Chapter 26

As soon as I lay my eyes on the text.. I feel like the weight of my body triples and I start sinking down into the sand.

I hold off on replying and continue walking to the house.

As I approach the back deck area, I see Tatiana sitting down in a chair drinking coffee and eating a breakfast sandwich. She looks up at me and smiles, egg in her teeth. But her smile then fades.

"Whats wrong?" She pulls the chair up next to her and I sit in it.

"You're never going to believe who texted me this morning."

She raises an eyebrow.

"Jack."

"Jack J?" She asks with a hopeful voice.

I shake my head.

"Jack Dail." She asks one last time as she crosses her fingers.

I give her a 'you know' look.

"That Jack." She looks down at her sandwich.

"Yup."

"Well what'd he say?"

"We need to talk."

"That's it?"

"Yeah."

"Have you responded?"

"What am I supposed to say? How dare he not talk to me for almost a month and then all of a sudden pop back into my life like this. He doesn't deserve a response."

"You're not at all curious about what he has to say? What if he broke things off with Madison?"

"I really don't care anymore. It's been so nice being solo."

"Well, if you want my advice, I suggest, you stalk some social media."

"What?"

"If you want to know what's going on in someones life without them knowing you literally just stalk their social media, like twitter and insta gram." She explains.

"How do you know that'll work?" I ask her.

"Because thats how I found out Sammy was cheating on me." She says.

"You don't know for sure that he was cheating on you. You just saw a pic of him and another girl after he said he was hanging with his friends." After saying it aloud, I realize it does kinda sound like cheating.

"Hmm." She takes a sip from her coffee.

"Okay fine lets look." I give in and pull out my phone.

"Do you know Madistanks username?" She asks.

I smile at the nickname.

"I don't know lets just look at Jack's account on instagram and see what he could be tagged in."

I scroll through until I find Jack's username. After clicking on his profile I decide to just look at his pictures.

One picture in particular catches my eye.

Four boys standing together. Jack, Jack J, Sammy, and that one super hot guy I met, Charlie.

Except when I pressed on the photo to see who was tagged, it wasn't the name Charlie that popped up.

"Cameron Dallas?" I read aloud.