chapter 31

"Oh my gosh this is so cool." Tatiana says as we pull up into the town.

It looks small, but that's because of the huge overgrown jungle trees and beautiful flowers of all colors scattered along the roadside. I roll down my window and take a deep, much needed breath. The air is sweet, and moist. The view, the people, the smells.. I don't miss LA at all. Nothing.

Leah parks alongside the road. We get out and I notice a couple of chickens just walking along the sidewalk.

"Chickens?" Tatiana looks at Leah.

"Chickens and hens roam around the island all the time." She says.

The island is so organic and peaceful it makes all the muscles in my body relaxed and at ease.

"Are you guys hungry? Or did you want to get lunch later?" Leah asks us.

"Lets go into a couple of shops and then we can get something to eat." I say.

"Sounds like a plan." Leah smiles. "This shop over here is so cute and has a lot of amazing bathing suits."

We walk in to a store called Kapai Stitchery. It's full of dresses, shirts, bathing suits, jewelry, accessories, souvenirs, etc.

A dress over in the corner immediately catches my eye. I walk over to it and pull it off the rack and stare at it in awe.

It's a long white flowy dress that wraps around the back. It has slightly off white flowers printed on it. You can barely see the flowers at all.

"Hold it in the sunlight." I jump as a person speaks behind me. I turn around to a short old woman standing there.

"What?" I ask.

"Hold the dress in the sunlight." She says once again.

I walk over to a window and put the dress in a patch of sunlight. I gasp as I notice the flowers turn to a golden color.

"Wow!" I say smiling. I look over to the lady and she's just standing there smiling. "How does it do that?"

She just keeps smiling, then she turns around and walks behind the counter.

"Would you like to buy it?" She asks.

I look at the dress and then at her, and then the dress again.

"Yes." I nod and smile as I walk over to her and purchase the dress.

"Thank you!" I reply.

"Are you guys ready?" Asks Tatiana.

"Yeah!" I say. "Check out my dress."

I pull the dress out and hold it outside as we all watch the flowers change colors.

"Whoa! Oh my gosh!" They both say practically at the same time.

"There's a luau tonight I was kind of wanting to take you guys too, you could wear that!" Leah says.

"You would look so good!" Tatiana exclaims.

"Oh my gosh yes I totally have to." I smile at the beautiful silky dress, sitting in my arms.