chapter 30

About an hour goes by of Tatiana and I chatting like normal on the porch, when Leah comes up from the beach.

"Hey girls!" She says with a wide smile.

"Hey!" Tatiana and I say in unison.

"How'd it go with Seth?" I ask.

"He's great. I have a huge crush on him, we walked on the beach and just talked and he was holding my hand.." Her eyes and sentence trail off dreamily.

"Leah?" I smile as she snaps back into reality.

"He kissed me!" She exclaimed.

"Really?? Omg Leah that's so cute!!" Tatiana squeals.

"You guys would be so completely adorable together." I agree.

"We've known each other for such a long time, but I hadn't started feeling this way until about a year ago." Leah explains.

"A year? Why haven't you made your move?" Asked Tatiana.

"Because of my dad." Leah sighs. "He really kind of sees us as siblings because we're so close and everything. He wouldn't understand if I told him that Seth and I are secretly in love."

"I'm sure he would if you just calmly explained it to him." Tatiana says. "One time I had a crush on this boy and I found out that this new girl who came to our school had hooked up with him and the girl & I had just happened to become slight friends. So I tricked her by telling her he was a my brother and that if she hooked up with him again we wouldn't be friends, just so the guy was single and I knew he wasn't doing anything."

Leah and I stare at Tatiana.

"The words that come out of your mouth.." I begin to say. "I just don't understand. That literally had nothing to do with what we were talking about."

Tatiana shrugs her shoulders.

I shake my head and look at Leah. She's just as confused as I am.

"I say take it slow. Once you feel comfortable talking to your dad about it, then you should. Listen to your gut, but don't wait too long either." I put my hand on her shoulder.

"You're right." She weakly smiles. "You never know where this could lead, I could end up hating him as a boyfriend and only loving him as a best friend."

I could tell that it was hard for her to say that. She's obviously in love with Seth.

"Anyway!" Leah claps her hands. "What do you guys want to do today? We could snorkel, go to the town and shop, go for a drive, whatever!"

I look at Tatiana. "You know I always love shopping." She smiles.

"Cool! It's a little ways down the road so we would have to drive." Leah says. "Let's get ready and head over!"

—————————————————

Hey guys! I'm so sorry I've literally been gone for YEARS, no but it definitely feels like it and I'm very sorry! I hope to maybe update more! Stick with me!