Chapter 43

At 3:09am May 14th, 2013, a healthy Ingrid Willow Styles was born at seven pounds, two ounces and thirty three centimeters long. There are no words to describe what I felt the first time I held her in my arms. Tears were definitely fallen and I was exhausted as hell and in pain from labor but none of that mattered as I held my baby girl. Harry and I both cried as soon as we heard her cries fill the air in the hospital air. The privilege of cutting the umbilical chord was of course given to Harry. One by one the band came in. Liam leading the pack saying how beautiful she is and how he can't wait to hear her call him 'Uncle Li' which I found adorable. Niall was by far the most emotional. He started off by telling Ingrid how 'Uncle Niall' would always be there for her and would always be right beside Harry to beat up any boys who hurt her. Louis was surprisingly calm. Hey I guess there's a first for everything! He just sat there holding my baby in awe of how delicate and fragile a little human being could be. Zayn came in with Perrie and he held my baby first. "She's so beautiful. She has your eyes Cassie." he told me then returning his eyes to Ingrid.

"Well Cass, do you suppose we should tell them now?" Harry said holding my hand from the chair besides my hospital bed. I nodded and opened my mouth to talk.

"Zayn, Perrie, Harry and I have decided that we would love it if you be Ingrid's godparents." I said with a smile on my face.

Zayn and Perrie looked from one another, to me, to the baby and smiled. They both nodded very excitedly if I do say so myself. "Of Course!" Perrie made her way over to me and carfully wrapped her arms around me.

Everyone eventually left around five am and I was left to sleep in a room with Harry and the hospital crib for ingrid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to a mixture of two things. Harry talking to someone and the cries of my baby girl. I glanced at my phone on the bed next to me and it was 11 in the morning. Very carefully, I sat up and Harry glanced in the door from the hallway. He walked in and closed the door behind him. "Here's some pant's and a tshirt for you Cass. I'll get Ingrid." Harry made his way over to the crib and picked her up making soft cooing noises to calm her down. I changed into the pair of yoga pants Harry handed me and put the white tee of his over my sports bra. I stared at my stomach and while it was still there, it had gone down a lot more than what I was expecting.

Once Ingrid calmed down a bit, Harry handed her to me and I sat cross legged on the hospital bed holding her. Today was the day that a nurse was going to come in and teach me how to breastfeed and then we would be good to go on our marry way.

"Cassie, your mum's here." Harry told me as I settled in. I nodded and he got her out of the hallway.

"Hey Cassandra!" My mom said as she walked over to me carefully hugging me while I had the baby in my arms. My mother was one of the only people that came to visit me on tour when I was pregnant. I havn't even talked to my dad since my birthday so I don't know if he knows. At first, Mom was pretty pissed off. She gave me this big long speech about how disappointed she was in me about getting pregnant at eighteen and how I should've waited. Once she got over the fact that her teenage daughter who wasn't living at home got pregnant with her boyfriend's baby she was super excited over the fact that she was going to be a grandmother even though she thought that she was way to young for that. "Well, can I hold my grandbaby?" she asked sitting down in the chair next to the bed. I carefully handed her my baby.

"Mom, this is Ingrid Willow Styles." I said to her.

My mother smiled down at her granddaughter. "Hi Ingrid! I'm your grandma! You are so beautiful! You will be loved by everyone who lays eyes on you. When you grow up you break boys hearts. I can just tell."