chapter 14

"Julie wakeee uppp!" A sudden push on my stomach wakes me up and I squeal.

"What?" I mumble. I don't need to do the casual rubbing of the eyes or yawning considering I am wide awake now.

"I am really hungry." My eyes adjust and see I am speaking to James.

"You are?" I ask him. He nods.

"Is anyone else awake?" I ask him. "What time is it?"

Being awoken like that kinda tripped me up and now I feel weird.

"I don't know." He says.

I look around and see Daniel still asleep on the floor halfway under a table. Tatiana is asleep and sprawled out next to me.

James is sitting next to me with pleading eyes.

"Okay I will go look in the kitchen to go see if there is any more pizza." I say to him.

He jumps up smiling wide.

"Pizza for breakfast?" He whispers excitedly.

I stand up and shuffle to the kitchen.

I open the doors and find a person sitting on one of the bar stools. I immediately recognize him as the mysterious figure from last night.

"Oh hello." I say alarmed.

"Hello." He replies.

I am mezmerized by his presence.

He has chocolate brown eyes, tan skin, a very nice jaw line, and brown hair.

"I am Julie." I say to him holding out my hand.

"My name is Charlie." He says. He shakes my hand.

"Nice to meet you Charlie." I slowly say trying to sound less awkward as possible.

"Can I help you find something?" He asks. He has not looked away from my eyes since I had walked in.

"Umm is there any pizza in here?"

"Hungry?" He says deeply. The hair on my arm stands on end making me a little uncomftorable.

"Actually no." I say. "Its for Jacks little brother."

"Jack?" He asks.

"Gilinsky." I reply.

"Ahh yes." He says. "Aren't they just little bundles of energy."

"Uhh yeah I babysit them." I say.

"Oooh I'm sure Jack loves that." He says looking at me up and down.

"Uhh okay." I reply uncomftorably. I walk over to the fridge hoping to cut the conversation short.

I open it and find a box of pizza. I grab it and turn around coming face to face with Charlie.

"Oh hello there." I say awkwardly. I slide to the right and quickly move past him. As I open the door to the kitchen I accidently hit someone.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry!" I look around the door and see Jack Gilinsky holding his nose.

"It's fine." He says in a squidward voice. "I didn't think anyone was awake."

He looks at me funny as I help him up.

"What?" I finally ask him. I step back to give him a little space to stand up and bump into someone. I turn around and there is Charlie in the doorway.

"Oh, yeah I met Charlie." I say to Jack.

"Charlie?" He asks confused.

"Yeah." I look up at Charlie. "This is Charlie."

Jack looks even more confused which is making me pretty uneasy. He finally makes an 'O' with his mouth and nods.

"Oh right! Yeah hey Charlie." Jack says.

"Hey Jack." He says. "Was just helping Julie find the pizza for James." He grabs me from the back of my waist which makes me jump a little, and moves me out of the way.

"Well I have to go run some errands." Charlie says walking to the door. "It was nice meeting you Julie." He winks and closes the door.

I look at Jack and he is just staring at the door.

"Hello? Earth to Jack." I wave my hand in front of his face and looks at me. His nose is bleeding and I gasp.

"What?" He asks.

"Your nose." I say. "Let me give James this pizza, I will meet you in the kitchen so I can help you clean up." He nods and I go into one of the many living rooms.

James is sitting on the floor playing with an IPad.

"James." I whisper. Everyone is still asleep. I still don't even know what time it is. He turns over to me and his eyes go wide. He grabs the pizza and starts devouring it.

"Okay I will leave you, you little monster." I say disgusted and a little freaked out.

I go into the kitchen and see Jack sitting on the stool Charlie was sitting on. He is on his phone, he is so into it that he didn't even see me walk in.

"Jack?" I am a little weirded out and confused by what's going on.

"Huh? What? Oh hey." He smiles.

"What happened out there?" I finally ask him.

"What do you mean?" He shakes his head.

I grab a towel from one of the cabinets and dampen it.

"You got all weird when you saw Charlie." I say. I don't blame him, so did I.

"I did?" He asks. "I don't think so."

"Yeah you did, its like you didn't even recognize him."

"I don't know what you are talking about. I recognized him." He says. I place the towel on his nose and he holds it.

"Well. Jack. I hope you know I am suspicious of you." He looks at me out of the corner of his eye.

"Of me?"

"Yeah. You are acting very weird. So are your friends. This place doesn't make any sense. Charlie doesn't make any sense. No one."

He takes a deep breathe. I hope that means he will finally spill the beans and tell me what is really going on around here.

"Yeah Julie I think maybe we should leave." He says. "I think you need a good nights rest."

My mouth is gaped open. He denied it! He thinks I am hallucinating everything? Oh that does it.

"No I do not need a good nights rest. I am perfectly fine." I say angrily. "All I am asking is that you tell me who that was."

"Who?" He asks looking at me almost as confused as I am.

"'Charlie'" I hold up quotations next to his name.

"That is Charlie." I see a bead of sweat fall down his forehead.

"Really?" I ask. "You aren't lying to me?"

He shakes his head hesitatntly.

"Fine." I shrug my shoulders and leave the kitchen.

"Julie." I hear him call my name. I brush it off. I seriously need to leave this place, its giving me a headache.

I open the door and leave.

----------------------------------

heyyy guuuyys!! I haven't updated in so long omg & I am soo sorry! I am so happy to see all the messages and comments and votes and all the good stuff! I am really happy that you guys are enjoying this story.

I will try to definitely update more than I have been :)

Love you guys!