I heard the front door open and I walked down the hall to see my brother.

Scott- "Hey little bro! What's up! I missed you man!" He said while dropping his bags and throwing a hug around me.
Jaiden- "Hey I missed you too!" I said returning the hug with a huge smile on my face.
Scott- "What are you up too? How are things going in Texas?" He said excitedly while we walked into the other room to sit on the couch.
Jaiden- "It's good! It's a lot of work and it's definitely a big change but it's good!" I forced myself to sound a lot happier than I actually was. I mean don't get me wrong, I am liking it a lot but there's also a lot of things I don't like.
Scott- "I've been watching all of your games that they broadcast online. You're killing it! ... Now I've just got to go see it in person!" He said pulling out plane tickets from his back pocket. I grabbed the tickets from him with a huge smile on my face.
Jaiden- "You're coming to Texas?!"
Scott- "Duh! I can't just keep watching these games online! I've got to see you in action myself!"
Jaiden- "When do you come out?"
Scott- "You're first game back in January, after you get back from Christmas break."
Jaiden- "Thank you so much man. I can't wait to see you in the stands. I haven't had anyone come to my games yet so I'm super excited!"

We continued talking for a while before Scott decided he was going to go take a shower and move his stuff up to his old room. I told him that while he was settling in I would run and get us some take out for dinner. So as soon as he went upstairs I grabbed his car keys and went to go get the food.

I decided to pick up food from this popular little place in Nashville. It was a bbq takeout restaurant that wasn't to far from my house.

I pulled into the full parking lot and found a spot towards the back. I walked into the restaurant quickly because it was starting to get cold outside. When I got inside I walked up to the pick up counter to give the woman my name.

Jaiden- "Hi I have a take out order for Jaiden Beckham." She smiled and turned around to go get my food. While she went to grab my bag I heard someone call my name.

Dani- "Jaiden?" I heard Dani call in a happy tone. I turned around to see her smiling face. I smiled back, happy to see her.
Jaiden- "Hey! What's up Dani!" I said excitedly.
Dani- "Nothing much me and Lisa are just here picking up food for everyone."
Jaiden- "Lisa's here too? I feel like I haven't seen you guys in so long!"
Dani- "Yeah she's outside waiting in the car. I just got told to come so she didn't have to walk in haha." I laughed and smiled because I missed their family. Breaking up with Lauren was kind of like losing a lot of great people along with her.
At that moment the woman came back and handed me my food. I stepped aside so that the next person could pick up their stuff but I stayed next to Dani since we were still talking.

Dani- "So how long are you back?"
Jaiden- "Just a week, then I go back to Texas for 3 weeks, then I'm back in Nashville for Christmas Break for a month."
Dani- "So I might actually get to see you around a little bit more in these next couple of months?"
Jaiden- "Yeah! I'll be back a lot in these next few months so we're bound to run into each other again." I laughed slightly to myself before I continued. "I guess now that me and Lauren broke up we aren't really supposed to be friends anymore." I said a little disappointed since I got close to Lauren's family while we were dating.
Dani- "Well it would probably get a little awkward at times... But if we're keeping this between us, just know that me and my family like you way more than we like Noah."
Jaiden- "Lauren has good judgment. I'm sure he's a good guy."
Dani- "No Lauren had good judgment when she was with you. She just got lonely when you were gone so her judgment is clouded. Noah isn't that great of a guy. He's a jerk actually."
Jaiden- "How is he jerk?"
Dani- "He's fake. He puts on this persona like he's a good guy in front of Lauren but then flirts with other girls. Sometimes he's even a jerk to Lauren's face. He has a conniving way of putting her down without saying anything directly rude that he could be called out on."
Jaiden- "How long has it been like that?"
Dani- "Since before they even started dating." I looked down at the floor and back up at Dani.
Jaiden- "Maybe he will get better. Time can change a person right?"
Dani- "Yeah I guess it can." I paused for a second and then spoke up.
Jaiden- "Well I guess I better get going. My brother is probably waiting."
Dani- "Alright well it was good to see you."
Jaiden- "It was good to see you too." Tell your family I said hi." I smiled and nodded my head to say goodbye. Before I walked away she got my attention one last time.
Dani- "Jaiden." She stated loud enough to stop me from leaving. I looked up at her waiting for her to say something.
Dani- "She still loves you. I know it might not seem like it, but she does... And if you ever tell her that I told you that, I'll have to kill you." She said smirking at me. I smiled back gently and laughed slightly.
Jaiden- "Like I said Dani, time can change a person. Maybe time has changed where her heart lies."

I truly believe that Lauren is over me. It took me a long time to accept that. I can't let myself think for even a second that Lauren might love me, because I know she doesn't.

Time did change us, just like the distance changed us.

Time has shown that my heart still belongs to her. But time also shows that her heart no longer belongs to me. It belongs to him.

A/N
Let me know what you guys think in the comments below! I love reading what you have to say!(: