chapter 25

I wake up the next morning. The whole night seemed like a blur. I remember hanging out with Leah and Tatiana, eating pizza, watching movies, and talking. But I don't remember it actually happened. I find myself sleeping on the floor, still fully dressed, next to Tatiana. She is in her pjs and under a blanket. I stand up and stretch as hard as I can. Leah is sleeping in her bed. I notice the huge window letting in a lot of light. The view is breathtaking. The sun is coming up over the water and the ocean is as calm as can be. I decide to go and take a walk.

I walk downstairs and see no one around. Everyone else must be asleep still. I go out the back door as quiet as I can and let my toes sink into the sand. It is so warm already.

I start walking along the beach, occasionally avoiding the jellyfish and crabs.

"Julie what are you doing?" I turn around and see Leah.

"Oh just taking a walk." I reply. "It is beautiful out here."

"Its okay." She says, walking next to me.

"Okay?" I ask astonished. "Its amazing!"

"Well, I think its just because I am used to it. When I went to L.A. I thought it was beautiful and amazing because I am not used to that scene."

I nod in understandment.

"Yeah I get that." I say. "But you have to appreciate this."

I slightly point to a boy running down the beach shirtless. He looks at us and winks.

"Oh yeah." Leah says. "He doesn't look like hes from around here. Probably a tourist."

"Ooh." I say biting my lip. "Anyway." I snap back into reality and continue walking.

"What do you and Tatiana like to do for fun?" Leah asks.

"Actually, one thing that I really want to do while I am here is scuba diving." I tell her.

"Okay cool! Thats perfect because I have a ton of suits that we can use." Leah smiles.

We are walking along the beach when in the distance I can see a stand thats selling shave ice.

"Oh my gosh that looks so good!" I look at Leah.

"Want some?" She asks.

"I don't have any money." I tell her.

"Don't worry, I know the guy." She smiles. We walk over to the stand and see a very attractive guy running it.

"Hey Leah!" His face lights up when he sees her.

"Hey Seth!" She smiles. "This is Julie."

"Hi Julie." He says. "What can I do for you beatiful ladies this morning."

I look at Leah and she blushes.

"Julie is from L.A and has never had pure authentic hawaiian shave ice."

"Aahh here on vacation?" He asks me.

"Yeah." I reply.

"Well here." He hands me a red shave ice.

"What flavor is it?" I ask.

"Its cherry. It's the most popular flavor around here." He says.

I look down at the bright red colored ice. I can feel my mouth start to water.

I take a bite of the shave ice. Crunch it a little bit and smile widely.

"Good?" He asks.

"Amazing." I reply, taking another bite.

"So, Leah?" Seth turns toward her.

"Yeah?" She smiles.

"Umm, what are you, I mean, are you...?" He stumbles on his words and rubs his buzzed cut head.

Leah looks at me out of the corner or her eye and I just smile slightly.

"What are you doing later?" He finally asks.

"I was going to take Julie scuba diving- " She starts to say.

"But we could always do that later if you guys wanted to hang out." I butt in.

"Are you sure?" She asks.

"Yeah, Tatiana and I can go into the town and shop. You go have fun!" I say, taking another bite of my shave ice.

"Okay, well I'm taking my cart back in about 10 minutes so if you want to hang out here with me until then, we can go do something?" He says.

"Sure, I can hang here." She smiles.

"Okay well I'll leave you two, and I'm going to walk back to the house." I raise my eyes at Leah.

"Okay I'll text you later." Leah says.

"Nice to meet you Seth. Thanks for the shave ice." I wave.

"Bye!" They both say at the same time. I start walking to the house when I feel my phone buzz in my pocket.

I look down and my heart skips a beat and my palms start sweating.

We need to talk.

-----------------------------------

I FINALLY UPDATED OMG !!! I'm sorry ive been gone for so long! I hope to update more soon!