chapter 32

"There's food everywhere." My eyes wander from plate to plate at all the choices.

"My eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach." Tatiana looks at me and we smile.

Tatiana, Leah and I fill our plates with as much food as we can and walk back to our table.

The lua we're at, is right on the beach. The stage up front has a small band playing music to fit the tropical mood.

I can hear the waves lap onto the beach in the background, making me smile.

"So," Leah says, "I always talk about Seth and I blah blah blah, what about you guys?"

"What about us?" I ask.

"Any boys at home you got your eyes on?"

I raise an eyebrow. I guess we really never talked to Leah about what happened.

"Well." I take a bite of my bread and think about how I want to say what I'm going to say.

"I don't have a boyfriend," Tatiana blurts out. "Although, if I meet a nice island boy while I'm here, I may just have to stay and never go back to my responsibilities."

"That's a mood." Leah laughs. "What about you Julie."

"I had.. some.. sort of a relationship, a little while back." I start to say.

"Some sort?"

"It's really hard to explain, the whole story." I chuckle. "But I mean I got a guys number the other day and he's really cute and all so who knows!"'

"That's cool!" She says. "I'd like to hear that story some day."

I weakly smile and nod my head.

"Hello everyone!" A voice from a microphone comes from the stage, making us all look over.

"Hope you're enjoying your food!" He laughs.

He begins talking about the property and the food and then he asks for some volunteers.

"Me!!" Tatiana shoots her hand in the air.

"Come on up!" He motions her over and she runs up.

"I wish I had her confidence." Leah Says.

"Sometimes I do too but, she's a little too out there." I laugh. "You should go up there with her."

Leah looks at me with wide eyes. "Me?"

I nod my head. "Why not?"

She looks at the stage, then back at me, then at the stage again. "You're right."

She shoots her hand in the air as well.

The guy on the stage notices and motions her up.

"See yah!" She smiles and goes up on stage.

I laugh while watching them hula on stage. Leah is like a pro, but Tatiana standing next to her, not so much.

The vibration from my phone disrupts my laughing. I pull it out and see I'm getting tons of instagram notifications. My eyebrows raise. Accounts after accounts are commenting my name in a picture. I tap the picture and see it's a picture of Jack and Madison kissing.

Why would people tag me in this? How do this many people even know about me?

I thought I would be upset at seeing this, but I'm not.  I sigh with relief after realizing, that this feeling is me, getting over jack. Finally, being able to not worry about him and Madison.

I put my phone away, and watch my bestfriends dance on stage, without a care in the world.

___________________

Y'all. I'm sorry. I really blew it with this story!! I just have literally no idea where it's going but it still gets so many reads to this day so I'm going to try to keep it going for you guys I promise.

In the meantime, I have 3 others stories you guys should read!

Beach house, the traphouse, and instagram