Chapter 17

"No we were just with them they have to be okay!" I cried

Harry wrapped his arms around me and comforted me. "We'll go and meet them in the ER babe." I nodded and we all climbed in Harrys car and headed to the hospital.

"Harry slow down you dont have to drive so fast." I said softly

He hadn't even realised how fast he was going and he slowed down. We got to the hospital in about twenty minutes and we rushed into the ER and walked up to the receptionist.

"Hi ma'am is Perrie Edwards here?"

"Yeah are you family?"

"No but we are friends. We were just with them and we just want to make sure she's okay."

"Sorry miss but if your not family we can't give you information."

"Zayn!" Louis yelled at the excitement of knowing his friend was okay when he turned the corner.

"Guys Perrie." He cried "shes hooked up to all these machines and i'm really scared." By this point he was sobbing. I felt awful seeing one of my best friends crying. I let go of Harry's hand and made my way over to Zayn. i hugged him and he hugged me tightly, leaned his head on my shoulder and sobbed. "It's all my fault Cassie. It's all my fault."

"what to you mean Zayn?"

"The light." He said between sobs "it was yellow. I should've waited. Its my fault."

"No Zayn it's not. It's not your fault."

He looked at me and half smiled. I wiped the tears off of his face and hugged him again. Then the doctor came out. "Mr. Malik," zayn looked over at her "We are still doing tests but so far she has broken two ribs an her left arm and legs. She also has whiplash and we had to put her in a medical induced coma because it was the only way to control her pain. We don't know when she will wake up. it could be anywhere from a couple of days to a month or two." Zayn nodded and tears were still flowing from his eyes. "If you would like to see her you can. You can bring two people back with you at a time." Zayn nodded. He looked at me and Harry and we followed him. I held Harrys hand and Zayn's. He really needed our support right now and I was positive all of us were willing to give it to him. 

We came to the door and the doctor opened it. "Please do not touch or remove the equipment and please keep your voices down so the other patients aren't disturbed" She said quietly and left

We all slowly walked in the room and I gasped. Harry squeezed my hand and led me to sit down on the couch that was on the otherside of the room and Zayn joined us on a chair next to the couch. Seeing Perrie like this was painful. I hadn't known her for very long but it still hurt. I had now considered her a friend. Her Whole left side was a mess. Her arm was in a cast and her leg was as well. The was a bandage wrapped all around her chest and waist to keep the boken ribs from moving and was hooked up to all kinds of machines with oxygen and morphine to stop the pain and whatever they were giving her to put her in to a coma. " Zayn are you sure you're okay?" I asked. I think I meant okay both phisically and mentally. I just didn't understand how he could be fine when Perrie was quite the opposite. 

"Yeah, the doctor said that I have a minor concussion from the airbag and whiplash but I wil be fine. I'll have headaches for about a week or two constantly but I really don't care. My life willbe a complete hell until she wakes up anyways." He started to cry again and Harry got up and hugged him trying to comfort him. I didn't know how to handle situations like this very well. It was too much for me. I wanted to break down and cry seeing one of my best friends beating himself up for something he had no control over. It killed me knowing that nothing anyone said to him would make him happy until he saw Perrie awake and well.

"Visiting hours are over. Can you two please leave? The boyfriend of the patient may stay." A nurse came in and said. We nodded and told her that we would be out in a moment. 

"Zayn are you sure you want to stay here over night? We have room in the van." Harry said

"Yeah I'll stay here tonight. I'll come home tomorrow to change and shower." We nodded and then left. The boys all asked us how Perrie was and we explained to them how awful she looked and they frowned. We went into the parking deck and made our way back to the boys house

"I'll call my uncle and explain to him what happened and ask if I can just stay over at your place. It's late and I'm exhausted." I got out my phone to call Simon

"Hello?" He answered clearly he was still up and I could hear the news in the background

"Hey it's Cassie. Have you heard what happened?" 

"Yeah. Cass I was so worried. I thought you guys might have gone together and you were in that car. You really should've called me hun."

"I know. Sorry that just never crossed my mind. We went and visited them at the hospital. Zayns fine, he just has a concussion and minor whiplash. Perrie on the other hand isn't so well. Practically the whole left side of her body is crushed. Zayn's really beating himself up about it and blaming himself because he was driving when it wasn't his fault at all."

"Yeah I figured. Are you still at the hospital?"

"No we just left. The boys and I are in the car. Zayn was going to stay with Perrie in the hospital. I know this is a lot to ask but is it okay if I just stay over at the boys house tonight? It's really late and I'm tired and..."

"Yeah cass go ahead. Just make sure you come home tomorrow. I'm sure the girls will want to talk to you."

"mkay thanks. See you tomorrow Uncle Simon."

"Bye Cassie. Be safe."

I pressed end call on my phone and turned to Harry. "I can stay over with you guys tonight. I don't think he wants any of us driving more than we have to considering the circumstances."

He nodded and kept looking at the road. It was so silent and akward but nobody wanted to talk so we didn't.  Harry took my hand to comfort me and I lost it. I just started crying and I couldn't stop. The boys in the back looked at me like I was crazy and Harry glanced over at me and squeezed my hand. "It'll all turn out okay babe. I promise." I burried my head into our hands that were on the counsle between our seats. Niall was behind me and he rubbed circles on my back to tell me everything would be okay as well. I was so glad that I had them right now. I just felt so helpless not being able to help Zayn or Perrie. 

We pulled into the boys house and I got out and rushed over to Harry's side. And I hugged him so tightly. He picked me up and put me on the hood of the car. He kissed me and then looked at me. "She'll be fine and Zayn will come to terms with the fact that it's not his fault that this happened to Perrie. I promise." I nodded and Harry led me into the house and up into his room. This time there were no rude comments made by Louis as everyone else had made their ways up to their room as well. Harry gave me a pair of sweat pants and we got changed and I climbed into his bed and he wrapped his arms around me. I felt really safe in his arms. Like nothing bad could ever happen to me as long as Harry was with me.