Chapter 30

“Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Cassie, Happy Birthday to you.” The words were whispered in my ears his warm breath sent a shiver throughout my whole body. His arms were wrapped around me in the same position that we fell asleep in last night and our legs were intertwined. “Cassie love, rise and shine! As long as we are on schedule there should be penguin shaped chocolate chip pancakes for you!” I smiled at the thought of all that Harry has gone through to make my birthday special already and haven’t even been up for five minutes yet. The singing to wake me up. The tenderness, and sexiness, of Harry’s raspy morning voice. The fact that he took my favorite animals, penguins, and my favorite breakfast, Chocolate chip Pancakes, and put them together. All of this just showed exactly how much he loves me. “Elizabeth and Merida came in earlier when we were sleeping to lay out your outfit so when we are done eating you can get ready.” He leaned down and kissed me softly on the lips. “And last but not least, Good morning love!”

I smiled and kissed him back. When he got out of bed he looked at me and I pointed to his hoodie and he gave it to me. I then held my arms out like a baby trying to get his mother to pick him up. Harry turned around and I jumped on his back. “So are you not talking today?” Harry laughed.

“Oh, I’ll talk, but it’s really early right now! It’s only eight and you expect me to function?” I asked with a hint of humor but I was pretty serious.

Harry gave me a piggyback ride down the stairs and there was a chef cooking penguin shaped pancakes. I laughed when Harry put me down and pulled me into a hug. Niall was up and eating at the counter, but got up when he saw me. “Happy birthday Cassie!” He said pulling me away from Harry and hugging me. When he let go, Harry and I sat down next to him at the counter and our breakfast was already laid out in front of us. The pancakes had whipped cream all over them, just how I liked it. With the whipped cream, I didn’t need syrup! My coffee was set out and it was exactly how I liked it with French vanilla caramel creamer. I dig into my food and heard what sounded like a thousand footsteps coming down the steps. Liam and Louis were running down the steps and screamed Happy Birthday to me and got on either side of me and kissed my cheeks. They then got their food and Elizabeth and Merida came down and said Happy Birthday to me as well. Merida went over to Niall next to her and they kissed. I think that they are obviously getting along very well and hopefully they will last.

After I was done eating and my plates were taken from me, I got another cup of coffee and sipped it while everyone else finished eating.

My mother came downstairs next. “Happy Birthday sweetie! You know, eighteen years ago right now, I was in labor!” I made a disgusted look on my face and she laughed then got her food.

After everyone was almost finished, Uncle Simon came out of his office with a worried look on his face, but when he saw me he smiled. “Happy Birthday Cass! God, I can’t believe you’re eighteen! It’s crazy. I remember when you were a baby.”

I laughed at his trying to be sincere. It was not his specialty that’s for sure and the whole world knew it. He got his lovely reputation of being the mean judge on American Idol and now The X Factor. “Is everything okay?” I asked him quietly, not wanting to bring attention to our conversation.

“Yeah, I just got an email and I was trying to figure out how to comprehend it.” I nodded knowing that he was not going to explain everything to me and let it go. If it was something really important, he would’ve told me. Just as Simon stepped away, the last person came downstairs. Zayn. He was already dressed and walked down the stairs. He looked… happier than usual.

“Good morning Zayn!” I said cheerfully hoping that he would return the favor.

He surprisingly smiled at me “Good morning Cassie! Happy Birthday!”