chapter 33

"I'm so glad we met you." Tatiana gives Leah a huge hug. We were at the airport, getting ready to go home. Our Hawaii getaway was coming to an end and I couldn't be more upset about it.

"I'm going to miss you." I hug Leah next. The smell of her lavender coconut shampoo that I had become obsessed with, filled my nose as she pulled away from me.

"You guys are special." Leah smiles. "I'm really glad we became good friends."

I smile and can feel my eyes start to burn slightly.

"You're going to make me cry." I look at Tatiana and she's about to lose it.

The announcement for our plane boarding was heard ahead.

"Well." I sigh. "See you soon."

"Keep in touch and visit whenever you want!" Leah says.

"Right back at you, always have a place for you in La!" Tatiana winks.

We wave to Leah as we board the plane.

We manage to find two seats next to each other, Tatiana of course called window seat.

"Here we go. Back home." She says.

"Yeah," I frown. Back to the last place I'd ever want to be right now.

"That felt like a really short flight." Tatiana says as we get off the plane and order and uber.

"That's because you slept like the entire time." I laugh.

"Oh yeah." She laughs with me.

Our uber arrives and we hop in. The ride back home was quiet. It was the type of quiet where we were just having major withdrawals. I could tell we were both thinking about Hawaii and Leah. If I could, I would move there. I mean, I could...

The uber pulls up to our home and we get out.

"Thank you!" I say as our driver hands us our bags.

We go inside and put our bags in our rooms.

"Soo.." Tatiana wanders around, "What do we do now?"

I look down at the floor. "I have to babysit in the morning."

"I can't believe you're still going to do it." She scoffs.

"I have to, I need the money." I flop on the couch. "Especially now after that trip."

She nods her head and flops next to me.

"It's late." She looks at the time on her phone. "But I'm not tired."

"Well one, you slept on the plane. And two, it's because the time is behind in Hawaii so when you go to bed at 10 or 11 there you're actually going to bed at  1 or 2 am."

"Oh shit." Tatiana leans back on the couch for a second and then stands up, "I think I'm going to try and go to bed though."

"Okay, I probably should too." I stand up with her.

"Goodnight." She says.

"Goodnight."

My 6am alarm wakes me up suddenly. I want to burst out crying from the sound. Can't I just be back in Hawaii with Leah and Tatiana??

I roll over and groan as I turn off my alarm.

I get out of bed and hop into the shower. I have school and babysitting today. A full day back to the grind.

After my shower, I get changed;

"You look cute." Tatiana says as I walk out of my room.

"Why thank you." I smile, "So do you."

I look up and down at her pajamas she's still wearing.

"I call it the, 'I really don't give a fuck anymore' look." She bows.

"Oohh wow what a trendsetter." I shake my head and laugh.

"What time will you be home?" She asks. I grab a string cheese out of the fridge and look at her.

"Why??" I raise an eyebrow. She never really asks me that kind of question.

"Just curious. Maybe we could go out tonight after you're done babysitting."

"Girl we have school tomorrow morning." I laugh. "What about at the end of the week?"

"Ugh I hate school and work and life." She slumps and shuffles to her room.

I roll my eyes. "So do I." I mumble to myself. I head out of the house, and headed for the day that is to come. Oh boy.. did I not see what was in for me that day.

_______________________

hey guys sorry this is a super short chapter but you guys wanted me to update!! i didnt want to start something juicy and have to cut it short or somethin so you're just gonna have to wait lolol.

i'm glad you guys are actually still enjoying this story after 3+ years of me starting it!!