Mud

3 weeks later

Lauren's POV

I'm out with Jaiden at the football field. He has been super stressed about scouts so he's been practicing non stop. He had a half day at school and just got out an hour ago and he already wanted to practice. There is no one here besides the two of us so I've been sitting on the bench while he's been doing running drills. After he finished he jogged over to me.

It has been raining a lot lately and around the football field is this dirt covered area that turned into mud because of the weather. When he got close to me he slipped in this area where loose dirt was and he fell into the mud.

Lauren- "Oh my gosh! HAHAHAHAHA!"
He started laughing as he got up out of the mud. He almost slipped again as he got up and it made me laugh even harder.
Jaiden- "Oh you think that's funny?" He said with an evil smirk on on his face.

He had mud covering his shoes and all up his back and legs. He was wearing a white T-shirt that was now completely ruined by the mud. He started walking towards me and stuck his hand out that also had mud on them.

Jaiden- "Come on. I need a hug after falling!" He said while laughing and I started backing away.
Lauren- "No Jai! You are covered in mud! Stay away from me!"
Jaiden- "No way!"
I started moving away from him quicker than I had before. As I was trying to avoid him by running away I slipped in the same puddle that he did that was off to the side of the football field. I landed on my side and I could feel mud covering me.

Jaiden- "Oh my gosh! Hahaha that's even better than me getting mud on you myself!"

Jaiden's POV

I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that Lauren fell in the same mud puddle right after I did.

Jaiden- "Oh my gosh! Hahaha that's even better than me getting mud on your myself!"

After I said it she gave me the puppy dog eyes that I couldn't resist. I felt bad so I reached my hand out to help her up. As soon as I did she pulled me down into mud with her.

Lauren- "Hahaha! I can't believe you fell for that! You are WAY too easy!"

I grabbed a handful of mud and smeared it on her.

Lauren- "Ahhh babe what are you doing?!"
Jaiden- "I could ask you the same thing! Princess' are not supposed to play in the mud!"
Lauren- "It's not by choice! It's because of my dumb boyfriend!" She said laughing and throwing mud at me as she got up and ran away.
Jaiden- "Oh that's it!"

I got up and chased after her. When I caught up to her I grabbed her from behind wrapping my arm around her waist.

Lauren- "Ahhhh! Jai! Let me go!" She squealed as she let out a loud burst of laughter.
Lauren- "How am I supposed to get in your car if I'm covered in mud!"
Jaiden- "If I have mud splattered in my face so will you!"

When we were done annoying each other and laughing at how ridiculous we both looked we started making our way to my car.
We stood outside trying to scrape the mud off but no matter what my car was going to be filthy.

Lauren- "My mom is going to kill me if I walk in our house covered in mud! She is too clean for that Hahaha"
Jaiden- "We are never going to be able to get all of this off! Haha let's just go back to my house and you can take a shower so then your mom won't get mad."
Lauren- "Won't your mom get mad when we track mud all through her house?"
Jaiden- "No she'll be fine. I don't even think she is home."

We got in the car and started driving back to my house. My seats and floors were covered in mud the minute we got in.

Lauren- "Jai I feel so bad! As soon as I shower I'm going to clean the inside of your car."
Jaiden- "Stop! You don't have to clean it, I can do it! Haha"

She flipped down the visor in my car to look in the mirror. She started laughing as soon as she saw her reflection.

Lauren- "Oh my gosh! Hahahaha Jai! You covered me in mud! There is dry mud all over my face."
Jaiden- "And you still look hot as ever, even covered in mud." I said with a side smirk on my face. She reached across the center console and slapped my arm as she smiled and rolled her eyes.

We pulled up into my driveway and got out of the car. When we walked up to my house we took our shoes and socks off and left them on the front porch. We had a hose right by the front door so we washed our feet and lower legs so that we didn't leave any mud on the carpet.

I opened my front door and walked in as Lauren followed right behind me.

Jaiden- "Let's go upstairs and I'll grab you some clothes so that you can shower and change. Then well throw our stuff in the washing machine."
Lauren- "Okay. Is your mom home? I haven't seen her since dinner that night and it would be kind of awkward to see her looking like this."
Jaiden- "I don't think so. It's fine don't worry." I smiled gently at her, trying to reassure her.

We walked up the stairs and I walked into my room. I went to my closet to try and find clothes that would be huge on her. I pulled out a red sweatshirt and dark grey sweats for her. I walked over to my bed where she was sitting and handed her the clothes.

Jaiden- "Sorry I know these are still going to be big. These are the smallest clothes I have."
Lauren- "These are fine!" She smiling and pecking my lips.
She walked out of my room and straight across the hall into my bathroom. I made my way back to my closet and grabbed more clothes. I didn't want to wait to take a shower so I made my way down to the other end of the hall to use our other bathroom.

When I finished showering I changed into my black Adidas sweats and a black and white sweat shirt. I walked out of the bathroom and back down to my room. Lauren was still in the bathroom so I sat in my room waiting. I heard somebody walking into my room and I lifted my head thinking it was Lauren.

Lynda- "Oh hey. I thought you were in the bathroom."
Jaiden- "No I just got out of the shower."
Lynda- "Who is in the bathroom then?"
Jaiden- "Lauren. We were out at the football field and we got super dirty in the mud, so she's taking a shower."
Lynda- "Oh okay. Why were you in the mud?"

Just as my mom finished talking Lauren walked in my room. She was holding her jacket and pants that were covered in mud.

Lauren- "Oh hi Mrs. Beckham. It's really nice to see you."
Lynda- "It's nice to see you too sweetheart. Do you want me to take your clothes and throw them in the washer?"
I was surprised at my moms surprisingly nice response.
Lauren- "Are you sure? I don't want to be to much trouble."
Lynda- "No don't be silly it's not too much trouble! Would you want to stay for dinner tonight? It's just going to be Jaiden and I so we'd love if you joined." She smiled sweetly after. I was still confused and surprised. This was a complete 180.
Lauren- "Yeah I would love too. Thank you so much."

My mom walked out of the room with our mud-covered clothes. Lauren looked at me with her eyebrows raised and a surprised smile.

Jaiden- "What just happened?" I said half smiling at her and letting out a surprised laugh.
Lauren- "I don't know. But I'm going to win your mom over." She smiled at me biting her bottom lip.

Tonight should be interesting. Hopefully, I don't regret bringing her over her when my mom was home.